May 2013 Babies

Congrats Tourn!! What an amazing birth story!! I give you props lady, I was screaming like a banshee at 7cm. I think they gave me the epidural just to shut me up. LOVE the pic, so precious!!!

Congrats also to Manu!! Mine came out with the cord wrapped twice and blue as well, but there were no effects. Glad your little man is well, he looks so adorable!! Love those ears!!

Colton is doing well, we had a checkup today. He has gained his birthweight back again and then some! Already gained 11oz in 8 days, the pede was astounded. He's going to be a chunky boy. :) BFing is going great, I'm happy that he's gaining and I'm producing well. I hope I can keep this up!

Hi ladies!

It's raining rainbow babies... I love it. Congratulations to all you yummy mummies... can you believe it??? We did it!

Our birth story:

On May 1, DH and I headed out to our final growth scan. We were seen right away and the peri did his usual business with the ultrasound. He got to measuring my amniotic fluid (which he always does last) and said, "hmmmm. Who's your doctor?" Hubs and I looked at each other with the same "oh sh*t" look as I answered. The peri said, "it's time for you to have your baby." And I said, "okay." Thinking that he meant everything looked good and I was full term so I could have the baby anytime. DH said, "Today???" and the peri said, "Yes. Your fluid is really low so I'm getting your doctor on the phone and letting him know you're on your way to the hospital." So off we went. We stopped at home to grab my hospital bag and got to the hospital a little before 11am. The nurse showed us to our room, I changed into a gown and she checked me. I was at 3 cm, thin and about 80% effaced. She called my doctor to see what the course of action would be. Sure enough, he ordered Pitocin. The Pitocin was started at 12:15 and everything seemed to progress nicely. My OB came in to break my water and insert an internal monitor at about 2:30 and said I was a tight 3. He told me he would see me at dinner time as that's when he expected I would have the baby. About 20 mins later, I was in absolute agony. I had both DS and DD with no drugs. I asked DH to have the nurse check me. I rationalized that if I was at a 6-7 or higher then I wouldn't ask for any drugs. Well, I was 4 cm dilated. I looked at my husband and started crying and said, "I can't do this for another 6 hours or however long it'll take." He told me to just get an epidural, but I didn't want one. I just asked for IV pain meds and was given Dilaudid, which did nothing except make me sleepy. So I would close my eyes, feel a contraction coming, grab my husband's fingers and squeeze the life out of them. Then once I felt the contraction coming down, my whole body would relax then start all over a minute and a half to two minutes later. I started feeling pressure and told DH to ask the nurse to check me. I was at an 8. Someone had just had a c-section and my doctor had assisted, but had already left to back to his office. Thank God his office is right next door to the hospital! The nurse called out to someone to get Williams (my OB) back here and tell him I'm ready to deliver. The next contraction, I started panting and told her I needed to push. She checked me again and I was fully dilated. She told me to breathe through my contractions and not to push. They couldn't get him as he was walking back to his office so they were asking another OB (the one who did the c-section) to deliver me because they didn't think my OB would make it back in time. Luckily, he got there just in time and told me to start pushing as he was washing his hands. So I did. One contraction and three pushes later, Annabel Claudine entered the world at 3:51 pm. My husband didn't get to cut the cord as it was wrapped around her neck tightly so I actually had to stop pushing once her head was out so my doctor could cut the cord from around her neck and deliver the rest of her. She has two black eyes and a broken blood vessel in one of her eyes as a result of the tight nuchal cord and her super fast delivery. Other than that , she was 5 lbs 12 oz and 18 inches of beauty.

It took her over 24 hours to pass any meconium so she was pretty severely jaundiced on day 3. We went to the lactation consultant the Saturday after she was born and her bilirubin was 13.5 which was pretty high. She also weighed only 5 lbs 3 oz so she had lost 10% of her body weight. We called her ped who told me to supplement formula twice a day, which I did. We went to the ped on Monday and she weighed 5 lbs 6 oz, but her bili was 17.8. Our doctor would have admitted her at 19-20 so we upped the supplementation to every other feed (I was worried sick so I ended up supplementing every feed) then went back on Wednesday. Her bili was down to 15.2. Our ped told us to keep doing what we're doing since it was going down. She doesn't seem as yellow or as lethargic so I'm assuming the number is continuing to decrease. Our next appt is next Monday so we'll see. My supply has severely plummeted though so that sucks. :( hopefully I can get the go ahead next Monday to wean her off the formula and just have a breastfeeding boot camp for a couple of days where I do nothing but nurse to try and get my supply back up.

Anyway, that's my novel of a birth story and the subsequent 12 days afterwards. I just love her to bits and pieces.

Seriously, treasure every moment of these early days. My first born turned 12 today and I still remember him being this small and the awe I used to feel staring at him as a newborn. Now I stare at him as a young man and that awe is still there. I look at all my children and can hardly believe that my husband and I made them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 9
She is gorgeous!!! We both have the same day! May 1st :)

Wow cgav, what a story!! That sounds scary but amazing at the same time. She is just beautiful, love those big eyes! (And the sailor jumper, OMG cute!!) Can you purchase a manual breast pump so that you can pump to up your supply? I've been nursing on one side and pumping the other. Oatmeal can also help your supply, as can fenugreek, Mother's Milk tea, and beer (non-alcoholic of course!). The important thing is to stimulate supply so maybe nurse on both sides then pump both sides after? I hope it works out for you! No matter what, you're doing best for Baby Guava and it sounds like you're doing great getting the bilirubin level down. We put Colton in the window for a couple hours a day to get some UV to help his bilirubin levels. (Indirect sunlight, not in the sun.) Is the weather fair enough to get Baby Guava some sun? It might help a bit.

