*** May Babies ***

The jobcentre will just tell you to call inland revenue about tax credits :) I think they're soo confusing, been reading the guidance today and couldn't make any sense of it at all!
Had my 20 week scan today, all went well except the right kidney was dilated- measured 10mm rather than 5mm due to excess fluid. Having a scan by a consultant on Tuesday to find out more, but hopefully nothing to worry too much about :)

The jobcentre will just tell you to call inland revenue about tax credits :) I think they're soo confusing, been reading the guidance today and couldn't make any sense of it at all!
Had my 20 week scan today, all went well except the right kidney was dilated- measured 10mm rather than 5mm due to excess fluid. Having a scan by a consultant on Tuesday to find out more, but hopefully nothing to worry too much about :)

Hope it goes ok on Tuesday

Not really- it can be a marker for downs, but my bloods came back at 1:2400 so that's really unlikely! It could be a problem with a valve or something. They wouldn't tell us that much to be honest, I'm trying not to get too worried though. My family nurse/midwife said she's seen it quite a lot and it's only been something serious like twice.

yea best not to get too worked up or worried about it, at least they getting you seen quickly by the consultant.

logan - is it you that suffers badly with asthma? It's just that I have been so wheezy lately and struggling for breathe it's not good. Taking my ventolin which is helping but feeling very squished and puffed out more often now and a bit worried.

Yea - thats me! Its awful right? I struggle to breathe all the time - ESPECIALLY after I eat and feel full. Its hard enough to breathe with just baby in there taking up space - but then add a full belly to the mix and its horrible! The inhaler does give me some relief- but not much. I go back to the Pulmonary Doctor next Monday for a check-up. You may want to do the same thing - to see if they can help you at all. Mine has me on a daily medicine (pulmicort) in addition to my regular inhaler (albuterol - which I believe IS ventolin?) The pulmicort is a preventitive medicine - rather than a fast-acting inhaler. It won't STOP an attack once one has started like the albuterol will.

Anyhow - I know how you feel. In a few months we should be back to normal! Will we last that long??

im due may 25! im having a little boy, this is my 3rd child. i have a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy.

i dont get why these things have to be soooo complicated! you see adverts telling us to claim credits wea re entitled to but they dont half make it hard!

i would say when you come over after baby is born goto maybe citizens advice or the job centre and they can advise you on what you are actually entitled to. i dont think the websites are much use, tho they do have an online calculator on the tax credit website. have you looked in the forum about work and finance on here?

i had a look on the inland revenue website but it all seems so complicated.:dohh: the only thing i really understood was the money u get per child that isn't means tested! i am hoping that hubby will b able 2 find out some more info when he goes over next week.

i had similar thing with my daughter 2 do with the kidney but all was ok in the end. in the next scan all was normal.

im due may 25! im having a little boy, this is my 3rd child. i have a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy.

welcome tink3! i am also pregnant with my 3rd. have a 4 yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl and am having another boy this time. :thumbup:

logan - is it you that suffers badly with asthma? It's just that I have been so wheezy lately and struggling for breathe it's not good. Taking my ventolin which is helping but feeling very squished and puffed out more often now and a bit worried.

Yea - thats me! Its awful right? I struggle to breathe all the time - ESPECIALLY after I eat and feel full. Its hard enough to breathe with just baby in there taking up space - but then add a full belly to the mix and its horrible! The inhaler does give me some relief- but not much. I go back to the Pulmonary Doctor next Monday for a check-up. You may want to do the same thing - to see if they can help you at all. Mine has me on a daily medicine (pulmicort) in addition to my regular inhaler (albuterol - which I believe IS ventolin?) The pulmicort is a preventitive medicine - rather than a fast-acting inhaler. It won't STOP an attack once one has started like the albuterol will.

Anyhow - I know how you feel. In a few months we should be back to normal! Will we last that long??

