*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

No it's not because of that it's because I had a 4th degree tear last time and they don't think it's the safest option letting me give birth naturally, if I end up tearing again it would be hard to put me back together and the risk of me having problems afterwards is quite high, they just said if he doesnt turn him being breech is another reason to c section

Booth, 8 weeks O_O
I can't believe we are all getting there so quickly.

She was breech at my appointment yesterday but MW said they don't worry about it until 37 weeks.

Oh, that makes sense! I think I would rather the section... 4th degree = OUCH!

I had the U/S on my kidneys today. Im not sure what they were hoping to see as its been almost 3 weeks since I was in the hospital with renal colic, and I have had no return of symptoms... anyways the tech was a bit crusty. While I was getting all set up on the stretcher, I told her "I wouldn't object to a sneak peak of baby" WELL. Did I ever get told! "There will be NO images of baby. Here at this hospital we DO NOT expose baby to ANY unnecessary energy." said with an extra snotty voice and a dirty look. When I asked if I could see the images of my kindey, all she said (giving me the same dirty look) was "thats not possible" and then proceded to turn the screen even further away. The thing was, I was in the exact same room as I was for my 20 week scan, and there is a monitor on the wall for patients to view the scan. All she would have had to do was turn it on. at any rate. She wouldn't tell me anything, so I guess I will get my answers (if they even found any) when I see my dr on tuesday...

I feel like I haven't gotten an US in FOREVER (since 18 weeks) I am so excited that I am getting one on Monday!

I am surprised by how many of us have breech babies. I will be very shocked if mine is breech because I am almost certain he is head down from what I've been feeling. Kicks are high up and hiccups are very low. We shall see, it should be like night and day seeing him since my 18 week ultrasound!

So I went to see my dr today (who is family medicine) and we decided to switch me to an ob. I have already met the ob who will deliver me, so I'm not worried about the switch. Well we went to listen to LO's hb and it was a bit slow at first, then picked up. I told her I had some decrease in movement and she sent me right over to the hospital for a nst. After they got me all hooked up, he of course started rolling, kicking, jabbing and even had the hiccups for most of the ordeal. Figures. But I'm glad my dr took me so seriously, and I'm happy to report he looked great and I wasn't contracting as my dr had feared.

I also did insulin tonight for the first time, and it didn't hurt! But I inserted the needle at the wrong angle and it came out before it was time. So I didn't get all my units and I was afraid to try again because I couldn't be sure how much I actually got. Better luck tomorrow, I suppose??

Bumpin, I've read several stories about short-tempered U/S techs. He could have told you the same in a much nicer way, there's no need to be an ass. I doubt you're the first mom who wants to look at the baby when you go in for an unrelated US.
Hope your kidneys are ok =)

Kendra, why are you getting another US this monday? Are they checking for something or is it routine?

Also, it doesn't sound like your baby is breech. I have felt absolutely no kicks above the belly button this whole pregnancy, but I've felt some pinches to my ribs. MW said it was her head bumping against my ribs :haha:

SWood, are you switiching to an OB because of your GD? I'm glad they took you seriously =) That's always reassuring.
I woudl be shaking if I had to poke myself with a needle. Kudos to you =)

For the first time last night, I laid down and my belly had a weird shape. She was totally on my right side. Then she started brake dancing in there and my belly would move in all directions :haha: I had to tell DH to come and watch, it was a nice bonding experience.

Here are a couple of the pictures we took for 32 weeks. The difference between 30 weeks and 32 is HUGE! Sorry, I tried to repost my 30 week picture but I couldn't for some reason... anywho, it's no surprise I've been so tired and waddling around... I've really felt like I've hit the tired/out-of-breath/big stage this last week. Now I know why!

Attachments

• P1060144.jpg
    P1060144.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3
  • P1060136.jpg
    P1060136.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
I haven't had one since 18 weeks, as far as I know its customary around here to get another in the third tri so they can see how big the baby is and adjust the final due date if necessary.

Bumpin, I've read several stories about short-tempered U/S techs. He could have told you the same in a much nicer way, there's no need to be an ass. I doubt you're the first mom who wants to look at the baby when you go in for an unrelated US.
Hope your kidneys are ok =)

Kendra, why are you getting another US this monday? Are they checking for something or is it routine?

