May 2013 Babies

Hope you're all well ladies. Xx

Just checking in. Off to bed after this next feed.

Here's hoping for a bit more sleep thank at night. She's just so awake at night!! Can't wait until she's a bit bigger and we can entertain her in the day to try and sort her days and nights out.

1-2 cm and real thin. Little bugger was not moving much for the NST so they had to buzz my belly again. Had a huge contraction peak at 80 on the monitor!!! Holy painful!! Induction scheduled for Monday May 13th at 7:30. Everything is ready but boy I am suddenly real scared!

Sorry for the delay, here is Colton's birth story!

On Sunday early morning I had terrible contractions. I was timing them and they were one minute long and five minutes apart. They started at 1am but never got closer together. At 5am I decided to get up and get dressed to go to the hospital. Very curiously the contractions, which had me writhing in my bed, stopped. No more signs of labor. I was pretty upset, and a little scared because if that WASN'T labor, how bad would labor be? We went to a parade, and I walked a fair distance and stood the whole time. Still no more signs of imminent labor. Every time I went to the loo I checked for bloody show or losing my plug. Nothing. By some miracle I went to bed early, and managed to fall right to a very good, deep sleep.

At 4:30am, I woke with a very painful tightening in my stomach. I figured I just needed to pee, as that had been a very familiar feeling at just the same time every morning for the last week or so. I went pee, then had a VERY strong contraction. I made note of the time, flushed and walked back to bed. I didn't even make it to the bed and another one came on. I couldn't breathe, couldn't move. Just held the bed and tippy-toed through it. After it passed I went back to the loo to try to pee again, look for show, and generally to figure out what on earth just happened. I think my hind waters broke at that point because I sort of "leaked" into the toilet, it wasn't urine as I had just went. I went back and forth between trying to go back to bed and going back to sit on the toilet to try to have a BM (maybe it was that again?) but finally at 5am I started timing them with my phone app. One minute apart! DH got up at this point to wake my mom and get ready to go to the hospital. I was trying to hold out until 5:30am as that is when the neighbor would be waking and said she could watch DD for us. At 5:20am I sent DH over to the neighbor's house with DD even though it was early because I simply couldn't take it anymore. At 5:30am we rushed to the hospital. The car ride was one long 7 minute contraction. The main entrance was closed so we had to use the emergency entrance, but DH accidentally dropped me off at the Ambulance entrance, so I had to walk to the ER entrance. One very rushed wheelchair ride later, I was in L&D. The nurse started checking me into the computer system, and it was the most aggravating thing in the world to be asked question after question after question, having to answer in between contractions and not being able to focus on mentally controlling the pain. In the end I was laying in the bed screaming through every contraction. I was very self-conscious of the fact I was screaming. I hated it. I was already 7cm dialated, but they still called the anesthesiologist to come give me an epidural. THANK GOD. I was really struggling by then. Even after the epidural I continued to feel the contractions enough to have to yell through them, although they were significantly dulled in between.
Colton was born at 8:36am after only 5 pushes. He had the cord wrapped around his neck twice, but he was just fine. It was 4 hours from the first contraction to the last, and I was basically in transition the entire time without any build up. Despite laboring down as much as possible I still ended up tearing up the same scar line I had torn with DD. But despite it all we are both doing great. :)

Tomorrow is D-DAY!!! OMG I'm freaking out!!! On edge about every thing.... But so excited to see him!

Good luck ILuv.

I am still waitin for my rainbow. 9 days overdue now with one failed membrane sweep (cervix still quite high and thick) on Saturday. Another sweep booked for tomorrow and then If things still aren't moving induction on Thursday. Starting to feel rather down about the whole thing. DD arrived naturally and on time so really hoping this one makes a move before Thursday.

Awesome story mighty!!

Lots of luck Kelly!

I hope your little one comes soon storm!!!

Sorry I have been Mia, haven't been logging on as much. We are good adjusting to life with all three boys. Must admit its been a challenge with my 3 year old but we are getting there lol. Baby seems to have a clogged tear duct at the moment. Gonna give it one more day and if it doesn't clear I'm going to bring him into the doctor. Poor little guy! Well I hope all you ladies are doing well!

Good luck today ILuv!!

