*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Do you want the EVC? It seems like it would really hurt! My mum had it with my sister and she flipped back round on the way home lol! She ended up with a section but it was 20 years ago and I don't think it was as popular then to try naturally! xx

Im doing a lot of research at the mo. My MIL had it twice when expecting my Oh and he tunred back round. I've heard good and bad. I think if there is plenty of water and a log enough cord then I'll let them try once. But if I go and there is less fluid I will opt for an elective section :( I really didnt want a section but I have to face the fact that I might x

No, I didn't go in, it was pretty much just the one time I wiped. Could have been from wiping a lot yesterday not sure. And if it was plug I think there would have been discharge-y type stuff in there too?

No, I didn't go in, it was pretty much just the one time I wiped. Could have been from wiping a lot yesterday not sure. And if it was plug I think there would have been discharge-y type stuff in there too?

I'd say that if nothing has happened since that you are probably fine, especially if you aren't experiencing an pains or anything. Maybe it was from somewhere that was irritated, maybe :sex:? Not sure about the plug question. I didn't lose any of mine until labor last time.

Oh yes ladies, I most definitely had a head lodged in my pelvis yesterday! I felt like I had a bowling ball attached to my vagina. Lots of pressure. I thought maybe the baby had engaged or something. Today seems to be a bit better. Lots of movement though. It's actually making me feel a bit nauseous. :(

Kendra, I'm happy you didn't have any more spotting.
Flower, I feel for you. :hugs:
Zombina, did thy tell you for sure it's GD? What did they say?

I went to my MW appointment yesterday and the good news is that she seems to be trying to turn, we found her HB below my belly button (last time it was near my ribs) and I've been feeling some movement above the belly button as well, which hadn't happened before.
The bad news is that my Blood Pressure was high (150/40) so I have to go back in in a week, instead of two, to have it checked again. They tested my urine for protein but, luckily, there was none. MW said it may be nothing, or it may be pregnancy-induced hypertension. My father had high blood pressure so apparently I am a bit more at risk of getting it. The fact that I didn't have protein in my urine was reassuring that it may not become preeclampsia.
Anyway, now we just wait and see.

They haven't said for sure but the midwife said she thought it could be... BUT - when I got home I remembered I had half a packet of softmints and 2 sugary drinks before I went there so am assuming that's what caused the glucose to be present in my urine!
But as my Dad has diabetes they're keeping an eye on it just in case xx

They haven't said for sure but the midwife said she thought it could be... BUT - when I got home I remembered I had half a packet of softmints and 2 sugary drinks before I went there so am assuming that's what caused the glucose to be present in my urine!

softmints are the devil food. Hope they sort it out for you. xx

They were so good tho :D xx

Do you want the EVC? It seems like it would really hurt! My mum had it with my sister and she flipped back round on the way home lol! She ended up with a section but it was 20 years ago and I don't think it was as popular then to try naturally! xx

Im doing a lot of research at the mo. My MIL had it twice when expecting my Oh and he tunred back round. I've heard good and bad. I think if there is plenty of water and a log enough cord then I'll let them try once. But if I go and there is less fluid I will opt for an elective section :( I really didnt want a section but I have to face the fact that I might x

Don't be disheartened :hugs: there's every chance you want have to have one :hugs: it took me a long time to accept because I really loved the labour experience but sometimes it's just the safest way and I do think I'm sure once the babies have arrived it won't seem as much of a big deal which way they came out! Right now with a few weeks to go it seems much more important than it really is in the grand scheme of life xx

That was nice of her to jump straight to the GD conclusion! :dohh: if she was that concerned, she should've arranged for a GTT. They did for me because Jack was big and my Dad has type 2

That was nice of her to jump straight to the GD conclusion! :dohh: if she was that concerned, she should've arranged for a GTT. They did for me because Jack was big and my Dad has type 2

I got a +1 for glucose in my last tests thanks to softmints. I was told I have to get another result the same or worse for a repeat GTT to be done.

Yes, I had doughnuts just before a urine sample when pregnant with Jack. It was my second 'strike' and I had the gtt then too. Was negative then, but not so lucky this time. :(

I'm surprised they didn't specify that u shouldn't eat anything sugary before the test. Either way, I'm sure everything will be fine but I know it sucks having to worry about health stuff like this right now.
I'm going back this Tuesday instead of on two weeks because they want to check my Bp again.

A bit ot: dh told me not to breath do loud into the phone. I was walking and talking, I could barely breath afterwards! The shortness of breath is getting ridicoulous. I have to sleep with three pillows under my head.

