May 2013 Babies

Court, I hope this is it for you!! I'd relax and wait it out a bit at home where you have your own clothes and food and comforts. Laboring in the hospital is no fun, you may as well wait until they are closer together and stronger. (You shouldn't be able to talk through them, and you have to close your eyes through the climax of the contraction.) So exciting if this is it! And you would have guessed the due date too!

Pad: LOL at "slimy!" I was thinking "What would make a c-section slimy??" LOL!

Well they continued until around 8 and slowly decreased! Ugh I'm beginning to wonder if my hypothyroidism is causing this? I never experienced this with my boys! As soon as regular contractions began and lasted 2 hours they became stronger and i was in active labor! I'm wondering if my body may need pitocin to jumpstart things since I am on synthroid for thyroid?

Hmm, that's interesting. I'm on synthroid too and I've had contractions off and on for the last two weeks. They are painful like labor, but they go away. I've been able to stop the pain by taking an epsom salt baths or going to sleep, then they go away. But laying down and drinking water doesn't stop them. I didn't know hypothyroidism affected labor. Makes sense though, my contractions with DD's labor were never regular, and I received pitocin to try to get them to come at regular intervals and intensity. I'll have to ask my doctor about that!

See! If you're going through the same thing perhaps this is the case! I wasn't hypo with my two other children so this is all new to me and this pregnanccy along with these contractions are something I have never experienced. Its as if my body is trying to go into labor and just stops! You had hypo with your first as well? Yes nothing works for me either. I tried walking today, sitting, drinking a ton of water etc. Eventually they just dissipated. I will be close to 40 weeks at my next appointment I am wondering if she will suggest pitocin to get ball rolling. At first I was opposed to it but given how I keep having these intense contractions coupled with me having trouble with childcare for my two other children and DH working so far I am beginning to think that if he doesn't make an appearance by Thursday maybe I should start exploring that option. I am so scared though bc with my first they gave me pitocin bc I arrived at hospital at 2 cm and it was a first time birth so things were going slowly. That labor was horribly long and resulted in 2 hours of pushing and I almost had a section. What was your experience with it? I am assuming I will be okay bc this is my third baby and my second labor was incredibly quick. Argh...I never thought I would have to deal with this o_O

I would buy some epsom salt and take a warm salt bath next time they get inbearable. I didn't get painful BH with DD, but they did happen a lot. Not like these, these are like labor contractions. I even timed one as it rose in intensity, climaxed at 30 seconds, then came back down. Just like labor! I was so convinced it was starting but the next contractions were irregular and they went away when I tried to get some sleep. I've been granted sick leave thanks to a note from my doctor so I don't have to work anymore. DD has daycare, thank God, that I can send her to during the week and hopefully get some rest this week. My plan is to wait for my waters to break like I did last time. Then it was 7 hours and she was out. My contractions never did get regular though. Don't know if I had hypothyroidism with her because they didn't test me until after my third m/c. But I had all the symptoms, so I probably did and didn't know it.
My doctor said that subsequent babies are usually faster labors. I think if you can go without pitocin you should try. Unlike oxytocin (that our body produces) pitocin gives constant strong contractions. Oxytocin allows them to come in waves. But I totally get why you would consider inducing! I am counting the days until DH comes home and then I plan to try every trick in the book to induce myself!!

Congrats Pad!! How exciting!

I feel left out, still not had a single contraction :( My baby will be late, I just know it.

Congrats Pad. I'm over the moon for you and how wonderful you have your little boy here to cuddle. Xxx

Court - I hope it gets going properly for you soon. I am hypo and now paranoid I will labour on and off like that.

AFM - I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead so have got a scan on Wednesday. Getting pretty uncomfortable, lots of pressure down there and BHs.

I know most first timers go over though, so am just trying to accept its going to be another 4 weeks.

:-( I think it's just my screwed up body!!! Lol I'm so hoping for something but at this point he's better off not coming until Friday bc I don't have good access to child care. As we all know baby will probably try to come at 2am on Tuesday when I'm screwed lol.

Thyroid is not going to affect anything at all. I've been hypo for the last 2 and had no issues.

Mizz-I'm 1000% sure this is my last and it's such a good feeling!! But then I'll miss a newborn I'm sure. My body gets worse every time with the GD and contractions. I'm officially over feeling like this!!

Wow things are really starting to pick for a few of us!!

Court I hope baby makes his appearance soon, I know you are ready for him!!

Tour don't worry, you r right around the corner and will have your baby before you know it!! :hugs:

Kelly it's a great feeling for me too!!! I am grateful to have made it this far so I am looking forward to not going through this again!!!

AFM contractions becoming more intense and lots of lower pressure. I also started losing my plug yesterday an have had like 7 poops in one day Lmao TMI :)
I have appt tomorrow so I will ask her to check my cervix and do a trans ultrasound because in surgery the doc cut the knots on the stitch but said she couldn't get them out. I need to know what is still there and a more detailed explanation about when they will take it allll out and what not. My doc tomorrow is who put it in so I know she will look at it and see where to go. She was supposed to take it out tomorrow but of course my body contracted too much so it had to be taken out last week.
After they removed it remember I was 75 effaced 1cm and -2 station. I think it's progressed just because of how I've been feeling (happened a week before I delivered dd1) so I'm in familar territory finally!! But I lost my show all at once then my water broke a couple hours later so losing it slowly this time is soooo weird lol

I hope we all get to a good point and safe point to have our babies soon!!!!

