*** May Babies ***

Logan - interesting you take a preventative inhaler as well as ventolin. My DH (who also gets asthma) said I should be taking both as well. So I need to check at the docs and see what they say. Shady - mine isn't as bad as yours sounds you poor thing but glad for you it's not as bad with this pregnancy.

Jolou - thanks for the tips. I have pull-ups for DD, we call them 'special pants' which she's very chuffed about! Had a pretty disastrous 1st attempt
the other day when she wee'd indiscriminately all over our lounge. I wouldn't have minded but she didn't even seem bothered by it or stop to ask or sit on the potty - just kept running around. Of course she'd sat on it numerous times throughout the day and did absolutely nothing! Will persevere with it next week and see how we get on.

Think they make all these tax credits so complicated to apply for as a deterrent so people give up! Didn't know about child tax credit either so wonder if I can still make enquires for DD..?

Malpal - you poor thing, hope you're not too bruised and battered. So dangerous to slip on ice. Speak to your doc and I'm sure you'll get signed off. This is such an important time for not only your health but that of your babies so you need to rest and taked it easy. If your employer has insurance you may be able to claim money for being signed off sick. I did with my first pregnancy - I was signed off for 7 months!

Katy - I'm sure everything will be fine with your bubba, hope you get some questions answered at your follow-up.

Frufru - congrats on team pink!

DH and I are going for swine flu jabs on Sat - anyone else had it? Any side effects?

Well I'm sorry to say my MS is back with a vengeance, mainly in the evening so eating is very limited again. I'll spare you the details as it's gross but if you've seen The Exorcist.....you get the idea!!:rofl:

Baby is kicking for England...gonna be a footballer I reckon!

Congrats on the scans ladies! And congrats on your little pink bundle Frufru! Sorry the other ladies didn't get to see!

BabeeAngel - the video was FAST so it was hard to see anything except an adorable little profile.... but I did not see any boy bits... so maybe its another girl? Hard to say though! All I know is that with both my boys it was VERY obvious - even on a quick pass over!

Hello ladies. I am pleased to say that my scan was fantastic today. I am so over the moon I just can't describe how I am feeling. All was perfect. :)

I stayed on :yellow: and was so tempted to change my mind :haha: After the scan my husband said, if you'd have said shall we change our mind in the room then I'd have said yes, let's find out.... but I am actually happy with sticking to our decision. Willpower for once :haha:

Baby widger is slightly big for dates apparently but sonographer said best to be bigger than small.

Congrats on Frufru, insomniamama and babeeangel having great scans too.

Right - now maybe I can relax a bit and start buying things :happydance:

Widger - glad you had a good scan! And I am so impressed by anyone that stays on Team Yellow that has a choice! I could never ever EVER do it. I had trouble just waiting till week 16!

Mojo - I had my swine flu jab weeks ago. (months even maybe?) I didn't have any side effects except a sore arm for a day or two. Nothing to complain about really though. It hurt a lot more and for a lot longer the last time I had to have a steroid shot in the butt for my asthma! LOL.

... as i may need a nebuliser at home and several trips to hospital. Well im still worried but things have been a lot different this time. so far so good.

I have a nebulizer at home. I have to use it periodically - when my asthma gets really bad. I had to get it last pregnancy when I was sooo bad with DS and was hospitalized 2x - (once for 3 days! ) - so I still have it from then. It usually does the trick - but when I try it and it doesn't - thats when I have to go to the ER. (Last time was Thanksgiving morning by ambulance). Luckily - and knock on wood - since I've been on the preventative meds I haven't needed to use the nebulizer.

Congrats on your great scan Widger. And also my props for staying on team yellow. Am still on the fence as to whether I will pursue a private gender scan.

