*** May Babies ***

Don't they have maternity pay in America?

Most places I know of DO NOT have maternity pay here... unless you work for a super big awesome company. I work for one of the largest school districts in the country... but we get nothing... Of course - school districts aren't fortune 500 companys... but still... we have THOUSANDS of employees!

I don't know ANYONE that has EVER collected a dime while on maternity leave (unless they manage to collect partial pay while on disability).... but we ARE entitled to 12 weeks leave, where they guarentee you your job back... and most places will continue to pay your health insurance during that time... but any out-of-pocket expenses are still your problem!

USA sucks as far as maternity goes. I want to move to Canada every time I have a baby!

morning!

how is everyone feeling? my boobs are so so sore at night atm i cant put a t-shirt on for about 15 min aftr taking my bra off! they must be on a growth spurt again or something lol. busy day yesterday picking up step dad from hospital which would be fine if it was actually in chester but its not lol its a 45 min drive which is tiring when ive already drove half an hour to pick my mum first. got in about half 8 at night, was in bed by 10!! what a lightweight lol

My sister and her boyfriend suprised me yesterday, i had been talking about those pink lining changing bags and how pretty they are and how i was looking on ebay for a cheaper one, used if needs be. i get into my mums (sis lives with her) and she tells me to look at the pink lining website she had up and what colour do i prefer... they are buying me one!!! i thought she ment for xmas as they are expensive and she said "if u want it for that u can but i was just gonna buy it it you cos i know u want it" i have no idea whats gotten into her but right now i think she is the best sister ever lol!!

Between no maternity pay and needing health insurance it must be really tough being pregnant over there. :hugs:

awww jolou that's so cool sweetie =) I am happy for you, she loves you ....My sisters been all excited too, shes already talking about what she wants to do for my baby shower heehee Shes giving me her baby nursery set, she got 2 of them and ones just been at their vacation house sitting there never used. I love her sets they are just what I wanted so I am way excited about getting that. (changing table, crib that converts as they grow, matching trash bin, and other little things that go with the set..)

One more day and I hit 13w, YAY!!!!

hi i think i am officially in 2nd tri now tho it is rather confusing! lol! would have thought i would know 4 sure as this is my 2nd pregnancy but hey!

This is what I keep reading all over....
1-13 is 1st trimester
14-26 is second trimester
27-40 is 3rd trimester

The most common trimesters breakdown used for the 9 months of pregnancy:
First Trimester ends 13 weeks + 3 days ~ Second Trimester ends 26 weeks + 6 day

I still think week 13 is 3 months LMAO it is confusing LMAO

thanks shawnie so really i shouldnt be here 4 a few days! lol!

Between no maternity pay and needing health insurance it must be really tough being pregnant over there. :hugs:

LUCKILY I do have health insurance! But yeah - the no maternity pay really bites. Thats why I always try to plan my babies for summer time, when I am out of work for a couple months anyhow!

Hi ladies, soo jealous you're all over here! :lol: Just had to sneak over to have a look 'cause I'm nosy. I'll be seeing you all in two weeks though :happydance: Can't believe it's soo soon! xxx

I'm with Katie_xx I just thought I'd peek in as i still have ONE more week!

woohoo i'm finally here well kinda if it is 13 wks lol. should hav been here yesterday but i don't know how they worked my due date out as i had my scan when i was 10 + 5 so i'm actaully 13 + 1 but when i did my ticke with my due date puts me a day beind either way it's only a day so i'm not to bothered lol. either way i'm here now :)

yay! welcome to 2nd tri :)

I ended up watching most haunted live last night but on living +2 so didnt drag myself to bed till 2am!! then sophie came in to our room at some ungodly hour and was very veryt alkative..my eyes are stinging like mad! we ment to be going for a walk along the coast later this afternoon but i dont know if my energy will get that far lol. Other than bein tired i dont feel very pregnant at all at tho mo..bar the sore boobs at night.

ohhhhhhhh ive gone up a box on my ticker!!

hi all hope u r all well! i am finally thinking that i may be seeing the back of morning sickness, tho still tired. jolou i also have really sore boobs! is not nice. i have milk in them 2, probably coz i only stopped breastfeeding about 5months b4 getting pregnant and it never really went away altogether!

morning! yea i think my morning sickness may be subsiding wooohooo, tho i do seem to be constipated :S so been eating anything that is ment to help! i guess the 4 bananas i had yesterday wont help... lol. Are they leaking maybebaby? I didnt like that part of pregnancy first time around, i didnt expect it to happen and i was sat at my mums and my sister found it funny... she can be a right mean thing lol

Today is ment to be my housework day since OH and daughter is out the house but so far all ive done it run the water to wash the breakfast dishes.... i neeeeed motivation!!

oo and totally off topic only 2 sleeps to go till i see backstreet boys!!! wooohooo yes you might be thinking either who? or are they stil around? lol oh i cant wait so excited!!

figured i would start a list of due dates for 2nd tri, il try and update them as more move over but im rubbish with remembering due dates so just post with your due date if i havent got it on there or its wrong :) I ve copied it from 1st tri but just took off those who havent posted here yet or not in 2nd tri yet.

May babies due dates :flower:

May 1st
Pixie81
LogansMama
lily123

May 2nd
lilhoppy86
Mrs A

May 3rd

May 4th
RedRose

May 5th
jolou

May 6th
bexxie

May 7th
Wellington
maybebaby
Mrs RC

May 8th
shawnie
clogsy90

May 9th
hope&faith09

May 10th
OmiOmen
bright eyes

May 11th

May 12th
Keyyey30

May 13th

May 14th
babyhope

May 15th

May 16th

May 17th

May 18th

May 19th

May 20th

May 21st

May 22nd

May 23rd

May 24th

May 25th

May 26th

May 27th

May 28th

May 29th

May 30th

May 31st

hmmmm just had my letter from the docs saying i can go for the swine flu vaccine... i dunno what to do about it at all, its all very confusing. :s are any of you going to have it? im leaning towards a yes but im still not sure, i have a few weeks to decide yet anyway, the dates go into the 1st week of december.

Hello! I'm now in the 2nd tri! Can you add me to the list?!

A
x

Morning ladies, I think i can officially join you in second tri now!

I think I am seeing the back of morning sickness it just seems to be brought on if i get really stressed so today isnt such a good day!

As for the swine flu vaccine I have no idea what to do coz we dont know the affects it will have on the baby, but then what happens if I get swine flu and am really poorly. Its really hard to decide what to do!

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->