Yes I am very ready, just so frustrated bc I didn't deal with this in either of my other two pregnancies but I suppose all pregnancies are different! Now he has to wait till Friday bc child care is going to be difficult to find until then and dh needs to get a full week in at work lol!!

Let us know how your appt goes mizz! I go back on Thursday. I'm not sure what I should decide though if she suggests induction. At this point I may as well just wait it out, I'm petrified of induction but am scared that my body is messed up from the thyroid issues :-(

Court - I know it could be different for you as every labor is different, but I was induced with both of my full-term pregnancies and made it through completely drug-free. With DS, my water broke at 37+3 and I didn't start contracting or progressing on my own so my OB started Pitocin. 12 hours later, my healthy baby boy was born. As it was my first time, I had no idea what to expect and all I can tell you is that it hurt, but the pain was manageable. My OB and nurses titrated the dose up pretty slowly though and they took their cues from my body. I feel like the horror stories from being induced or from Pitocin are when nurses or doctors titrate according to a schedule or if they get impatient and just want the baby born so they don't have to come back in the middle of the night. Lol. With DD, we scheduled the induction as I was losing my waters slowly and even though my fluid levels were good and it seemed like the leak would seal itself, the stress of waking up in a small puddle was too much for me. I would panic and we would rush to the hospital only to be told I wasn't leaking anymore. Anyway, my OB opted for a vaginal dose of Cytotec which got me from 1-3 cm in 3 hours before I stopped contracting. It did soften my cervix though. I refused a second dose and just asked for the Pit, but luckily my OB was there delivering another baby so he stopped in and decided to break my water to see if that got things going without the Pitocin. It did! He broke my water at 2:22 when I was at 3 cm and a little over an hour and a half later, at 4:08, my healthy baby girl was born. :) Anyway, that was super long, but I wanted to give you positive induction stories. I have my next appointment this Thursday and if my OB has a medical reason for me to schedule an induction, I will 100% take him up on it. Being a control freak, it also helps me to know when the baby is coming so I can make all my arrangements beforehand. :haha: That's just a little bonus for me.

Mizz - anytime for you!!! Good luck at the doctor!!!

Tour - I haven't felt anything yet either. Don't feel left out. :hugs: Our time will be here before you know it!

ILuv - I hear you on the 1000% sure this is our last! I keep telling hubs to go get snipped so we can dtd when we get cleared postpartum and we don't have to worry about baby #4 accidentally getting conceived.

We are SO close, ladies!!!

Court it's so nerve wrecking because its literally anytime now for us! I was given pitocin for dd2 my angel, and the contractions were painful but like Cgav, I've had drug free deliveries with both kids (didn't have a choice with low platelets tho lol) I agree with her, they are manageable. They give me more after both my deliveries to stop my bleeding due to platelets being low and that part for me was more painful than the labor lol
I think you will be fine if you have to be induced and with this being your third, yeah I don't think you will be having a long long labor/delivery. I hope you feel better about it now :hugs:

Aww ladies thank you so much! I feel much better now. All I keep hearing is the horror stories of induction it's nice to hear some that aren't so horrific. I think if he's still not here by Thursday I am going to ask about it. It'll def make my life easier as well bc the child care situation will also be solved by having an induction. I'm sure doc will suggest it anyway especially if I am dilated anymore. Hopefully the contractions from Sunday helped!!!

Thanks again <3

Appt here tomorrow! Another NST, getting checked, GBS being run and one last u/s for growth. My prediction is 6 lbs or more. Had more contractions today and so little sleep. I need the next 3 weeks but if not nothing I can do about it! :)

Court - my MW said inductions are no more painful than normal births. It's just that the drugs mean you don't get the slow build up so it seems a lot more intense. Xxx

So had appointment and........ Drum roll..... Officially OFF bedrest!!!!!! Omg you don't know how good it feels! Since I was 18 weeks strict bed rest and now I'm allowed to do normal activities! Stitch is out and I'm 36 weeks :D had shots and doc said they r still in effect if I deliver this week! I am soooo happy!!!! Oh and I dilated another centimeter since Friday :-0 and that was on bedrest doing nothing Lol
Yeah it's only a matter of time in my opinion until I go! :):):):)
I can have SEX!!! Lol trust me I neeeed it an dh does too lol I was 8 weeks preggos last time we were allowed to so that was last year in sept/oct! I will be having a good week ;)
Sorry for the long explanation but I'm just so excited after everything we've been through. I'm only worried about platelets because I forgot to ask about plan of care if I needed a c sect for some crazy reason. With me, anything goes lol ill ask at my next week appt. ( you all know I talk alot by now lol)

Kelly I hope your appt goes well and little one cooperates! My baby has had to be buzzed too the last couple of nst appts lol I'm hoping our babies behave this time :)

Quick update: we welcomed little Xavier Alexander at 938 am today after a fast drug free delivery!!!! He weighed in at 6lbs 14 oz and 19 inches. So beyond happy!!! I'll give a more detailed update soon:)

Court - that's awesome!!! Congratulations and welcome to the world Baby Xavier!!! Can't wait for pics and details. I can't believe how fast that all happened! Thrilled for you, hon! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->