*** May Babies ***

haha - I'm addicted to celeb big bro, i cant help myself. He was really sweet last night with Davina and hugging Stephanie so I'll let you off ;) god i am sad.

I just want to go home and do nothing, i've been soooo unproductive at work. I agree lets call it lazy friday! x

I got the afternoon off :happydance: Leaving at 2.20 :D And getting my hair cut too, it's in desperate need of a pair of scissors :lol: I haven't had it cut since December 2008, I'm terrified of hairdressers so dreading it a bit.. Should I get a full fringe? Hmm hmm hmm!

dont be afraid of hairdressers!!! i let mine do what ever he wants to my hair, i have the view that it will just grow back :) but that might be because i trained as a hair dresser back in college lol i tend to leave it 6 months between cuts too which is so so so naughty lol

I had half my hair burned off with bleach by a hairdresser when I was 16 and ended up in hospital getting treated for burns, I'm really really lucky it grew back! :( That's why I hateee going, I know it's obviously not going to happen again (especially as I intend to stay dark to avoid it :lol:) but I still always freak thinking something awful is going to happen! Can't decide what I want at all!

I had a fringe cut last year - its great if you want a dramatic new look but annoying becasue you keep having to go back to get it trimmed #-o! see how you feel when you get there, thats what i do. and then sit back and enjoy being pampered xxx

ouch thats not good katie, i can see why ur scared of going now, just ask ya hairdresser what she thinks to a fringe :) it is high maintenance tho if u wanna keep it how they cut it, luckily i can look after mine on my own and tend to cut mine in myself when i fancy one.

apparently it was snowing in chester! only for a bit but it was snowing, oh god not again!

Keep the snow in Chester :) I cant face anymore snow. its tooo cold already :cold::cold: :D My OH keeps saying i should be warm as i have an internal hot water bottle! I'm permanently freezing though, unless I drink lots of cups of tea (good excuse) :coffee: xxx

Oooh Jolou I've been following BB too.....mush to DH's disgust! How orange is that Alex? Ridiculous. Jonas is such a sweetie isn't he, deserves better than that little floozy Kat.

Babyhope - congrats on team blue, yay!

Well my little fella has been moving around like mad and kicking lots at night. In fact he must be stretching or moving across me sometimes which feels so weird, like rolling in my tummy. Makes me feel icky to be honest., like I'm on a rollercoaster!

Loving my 6ft long sausage pillow at night which takes up most of our kingsize bed! Poor Dh doesn't get a look in....:haha:

As for seeing my MW, well I haven't heard from her for dust! Last saw her at 16 weeks and that was it. Rang and left 3 messages this week and still waiting to hear. Want to hear bubba's heartbeat again and get my forms sorted.....seems to long inbetween appts.

Insomnimama -it's so exciting getting a birth date now isn't it. I'm booked in for my section on May 2nd, 13 weeks on Sunday....and counting. Can't wait to meet my little boy.:cloud9:

Logan - I've got a new asthma inhaler called Beclometasone (brown puffer) and it's definitely helping with my wheezing at night. What a relief.

For any of you ladies thinking about a double buggy, my friend has recommended the Baby Jogger City.....check out the Twins Store website, they seem to have a lot of choice.

that does seem rather long between appointments mojo.

yeaaaahhhh alex does seem very orange, too orange for my liking and ive gone completely off vinnie, i think he is a big mardy bum if things dont go his way, dont think its done him much favours going in there, ohh and dane i do like dane, i had a crush on him back in the days of another level lol

Afternoon ladies!

How is everyones days going? Im currently sat at the computer just avoiding doing everything I should be doing! Think wagamamas for dinner tho yay! Just a quick question are you allowed to dance while being pregnant? I havent done much since falling pregnancy due to being ill but have just found a load of old songs on computer and feel some inspiration to dance again!

Mojo that is a long gap inbetween appointments, surely she should have seen you more.

x x x

I forgot to mention when I went to the doctors on Wednesday that he said he will see me in 2 weeks! I can't believe I am on 2 week appointments now, I keep thinking "WOW! I remember the two week appointments being late in pregnancy" I am happy I will get to see baby more as he does a scan at every appointment...but also dread being weighed every 2 weeks:haha:

Maybe I shouldnt have danced! I ache so much now!

hahaha maybe it should be light dancing ;)

ahhh babyhope at the 2 week appointment mark already! yay. not sure when mine starts i think its march time

I have an appointment in three weeks and then I think every two weeks after that. Cant believe how quickly time is going!

