Maternity Pay 2010

bunnyhop

Reaction score
We are waiting atm for ttc basically because is 2007 they brought in 9 months mat pay and said in 2010 they will be bringing in 12 months. Does anyone know if this will or wont happen? I would like 12 months with baby and it only means i have to wait another month before we start ttc but 'if' i knew that the 12 months wasnt going to happen id start trying now.

I dont supose anyone has any info on this? x

I'd like to know the answer to this too, I've tried looking online and don't seem to be able to find much info.

I dont know either hun, would be fab if it was true though! xxx

I found this

https://www.lge.gov.uk/lge/core/page.do?pageId=119649#contents-3

So it could be happening xxx

Excellent!! Thats the 1st time ive seen it say 'it will' be extended! Only another 3 weeks to go before the dates till fall right! Im so broody now but that week keep me going to hold out for the next few weeks before ttc thanks hunny xx

I believe that the Work and Families Act 2006 means that they have to extend to 52 weeks SMP by the end of the current parliament. The next election must be held before June 2010 and the majority of employment legislation gets implemented in April or October each year. Therefore it's now expected that the change will be from 5/6 April 2010.

You can also check the HMRC website: https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/statutory-notices/paternity-leave-pay.htm

My Mum printed me off a load of Maternity stuff from her work so that I had it (she is an area manager so needs to deal with a lot of it) and knows that my work probably wouldnt be so quick to come forward with the info.

It's great :)

xxx

ooh thats good because we're WTT, hoping to TTC in 2010.

Hi girls!
We have 52 weeks now in Canada. You get it as part of unemployment insurance and you have to have worked a certain number of hours as an employee to qualify. While it's definitely not money I'd want to do without, it definitely would not have been enough on its own to cover our mat year. I am a big fan of a financial advisor named Gail Vaz-Oxlade. She gave a really good strategy for saving for mat leave year that my husband and I followed. I am including a link to her blogsite with that article. The strategy is in the second half. It really helped us, so it might be of interest to you guys. Especially as you are still in the WTT and TTC stages, you'll be in a sweet spot for your baby year if you implemented some of her strategies now.
Anyway, just something to check out if you feel like:
https://gailvazoxlade.com/blog/archives/138#comments

Thats fab news but how does it work if you have your baby before the law comes in i.e baby is due Jan 2010 - does it count me out ???? our can I just extend it ???

Unfortunatly it will be babies due dates after the 5th April x

Yep, it's looking pretty certain. One of the reasons we thought Sept would be a good time to start trying among others, is that we're pretty much guaranteed that our baby will be born later than April 10. However, if it doesn't go ahead, we won't be putting it off any longer! x

Hopefully it might change again by 2012

Does anyone know what it's like in Spain?? 2500€?? How much time do we get off? xxxx

That's good info to know! I'm currently out of work so even if I get a job really soon, I'm unlikely to have been in it long enough to benefit from an enhanced maternity package (unless TTC takes years rather than months). So knowing this about SMP is helpful.

I have been keeping an eye on this for a couple for years now and just note what they say on the HMRC website as shown in another post.

They are very clearly not committing that they will start giving 52 wks SMP in April 2010, and bear in mind that they were supposed to start this in 08, then it was postponed to Apr 09, then Oct 09 and now Apr 10.

From what I have read, because of the economic climate, they are concerned that the cost implications to small businesses would be too much at the moment and so are unlikely to implement it before a big change in the countries finances. I don't know how this fits in with their Families Act and having an election before June 10 - but if I was you, I woudln't keep waiting to get going as this 52 weeks SMP might not actually ever come about!

I have been keeping an eye on this for a couple for years now and just note what they say on the HMRC website as shown in another post.

They are very clearly not committing that they will start giving 52 wks SMP in April 2010, and bear in mind that they were supposed to start this in 08, then it was postponed to Apr 09, then Oct 09 and now Apr 10.

From what I have read, because of the economic climate, they are concerned that the cost implications to small businesses would be too much at the moment and so are unlikely to implement it before a big change in the countries finances. I don't know how this fits in with their Families Act and having an election before June 10 - but if I was you, I woudln't keep waiting to get going as this 52 weeks SMP might not actually ever come about!

Thanks for this, it we're not waiting to TTC because of this, it would have been fab if it did come in, but I don't believe a word of what polititians say tbh, they all promise the earth and deliver naff all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->