Storm: I hope he gets into position and starts things before Thursday!

Courtney: How do you know if a baby has a clogged tear duct?

The eye gets mucus around it and it becomes very watery. The mucus is usually yellowish in color and builds up on sides of eye..almost looks like pink eye minus the pink lol. My eldest son had it as an infant and they gave me antibiotic drops to treat it.

Hi ladies, sorry I've been off the radar, I was busy having a baby!!

on Tues 7 May, I woke to a contraction at about 7am, carried on getting them irregularly throughout the day, they weren't too painful and I just practised my breathing through them. I went to the hospital in the afternoon for my final antenatal class, asked the midwifes advice as the contractions were still very irregular but getting stronger during the class. Midwife told me to stay on after so they could monitor me, I had a few contractions and was 1cm dilated, so they sent me home to get some rest.
Contractions carried on getting stronger and more regular, by 11pm they were starting to get really painful. Then at 4am I woke up hubby as I couldn't concentrate on timing them. He made them 1 minute in length every 5mins, so we rang the hospital and off we went.
Got there at 4.30am and was put on the monitor and examined, I was 4cm and midwife asked what i wanted to do, have an epidural, have a bath, or go to my room. I decided to go to my room and have a shower, then go back to the midwife at 7am. So I mananged my contractions until 7, I was so proud of myself, I stayed absolutely calm and didn't even scream, just walked about through each one. 7am, I went back to the delivery room, I was 7cm, thought to myself OK, that's enough and had a mobile epidural, which was amazing! I could still feel every contraction and could still move about, just no pain!
Anyway, 5 hours later at 12.12pm on 8 May, little Jack Arthur was born weighing 2.855kg and measuring 50cm. We are absolutely thrilled.
So far he feeds well and sleeps well and he is a joy.

Congrats to those who have your rainbows and best of luck to those still waiting.

And most importantly, a massive thank you to all of you for your kindness and support over the past 9 months, it's been an amazing journey and I couldn't have done it without my BnB girls. (darn hormones, typing that just made me cry!)

Attachments

• jack 491.jpg
    jack 491.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
Congrats!!!!! He's beautiful. Reading it made me Cry lol the hormones truly make us emotional messes!!

Nothing but a lifetime of happiness with your precious little one!

Hehe, now you made me cry too! Is this what I'll be like from now on? I used to be so strong! :haha:

Thank you Court xx

Soooo sorry ladies!!! Been super busy with the kids and everything!! :) we have no fam or friends near us so at just been us!

Well I still don't have time to put my story but I promise I will when I can!! Just wanted to stop
By real quick!!
Omg congrats everyone that has had your babies so far!!! Omg we need a new thread!!!

Your babies are sooooo cute!!!!! :D

I promise I will be back!

Lol yes! Kids will make you a weeping mess. I cry at the drop of a hat now lol. Thinking that the baby is 3 weeks today gets me teary eyed or that my 3 year old will be finishing another year or pre school on Thursday and that my eldest will be in second grade soon. I can go on and on, wish I had a pause button to stop time and another to bring back my not so teary eyed 20 year old self lol.

Seriously though enjoy every single moment bc it truly goes by in the blink of an eye. I remember bringing my 7 year old home from the hospital like it was yesterday, hard to believe that was 7 years and two children later.

We really should start another thread or find a better way to keep in touch with each other. I don't really log on here too much and want to keep I touch with you lovely ladies as you all truly helped me through the last mine months. Especially given all my health problems I encountered along this journey, you all will remain in a special part of my heart <3

Yay! Congrats on the new babies!!!! Tour, ours have the same birth day. :flower: Our little miracle was born by csection with the cord round his neck on the 8th at 1:10pm, weighing in at 3.53kg. He was very blue when he came out but wow what a set of lungs on him as he came out! He also scored 9 & then 10 on his apgar scores. :happydance: He's absolutely perfect & I still can't believe he's real. I've had that 'my cup runeth over' feeling since he arrived. :cloud9:

image.jpg

Beautiful manuti!!! Must've been scary to see the cord wrapped around his neck, thank god he's ok:). Congrats!

Manu he's gorgeous and so precious!! So happy your c section went well! :hugs:

Tour awwww how cute is your baby????!!!!! Adorable!!! Big congrats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->