Congrats Manu and hooray for our babies shared birthday! An excellent day in history too.

Great birth story Cgav and a beautiful little girl I still can't believe we all finally made it this far.

As for keeping in touch with you all, I honestly feel blessed to have shared this journey with such wonderful, strong women and I would love to keep in contact with every one of you.
If anyone is on facebook, please feel free to add me (send me a PM as well, so I know who you are, i'm very picky about who I add on facebook) Kate Schofield [email protected]

Bennett is here!!!!!! I was induced on Monday! I was 3 cm for forever it seems like. Pitocin was upped 8 times!! I got a shot of Nubain since the OB wanted to wait a bit more to put the epidural in. I was literally floating for hours. That coupled with 2 hours of sleep made me so sick. And I was starving the entire day! She broke my water and it was like the flood gates opened. It was yellowish green so I thought I had peed myself. Nope...meconium. Panic #1.... A few hours later and I was 6 cm. Heart started to decel to 80 about every 3rd or 4th contraction. Panic #2... They decided to put an internal monitor in and also started adding back fluid via catheter. I seriously thought c-section at that point. Got to 9 and they gave me 1 more hour. Finally complete! I was put on oxygen to try and get the baby to respond better. Started pushing and his HR went flat. Panic #3... I got him out in about 5 minutes and he had a double cord wrap around his neck. NICU team rushed in to stabilize him. DH says he was blue but I didn't see that at all. His apgar was 9 just 5 minutes later and he pinked right up. Never cried though at all no matter what they did! We dealt with grunting all night long so he was watched closely. 6 lbs 9 oz 18 1/2 inches long 6:53 pm after 10 hours of labor. He is just a sweetheart!!!! We came home Wednesday and I love him to pieces! Such a good baby!!!!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/ILuvBabies2000/Facebook/Bennett%2051313/954640_10151381385837377_732514566_n.jpg

Congrats Tour & Manu! These boys are precious! I was bawling at delivery. Just so many emotions!!! :*)

ILuv he looks so adorable!! What a birth story too, goodness! Glad he is healthy and safe. Hope you are doing well too Mama!

Congrats Iluv! He's a real cutie. :happydance: So glad all turned out ok, sounds so scary! Yeah I bawled the second I heard my baby cry, I was just so so happy & there was more than a touch of relief in there too. :flower:

Oh me too, burst into hysterical tears the second the midwife put him on my chest. :')

Massive congratulations ladies! What a beautiful bunch of rainbows we all have!

Leo was born 19th April at 13.44 via c section... didn't go to plan.. nothing ever does when it comes to my Son.. he does it all his own way, which isn't always the easiest way lol. Despite being told he would be a big baby he was actually born weighing 5lb 13 oz at 37+5 and beautifully healthy! Despite a slightly rocky start with thyroid and jaundice issues he is now putting on weight beautifully!

Here is my little trouble maker Leo Isaac Lucas!

Here he is at 15 days old ... just as he has realised he is having a bath!:haha:

Attachments

• Leo 15 days.jpg
    Leo 15 days.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
Yay Pad!!!! He's lovely! :happydance:

Eddie had jaundice too but it seems to have cleared up now. He's such a hungry little man. He's feeding every 2.5 to 3 hours and having 100ml of expressed milk each time. He had his first pediatrician appt yesterday & at 12 days he's already 300g over his birth weight & has grown 1.5cm. I'm soooo sleepy but loving every minute of it!

Hope everyone's doing ok.
:hugs:

Anybody else sad the journey is over??? I had so many scary points but I find myself missing it already! Hormones! :)

Kelly - I'm sad that I won't have the excitement of peeing on a stick anymore or announcing that we're pregnant or feeling little baby kicks or hiccups inside me ever again. But all at the same time, I'm relieved that I won't ever have to pee on a stick again and either suffer the disappointment of a BFN or the fear that comes with a BFP after so many losses. On top of all that, I'm thrilled to have our baby girl here to complete our family and couldn't imagine it any other way. I think about how I should have a 15 year old or a three year old or a two year old or a ten month old and I realize that I have my forever baby... the one that was meant to complete us. And to top it all off, I still find myself terrified and worried that something will go wrong. Is she breathing? Is she eating enough? Is she pooping enough? You never stop worrying as a mother, do you?

Aww Man that jaundice is worrying isn't it... thank heavens our babies are over it now.

I luv I feel the same way.. and Cgav you summed it up perfectly my fellow rainbow waver! I miss feeling his hiccups inside me... but now I can see them skin side and that is a million times better! ... Oooo but you worry about a whole new set of things don't you! Leo had a rash last night and I was convinced that he had chicken pox so off Hubby went to the Drs... he had a full health check and he is in perfect health... just a lil heat rash lol.

Congrats to everyone the babies are so adorable! Sorry I've been Mia!! I've been getting used to the three little guys!

I don't miss being pregnant but do miss feeling his movements. We plan on having one more baby and the thought of going through the journey again is frightening but exciting at the same time. It does get me sad that the next time we take a pregnancy test or make an announcement that it'll be the last time. I think it's sad for many reasons. The main one is that I can't believe how fast life is going. As I watch my boys grow I long for a pause button to stop time for just a little while.

I hope you're all enjoying your little ones;-). Anyone else plan on anymore babies any time soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->