I suffer with asthma too, when i was carrying my oldest it got a little worse, when i was carrying my middle son it got worse again, then when i was carrying my youngest it was awful, felt like i lived at the drs was even told i should have been at the hospital a few times. This time around i have been lucky as so far it hasn't played up, i was really worried as drs said i really needed to think about having anymore as i may need a nebuliser at home and several trips to hospital. Well im still worried but things have been a lot different this time. so far so good.

morning ladies and welcome tink :)

ergh didnt sleep well last night at all, my stomach just seemed to ache all night no matter how i lay, just like when you have been to the gym and your muscles ache, i couldnt have pulled anything as i did sod all yesterday lol, maybe it was just lots of wind cos this morning i sounded like a man! sorry if tmi! lol

good luck to those having scans today!

Hi ladies, Have just caught up on all the posts!!!

Moongirl...... No i don't have the i-candy cherry but my sister has just bought it for her baby that is due in June. She has a Ka to so the lady in the shop tested it out in her boot for her! Tbh i haven't seen the size of the carrycot but she hasn't said anything to me about the size, next time i see her i will ask for her opinions!! I've had the i-candy peach blossom twin, very very excited!!!!!

Katie.... i'm glad you've got another scan to double check, fingers crossed it will be fine xx

Good luck to all those ladies with scans today!!!!!!

Well yesterday i had a fall and ended up being at hospital for the majority of the day. I slipped on the snow on my drive, which is on a slope and skidded all the way down to the bottom on my side. Had incredible tummy and side pains so they had me in to monitor the babies. Had an emergency scan and both girlies look fine with lovely strong heartbeats, my fluid levels were stable and remained stable for the monitiring time so overall i escape lightly. Am still waiting to hear if i have to go back in today for an anti-d injection, so will have to wait and see. My poor back and side and left leg are so sore i feel as if i've done a marathon. Worst of all when i fell i banged my head and have hurt all of my teeth, think it was the impact but i have the worse teeth ache in the world!!! Not good for a dental nurse! So i'm off work again today (have only been in for one day since 23rd dec) I need to make a gp appt and see him about signing me off. I have never had any experiance of being signed of so am eally unsure of what to say. My mum keeps saying that only i know how i feel and they won't argue with me, but i keep panicing that he will say no i have to carry on and i physically know that i can't do it.

Wow i do go on!!!

xx

good morning everyone. malpal!! you poor thing. i really hope you get to feeling better soon. my experience with docs and sick notes is that if you are in obvious pain and you don't think you can work then they will sign you off without much trouble.

katie, sorry to hear about your scan hon but i've heard lots of accounts of things showing up normally in the next scan. i haven't been offered another scan. my bump's kidney's measured at 6mm and i guess they thought that wasn't important enough to scan again, although they think it important enough to scan the baby when it's born and is 4-6 weeks old :S surely it would be better to check earlier whether things have cleared up??

abz xx

malpal i hope you feel better soon and get signed off so you get some rest!

When is people seeing their MW next? mine is the 1st march after i have had the glucose tolerance test, seems like ages away...

Insomnimama- I have my scan too! My OH is working so I have to bring Aubrey ( 8 months) with me... I hope they don't have a problem with this... and I hope she's not cranky since she decided to wake up at 5am this morning :(

hey honey. i would ring them and check as they may not let you get scanned if you have a baby with you. i know they won't let you at our hospital. if you can't find a babysitter they won't let you in.

abz xx

so jolou. want to help me out with these donuts then? hee. they're looking at me :p

oh, and i'm next seeing my mw a couple of days before i hit 25 weeks on the 5th feb.

really abz you have made me crave something from the bloomin bakery! haha but im way too lazy to park in town today.

maybe im not seeing mw again till march cos i seen the consultant this week, but they only checked my bp and bubs heartbeat, i took a wee sample with me but they didnt want it... i could have done with them checking it tho, im forever needing the loo but hardly anything comes out, and im wondering if these little pains ive had last night and today are because of it.. think i might phone docs in morning if its the same, not that they will see me u gotta know u want an appt a week in advanced lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->