Hope you are feeling better soon Malpal- that sounds like quite a spill!

gratz on scan widger!

mojo it will take a few attempts but she will get there, :) the amount of times sophie was too late telling me i have lost count! she still says now she needs to go as soon as we get into a shop, spend 5 min looking for the loo and she goes "oh i dont think i needed to gooooo"

erin is just not interested in potty training. she says she needs 2 go but it's just so she has an excuse 2 strip off as she sits on the potty and does nothing! has only done a wee once. i think i'll wait til the weather gets warmer! will be easier with less layers! lol! dylan has wet the bed 2 nights in a row, which is strange 4 him and super annoying 4 me in the middle of the night when i have 2 strip the bed and put on a wash!!!

hi everyone. congrats on your scans :D

and congrats on team pink frufru :) sorry you other chaps that wanted a glimpse didn't get one...

well this morning i think i had my first proper hormonal cry at nothing at all (i've had a few for a reason) but this morning i was showing my mum my b-shaped bump and saying surely i must look pregnant, i'm a totally different shape. and thomas said 'the thing i find weird is that there's a top bit and a bottom bit. is that normal?' so i burst into tears saying i wasn't weird and of course i was normal. ha. i was laughing at the same time as he obviously didn't mean it as an offence. he meant did everybody get that. but i couldn't stop crying, even though i was laughing at the same time, and my mum was there and laughing too, but i couldn't stop... *sigh*. cue a huge apology from OH because he'd upset me. and me telling him you have to be careful what you say to pregnant women!! ha. so there we go. my first bawl for a silly reason :D

abz xx

I've heard lots and lots of women saying they have a B shaped bump. So it might not be the most common shape but it's a close second. (BTW most of these B shaped bumps turn into a regular D shaped bump by third tri) :hugs:

aww abz at least you cna blame hormones for the crying :) i know how u feel with the b bump tho mine looks odd on days, i swear to god some days it looks like a p haha today i think tis starting to fill out a lill more tho.

and my typing is disgusting today lol

Maybebaby - that's exactly what my DD does, says she wants to sit on the potty and so we get all ready...and then nothing. They do say it's better to do in the Summer so they can run around in the garden with no nappy on. Oh well, just thought it would be a good idea to do it now and avoid 2 lots of nappies in May!! I'm sure they'll get the hang of it soon (hopefully).

Logan - ouch! You've just reminded me of the morphine injections I had in hospital after my c-section. I swear the midwife used to take a run up and harpoon me in the a*s and boy did they sting! The aftermath was bliss though, woozy heaven :haha:

abz - your hormones are in overdrive, completely natural and if you feel the need to cry then it's good to get it out of your system! Don't worry, I'm a 'B' shape too if it makes you feel any better. Men say things without thinking sometimes and they have no idea how sensitive we are about these things. I told my DH he wouldn't last 5 mins if it was him going through all of this!:rofl:

Widger - well done on your scan, glad all is well.

Awww abz how cute. I can relate to the emotions...

My DP has had to deal with my emotional crys over silly things too good or bad and we both just laugh now. Dp fixed my cake decorator gun out of the blue for me and didn't tell me so when I went to use it and found out it was fixed, I started to cry LMAO He came in asking if I was ok and all I could say was ( threw whimpers and balling) "IIIIMMM happyyyyy" lmao ( the little handle that pushes the filling out was broke and I had to manually do it before. he fixed the spring in it lol)

aww abz the dreaded hormones got u at last!!!

mojo i was hoping that she could be potty trained b4 may 2 but that is not looking at all likely at the moment! oh well. double nappies again! dylan was in nappies when erin was born. i was just hoping 2 keep the cost down!

To you ladies working on potty training with your kids.... I thought Logan would NEVER EVER get it. He's 3 1/2 - and just started pooping on the potty on Christmas day. He is doing great. He has had about 4 accidents during the night since then, but other than that - no problems. He's totally day trained and has been for about a year... When they want to do it - they will! Just be patient! Good Luck. Its a long process!

On the topic of emotional crying- today I cried at work because I couldn't reach something at the top of the cupboard. One of the security guards got it for me, and thought it was the funniest thing ever :blush:
I've had quite a few episodes like that though, I think the fact I'm a bit stressed is probably contributing.. I hope anyway!

:happydance:23 Weeks!!!:happydance:
This week went by slow but I think it is because work and school started and I am feeling so exhausted, that the weeks are starting to drag!

Ugh I am hating my B bump. It is finally starting to look more like a D but there is still a small indent in the middle...which it would fill up faster! I think I still look somewhere between "is she getting fatter or is she pregnant"

I watched some video of when I was pregnant last time at 9 months and I swear I look like a tonka truck! OMG!!! At 9 months I was huge, all stomach but huge!!! I am getting kind of worried now....I am scared of how big I am going to get in the last few months:haha:

Hi all - I'm new to this today but thought I'd say hello as I am due 17th May :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->