Ohh, dancing. OH is taking me to nightclub tomorrow evening :happydance:
Oh Happy Day:winkwink:

I'm still seeing mw after every 4 weeks. Maybe next time will go after 3 weeks.

MartaMi I guess you're asking why I had my second c-section...

The first one I had as an emergency because there was meconium in the fluid & the baby wasn't descending or turning properly after more than 24 hours of labour. I didn't find recovery particularly taxing other than being exhausted from being awake for so long during labour.

The second time I had a choice- my doctor presented the risks associated with both vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean) and c-section. They are infintesimally more weighted toward preserving the life of the baby in one case and the mother in the other, though in both cases mortality of mother and/or baby is extremely rare. Where the risk of non-fatal complications was higher was in the case of vbac, and I made my choice on that basis, and also the basis that it is one thing to have a c-section, but it is quite another to put your body through one after a very long labour. That and the fact that during my pregnancy, I acted as my friend's labour coach. She insisted on a vaginal birth and she was subjected to things I was never told about in birth clases :rofl: including the nurse digging around her anus for poo whilst she was trying to push, and the doctor eventually cutting her vagina open with a GIANT PAIR OF SCISSORS (which is standard pratice but they don't tell you that). I was horrified. After all that her poor baby was deprived of oxygen because the pushing phase was too long (5 hours) and had to spend ten days in the NICU during which he had repeated seizures / stopped breathing- at this point he seems fine so far (except for night terrors / poor sleeping patterns) but he will have to be monitored for brain damage until the age of three. Also the way in which she was sewn up left her with problems with peeing, sex, and peeing during sex.

So after all that a scheduled c-section seemed, well, civilized. :rofl: And it was. I had no incision pain whatsoever and didn't have to take so much as a Tylenol after my surgery. I was up and walking around within hours. And no Frankenvulva, as another episiotomy surviving friend refers to hers.

And as it turns out, my second had a very short cord and what little cord there was was wrapped around his neck, which would have led to another emergency C-section anyway.

For this baby I wasn't given an option. Two strikes (c-sections) and you're out of the vaginal birthing game.

ps. the above is not meant to scare anyone- my friend's experience was not typical, it's just that when one is three months pregnant and trying to decide between a vbac and a scheduled section, you can see how experiencing it up close and in person might make one lean towards another C-section, no?

It snowed here today too Jo, only for about 20 minutes though!
I got the fringe, not sure how i feel about it though.. hopefully it'll grow on me :lol: Has anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend? I haven't!
Just had a takeaway with my Mum, brother and Vinny.. going shopping tomorrow, and my Nan and Grandad are coming over from Trelogan on Sunday! And it'll be Monday again before I know it :dohh:

Insomnimama - I'm with you 100%. This will be my 2nd elective section and I too did not even consider a vbac despite my MW wanting me to talk it through.

You do hear some horror stories about both sections and natural births, and as you say there are certain details that they don't tell you about as it's probably enough to put some people off getting pregnant in the first place!

My section was wonderful with my DD and recovery good. And she came out with a beautiful shaped head. Two of my friends had long labours (1 had a ventousse) and both babies had heads that were a bit squished and odd shapes. Of course they went back to normal but I was quite shocked when I heard about it.

That said, I also have two other friends who both had 5 hour labours with natural deliveries purely on gas and air alone......no other drugs. Amazing! So it just goes to show everyone's experience is different.....

No matter what we go through though, once we hold our babies' in our arms, all the unpleasant stuff is forgotten and it's overwhelming joy from that moment on :happydance:

that does seem rather long between appointments mojo.

yeaaaahhhh alex does seem very orange, too orange for my liking and ive gone completely off vinnie, i think he is a big mardy bum if things dont go his way, dont think its done him much favours going in there, ohh and dane i do like dane, i had a crush on him back in the days of another level lol

Agreed. Vinnie has been really bitchy for a grown man and very moody too. God only knows why they all hero-worship him, too terrified to cross him more like.

Another level....that takes me back!! I like Dane too, he gets my vote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->