May 2012 babies - so far 8 yellow, 22 blue, 21 pink!

Hey there, I love making cute signatures (I'm weird like that lol) what do you guys think? Failed a little on the centering LOL

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/Vaurissa/sig4.png

I'm pretty sure I'm just crazy but anyone else feeling round ligament pains already? Particularly those in their 2nd or 3rd pregnancies?

what do they feel like? occasionally in the past week I've had really sharp stabbing pains when I cough or move position funny, if that makes sense. It feels like the muscles down there have been disturbed.

I'm not yet, but it doesn't surprise me you are. Typically women show faster with each pregnancy, so your uterus and muscles in that area could very well be stretching already.

hey we got lucky on the 2nd cycle im due round may 5th but i no that we BD on the day of O so i think ill pop more like may 13th hehe :)
my tickers are a bit off as i have a 34 day cycle not a normal 28 : and i think thats what they base it on :)

what do they feel like? occasionally in the past week I've had really sharp stabbing pains when I cough or move position funny, if that makes sense. It feels like the muscles down there have been disturbed.

This is a direct copy/paste so I didn't word it wrong.

* Your uterus is normally the size of a pear. Thick ligaments, one of which is called the round ligament, hold your uterus in suspension within your abdomen. As the uterus grows in size and weight, these ligaments become very long and thin, stressing and tensing like rubber bands.

* The ligaments pull and tug on nearby nerve fibers and sensitive structures, causing pain. The severity of pain can worry you. Although round ligament pain is uncomfortable, it is also very normal.

* A ligament spasm, an involuntary contraction or cramp, usually triggers a sharp pain. These spasms are found more frequently on the right side than the left because of the normal tendency of the uterus to turn to the right.

* You might awaken at night with pain after having suddenly rolled over in your sleep.

I'm not yet, but it doesn't surprise me you are. Typically women show faster with each pregnancy, so your uterus and muscles in that area could very well be stretching already.

It's so weird to me to be feeling anything already. It's like I found out I was pregnant and all of a sudden my body is acting further along than I am. I feel so freaking pregnant right now. Bloated and stretched and sore and tired and nauseous. There's no way I'll be able to hide this as long as I was hoping to, as stretched and bloated as I look/feel.

This is technically my 4th pregnancy although the chemical last month didn't get very far to have much impact on stretching out my uterus. So this would be my 3rd pregnancy (2nd child) and I feel super stretched. I'm not too surprised either because of that fact but still... taking me by surprise.

Wow that's very strange! Sounds like what I've had though how is that possible this early?

I've doubled over twice from the severity but it goes away a few seconds later, other times not so bad.
I had this with previous pregnancies too but it never really concerned me at all enough to ask someone about it cos it felt muscular and directly related to moving or coughing/sneezing.

Thanks for that! Also I'm with ya on the earlier preg symptoms! I've had them for a week to a week and a half already! This will me my 5th pregnancy, 4th child, 1 mc and its the only one where symptoms started this bad and this early.

It's possible because you've been pregnant before. Your uterus never shrank back to normal size. It's along the same lines of why you show sooner with secondary+ pregnancies.

So glad that so many ladies have joined us! Yay to all the may babies! There's loads of us now. I'll try make a list on the front page with everyone's due date. Thanks for all the advice you ladies have already given. This is going to be a lovely way to go through our pregnancies coz there's experienced mums and first time mums... You experienced mums might get asked loads of questions!!

Hey guys, I am also expecting my third baby sometime in May, haven't gotten the official due date yet as I have to wait until the 26th to see my doctor. Hoping it's a boy this time as I have two girls already aged 4 and almost 2. Unexpected pregnancy so I'm having alot of mood swings, but in general I am quite happy and excited for what's to come, and very glad that I don't get morning sickness. Congrats to all you mothers on this forum & reading this, we can do this, we're strong women! :)

Hi Claire - We're all here for you. Hope this one sticks for you! See you're in SA. Im originally from Zimbabwe! Hope you enjoying the warm weather! I miss it so much!

Hi there

thanks for the message :) yes, so nice and warm here now and nice to see some other southern African ladies on here :)

Have a lovely day, lets keep in touch :)

Hope you all have a fantastic day - 1 day closer to meeting out babies! eeek!

Hey everyone! I just joined! We'd been trying for a couple of months and BOOM! I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but sometimes I still don't feel/forget I'm pregnant! I really just want this time to fly by so I can get into my first appointment. I figure I'll wait till the 8 week mark.

First :wohoo: Lil bean due May 9, 2012!

hi, this was my first month ttc number 1 and it worked straight away!
i was so shocked, im due may 9th :)

This was my first month trying, and I'm also due May 9th! We should share symptoms!

Hi all - I am due around the 12th May with my second child - took us a long time to get here, struggled to get pregnant after an ectopic last year so have my fingers crossed for a sticky bean in the RIGHT place!!
Good luck to everyone here!!

Hi everyone...can I join???

We found out we're expecting this week and by my calculations I think I am due May 12th! This will be my first baby but 2nd pregnancy, unfortunately I had a mmc in January this year. We were actually going to wait until the end of the year to ttc as we are getting married on April 28th 2012 lol!

Started worrying this morning as my sore bb's have just stopped being sore but I have heard this can come and go....I am positive this time all will be ok :)

Is it crazy that I swear my belly already looks rounder?! Lol, hubby reckons it is too, is it just in our heads?! Anyone else noticing this?

Hello everyone,

Can I join? Also due in May, May the 15th approximately.

Feeling a little bit of a fraud at the moment, having some symptoms, but hasn't really hit me yet.

This is our first and feeling a bit jumpy about every ache and pain and trying to second guess everything. Worrying when I get some kind of pain and then panicing when it disappears! Not quite sure I will relax or even really believe it until a first scan!

It's great to have these forums to speak to people in the same boat. Especially as won't tell anyone about it for a while!

Been to the docs and they said to contact the midwives at the birthing centre near where we live to make a booking appointment for 8 - 10 weeks, but I've been too scared to ring yet. Really need to pluck up the courage, but it somehow doesn't quite feel real!

Has everyone else made contact with the docs / midwives yet?

I went to the doctor yesterday - mainly cos I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do! He weighed and measured me, did blood pressure etc and then referred me to my local maternity ward so now I just have to wait for them to contact me and he reckons within 2 weeks... What do I do with myself til then lol?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->