Maternity Bathing Suit?

bassdesire

Reaction score
I have friends who just wear normal bathing suits, so it must be a possibility. But do I need a maternity bathing suit? Did you buy one?

I was thinking about a normal bakini in a larger size, but I have so many stretch marks from baby #1. What do you think? WillI be a sight for sore eyes or should I just say screw everyone's eyes LOL?

theres a lady in my aqua class and she's due next week - she's wearing a regular suit and sorry if it' just me but i think it looks awful - she is really small, all bump, but the suit is stretched to breaking point, her boobs are pressed into her bump cos it's too small for her and her entire front just has no shape whatsoever... :shrug: a bikini should be fine though i'd have thought...

If I go with a regular suit, I will definitely size up when the time comes... I'm due on Halloween so while I will be big in the summer, I won't be the biggest.

I just worry about my stretch marks, too. Am I shunned to a onepiece post baby?!

Are you in the UK, next have got some really nice ones and I think one of them is only £14.

I wore a sport bikini with my last and will probably get one again this time. It's not one of those skimpy bikinis - much more coverage and support. I just found that the maternity suits were odd-fitting and uncomfortable. I also tried a maternity tankini, but it rode up the bump! xx

I wore a sport bikini with my last and will probably get one again this time. It's not one of those skimpy bikinis - much more coverage and support. I just found that the maternity suits were odd-fitting and uncomfortable. I also tried a maternity tankini, but it rode up the bump! xx

That's what I hear about them. The top comes up in the pool....

I am going to google sport bakini--I think Burberry has a black one...

I bought a maternity bathing suit from new look online. Think it was around £14

It can be epanded and you can wear it after birth untill your belly goes back to normal x

I went ahead and bought a maternity tankini top from Motherhood Maternity. It was only $25. It's supportive in the bust and the material is gathered on the sides so it's cute. It's black and I'm just wearing regular black bikini bottoms with it from last summer. I got the tankini mostly because my breasts are FAR too big and heavy to even fit in a regular bikini top nevermind be supported, it would be ALOT of inappropriate cleavage that I don't find attractive at all. Plus i think I'll feel weird showing so much skin when I am larger. Also read that sun exposure to the belly can make the linea negra (belly line) darker.

Edited to Add::: If you can still fit in your normal bathing suit/bikini then more power to you. I am jealous! I had so many cute ones from going on vacation last summer that I can't wear now and it's all b/c of my ridiculously massive bOObs!!!! grrrrr!

I stayed in my regular Bikini my whole first pregnancy. (bought bigger bottoms but still regular ones) I didnt see the point of buying a maternity one when my regular one fit just fine. And i wouldnt worry about the stretch marks. If people have a problem tell them to suck it up. Be proud of you Mommy marks! I am.

I bought a maternity suit, a tankini one. I haven't swam with it yet, but will be giving it a try next week. My old suit wouldn't hold my boobs when I wasn't pregnant, so I didn't even bother trying it on after I got pregnant. It fit my midsection perfectly, but the girls were spilling out the top, the sides, and they were unsupported and it was just not cute.

I got mine from Target.

How about these bottoms

https://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/...&c=Page&cid=1304338692342&pagename=vsdWrapper

With this top?

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/robin-...155203?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=634

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->