*** May Babies ***

i would give them a ring and try and reserve it hon, rather than waiting in case they run out. you don't want to miss it!!

i am nowhere near buying nursery furniture, ha. i'm not really even looking. i'm going to look once i've painted the room or i'll be gutted about the deals i'm missing out on!!

well we have a back up cot just incase, the best thing about this baby plan is i dont have to pay it all out now, as long as its paid for by the delivery date they hold it for. Im wanting to use the HiP grant for it, which reminds me il have to phone the docs soon so i can get the forms sent off next week, ive heard it can take a while to come through!

just want to get the cot sorted as its the last thing i need to get thats realllly needed, after that its just the little tit bits like bedding and monitors...altho the size of this house im not sure we need a monitor lol only way it will be handy is in the summer as we tend to have bbq's.

oh lord i must be bored im watching celebrity big bro live....

oh good grief you poor thing!! ha. i hate BB :D the first couple were ok but now... have avoided it for years :D

i keep forgetting about a baby monitor. my best mate recommended a BT one. she's had a few that went defunkt but she says this one is really good.

i think i had a tommee tippee one for sophie nothing great did its job, a friend of marks has told him about the angel sound one which i dont want to get, its that one with the mat underneath that detects if baby doesnt move or stops breathing or something? i know mark would get paranoid with it, as would i, i did ok with sophie, tho i did keep checking her every time i woke up lol.

i have not watched any of this series at all for a start i dont class most of them as celebs...i mean come on that heidi woman who was a prostitute or something?? who?? and that bloody alex someone or other who went out with jorden..how is he a celeb!

ha. i know. it's just daft!!

i have seen those ones with movement mats. i considered it but i reckoned i would have panic attacks all the time. however, i don't know how i'm going to stop myself doing that anyways. i'm already nervy and she's not even here yet!! ha.

thats why i said i dont want to buy one! it would eb a waste of money cos i know il be up every hour checking myself lol

i think its gonna be funny seeing mark with a newborn, when we got together sophie was about to turn 3 so he has noooo idea at all and he can be the biggest worrier of all. Ive said i cant wait to see him do a pooey nappy as he is such a hygiene freak, (i know its not a bad thing but he takes it to extremes, im sure its slight ocd), he commented it will be fine he did sophies....erm nooo he didnt, by that point she was only wearing them to bed just incase of accidents there was no poo there! only wee now and again, oh i cant wait!

ha. well thomas has never had anything to do with babies. he's held my best mate's (his soon to be godson) once or twice, and has witnessed perhaps one pooey nappy. but that's it. he's terrified he's going to mess up but i pointed out that you learn fast because you have to :) i'm hoping it's true because i'm only slightly less clueless!!

Well I'm ashamed to say I've been watching BB and am now addicted. Terrible I know and my DH is not impressed! I'm putting it down to hormones and boredom. It's not that I haven't got loads to do, just feel very lazy most days.

I find I am sleeping well once I get to sleep although I do get leg twitches too! The problem is DH really does snore badly, especially after a beer or 2 and drives me mad! He takes sudafed sometimes and that seems to help but
if it gets too bad, he's banished to the spare room.:haha:

Joulou, 2 quick questions, firstly what is this Hip grant and how do we get it? Secondly when did you potty train Sophie? I'm think of starting with DD who will be 2 in Feb...too early perhaps or not a bad thing?

Not sure who asked about monitors but we use the BT one and it's great, of course you can get video ones now too but I'd be watching her sleep all night!

We bought a crib for the new bubba at the w/e from John Lewis which is lovely and a BabyDan bed guard for my DD for when she moves into her big bed. There's alot of kit to buy for babies....it's where all my money goes!

Just back from Tescos and seen the family size pack of snickers I've bought are out of date. Grrrr....so annoying! Really fancy one too....:growlmad:

Good luck to all of you with scans, be good to hear what you're all having. We still can't agree on boys names.....much more difficult than girls I think.

ooh you've really got me wanting chocolate now!! i spotted a box at the other end of the office. i may have to go and raid it :D

Ahh i cant stop eating! ... baby monitor should add that to my list so far we have only really bought clothes, a rocker, a moses basket and a few toys. Altho pretty certain we are either going for the I candy cherry with maxi cosi or the mamas and papas luna with the primo viaggio car seat! And my mum is going to order the Elizabeth cotbed from John Lewis as she has offered to buy it for us!

I should really write a list of things I need!

To-morrow! Tomorrow! I love ya! Tomorrow! You're only a day a---way!

SCAN TOMORROW! Who else is with me?

So tired :sleep:
Had to tell my class about my pregnancy today. They were bit shocked but really happy. They are worried, because they don't want a new teacher :haha: Anyway, they'll graduate middle school this year and I'm really sad because I can't be with them then. I hope everything is okey with me and baby in June because then is their graduation and I want to be there.

2 those having scans - i hope u have a happy experience!!!

i am off sick this week as i have had killer headaches and as am a teacher i can't cope with kids and noise when i feel like this! dr gave me whole week off. am much better 2day so am trying 2 sort stuff out but not ended up doing much this afternoon as my mum took the kids 4 the afternoon so i sat on the sofa and fell asleep and just woke up. don't know what 2 cook 4 dinner. can't really go out2morissons as am signed off sick so some1 may see me. will have 2 raid the freezer but don't think there's much in there either. may have 2 b pasta.

oh shit. thomas's work has decided it isn't going to open until next week at the earliest. so no pay for him then. this is getting rather desperate...

on the up side my boss says if this place is still around when i come back (this section of the company isn't doing fantastically well) i can come back and do the evening and weekend shifts part time so that thomas would be able to look after the baby whilst i was working. so that's something at least. i would just have to work out whether we would be better off or not. my salary is so crap due to company's situation that it may not be worth it...

abz how do childcare tax credits etc work over there? i won't be able 2 work at 1st when we move as will have 3 under 5's so am worried about making ends meet when we have been used 2 2 good pays!!!

i need to investigate this further myself hon. but everyone gets child benefit of about £20 a week i think. then you get child tax credit. i think that is income assessed. and then depending on the income of your OH you may be able to get working tax credit. i need to ring them up and find out what i will be entitled to. i'm not sure how it works when i go on maternity pay as obviously my salary will plummet so i'm hoping we'll be allowed some of that...

abz xx

it's such a nightmare trying 2 sort things out this end! oh is flying over on sunday so hopefully he can find out some facts and most importantly secure an address as u cant do anything without that!!! it's going 2 be strange not working. i'm hoping 2 b able to set up private flute lessons as a bit of extra income when baby is a bit older. we shall see!

does anybody know if you can get working tax credits based on the fact that your current income has vanished?

all i know is that all of the whole tax thing is FAR too complicated! lol!

To-morrow! Tomorrow! I love ya! Tomorrow! You're only a day a---way!

SCAN TOMORROW! Who else is with me?
aww thats wonderful lady. You gonna find out the gender? I go today to set up my monthly sono so not sure what day that will be yet. I know it will be soon since thy want one before my doc appointment on the 20th. I can't wait to see pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->