Also, it doesn't sound like your baby is breech. I have felt absolutely no kicks above the belly button this whole pregnancy, but I've felt some pinches to my ribs. MW said it was her head bumping against my ribs :haha:

SWood, are you switiching to an OB because of your GD? I'm glad they took you seriously =) That's always reassuring.
I woudl be shaking if I had to poke myself with a needle. Kudos to you =)

For the first time last night, I laid down and my belly had a weird shape. She was totally on my right side. Then she started brake dancing in there and my belly would move in all directions :haha: I had to tell DH to come and watch, it was a nice bonding experience.

Vesper I love that pic of you and your LO :)

Hope everyone has a nice mothersday x

Great photos, Vesper =D
You have an awesome bump! And a really cute boy.

Happy mother's day for our british B&Bers

Happy Mother's Day to those of you celebrating today! Both the American and Finnish Mother's day is in May for me. :)

Anyone else in a maternity jacket? I am SO glad I got mine used back when I was expecting my son. I never used it then but I really need it now!

Must share this recipe! I have had a terrible time limiting my sugar intake so this was a godsend! Chocolate Banana Avocado Pudding. Ingredients: banana, avocado, vanilla extract, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder. Hits the spot and I can share with my toddler. :) Here is the link

vesper, that recipe looks delicious! I am making this tonight.

I have to go to the store and get some cocoa powder (I have to go anyway). The only thing is, I don't have a food processor, I guess I'll do it by hand. It'll take me longer and won't be as smooth but the taste should eb good =)

I've also been thinking about making my own baby food (I need to get that food processor). That's what everyone does in Argentina, since baby food is prohibitively expensive. Besides, I think that buying healthy food for Amy will encourage me to keep up with my healthy eating.

Kendra,

Avocado doesn't really have a very strong taste. I didn't use to like it but now I'm a fan.
I didn't got ot he store today but I HAVE TO make this recipe. My DH saw it and said it look amazing.

We are planning to blw seeing as LO decided that's what he wanted to do and refused spoon feeding, we got on so well with it I'm not even going to bother with purrees this time I don't think!

THe avocado in this recipes adds the creaminess. The taste is mostly banana and cocoa. Try it! The oils and fats from avocados are super healthy too.

I made purees with DS1 and loaded it in ice cube trays to freeze and then into plastic bags for storage. We had sweet potato, carrots, peas, avocado, banana, berries... and other things I'm forgetting. I liked the Wholesome baby foods website for ideas. To prevent browning with foods like banana and avocado, I just pressed a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the ice cube tray against the puree. Once it was frozen there was no problem anymore. The frozen cubes were convenient too because I could just mix and match as I wish and put them in little containers. They would keep a few hours when I went out since they started frozen. I do the same thing now with yogurt actually. I'll put some organic plain yogurt and a tad of honey in a container and add a dl of frozen berries which keeps it nice and cold until snack time (usually a couple hours after I leave the house)

We did a bit of both with Jack, he generally ate anything!

If you don't have a food processor, don't buy one of those specially designed for baby food, we had a mini chopper which does the job and it was cheaper than something "tailor made"

We mainly did home made meals and it was a lot cheaper. And I'm rubbish in the kitchen, so if you're worried, don't be! A dimbo like me can do it :D

We started with purees and then hit a stage where nothing but finger food would get eaten. I'll be mixing purees and blw a lot more this time around. I'm sure I'll be less stressed too since it's #2. Haha no May babies here yet and we are discussing weaning :)

That icecube thing sounds a really good idea!
I do think I'll be alot more relaxed this time around when it comes to weaning etc, I was always fretting about it last time,

Think nesting has truly kicked in for me now... I woke up at 3am I tried to get back to sleep for hours but spent so long thinking about cleaning the over that I got up at 5am to sit on the cold kitchen floor and scrub it to death, DH came downstairs when he got up for work and thought he was seeing things haha!
My hips are killing now though so it was definitely a bad idea but I just could not leave it for another second lol! Strange x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->