Since the baby has moved abit I can breathe alot easier and it's actually made so much difference to my everyday life lol, I managed to clean the kitchen today without needing to sit down half way through, and I can walk for longer without needing to stop for a rest!
I'm pretty sure he's head down now, I keep getting uncomfortable pokes in the ribs and these weird feelings which from what you lot where saying the other week are hands above his head in my bits lol! I need to pee alot more since he's moved though!

I ordered my pram on Friday finally! And bought a changing bag, I've not got round to it yet but I'm going to go through my lists probably tomorrow and pack mine and babies hospital bags and then I know what I still need! Eek! Less than 6 weeks to go now, I can't wait!

Also wondering who the first to pop will be :haha: ?

I wondered that about the GTT test too, they don't give any specs so especially if you get one towards the evening like I did, you've probably had a snack (or two or three haha) before dinner and your blood sugar is raised.

And my spotting is definitely not from having sex as its probably been 5 months since DH and I have done it. Great, huh?

Just popping by to check in! Everything here has been fine. All the regular annoying pregnancy things like fatigue, shortness of breath (from walking up like 3 stairs! lol), and frequent trips to the bathroom. I've had a lot of heartburn too. Last night was def the worst since I actually woke up and threw up a little but had to swallow since I was in bed. Yuck! I rinsed my mouth out and hoped it would feel better. Slept a little elevated to help. I think it was due to all the junk food I consumed yesterday! My Finnish family ended up surprising me with a baby shower! I was very touched. :) I got a GORGEOUS wee notions one size cloth diaper to add to my collection from it too! Yay!

I wondered that about the GTT test too, they don't give any specs so especially if you get one towards the evening like I did, you've probably had a snack (or two or three haha) before dinner and your blood sugar is raised.

And my spotting is definitely not from having sex as its probably been 5 months since DH and I have done it. Great, huh?

The test I did was to eat a carby breakfast and have bloods 2 hours later. They do specify that you shouldn't have anything else other than what they specify.

My GTT they specified first thing in the morning and fasting - got a normal. The test I had done was a routine urine test in anti-natal clinic - had half a pack of softmints and a bottle of fruit juice half an hour before! :wacko:

I'm also wondering who will be first to go. I think I'm going to go over again, just because they have moved my dates so far forward, 7 days difference between my dates and my scan dates....5 days difference between LMP and scan also so it's not just me being unable to count lol.

I think hubby and I have come to the decision that this is the last baby. We were toying with the idea of having a third but it's just not feasible. Obviously things may change, but I'm 29 in September and hubby will be embarking on a new career in 2 years time (once his degree is complete), so time isn't really on our side. It's sad, and we may of course change our minds, but we have agreed that if we definitely stick to it, we'll get a dog in 2 years time. We already have 1, but we'll get another to feed our broodiness! lol It's kind of bitter sweet though. I must confess that this pregnancy has been a lot more work and worry, so I think it will be a relief to just be a mummy again and not TTC/Pregnant. :wacko:

thats odd. With my test I was told that it was fine to eat something before the test. They give you that super sweet drink and draw your blood an hour later - and mine came back perfect!

Maybe its a different test here?:shrug:

Kendra: Maybe that spotting was from baby settling on your cervix? Or maybe you have a varicosity that bled a little up there. My friend had horrible varicosities up her foof, poor girl!

Im going to my baby shower today!!! Im so excited to see everyone, but my crazy hormonal pregnant self was dreaming all night that no one showed up!

We haven't DTD since 28 weeks because it triggered contractions afterwards =S
It freaked us out. We do other stuff, though :blush:

My Finnish family ended up surprising me with a baby shower! I was very touched. :) I got a GORGEOUS wee notions one size cloth diaper to add to my collection from it too! Yay!

Sorry about the Heartburn =S I got it all first trimester but (fingers crossed), it hasn't come back. That's so nice that they threw you a baby shower!!! :happydance:

I think hubby and I have come to the decision that this is the last baby.

Oh, never say never. We are 27 (almost) and still in school. We are far from settled in out careers. Actually, sometimes it almost feels like we're teenagers in the sense that there is so much more we still need to accomplish. But I'm planning on having a second kid around 30 and a third around 34 or so. If possible, I'd like to be done having kids by 35, but I won't say no to having a baby after that if we want to. I don't think 29 is old at all.
I know it's a personal decision but it seems like you are on the fence about it, so i wanted to share my view.
Also, a new dog is always awesome!

Im going to my baby shower today!!! Im so excited to see everyone, but my crazy hormonal pregnant self was dreaming all night that no one showed up!

Yeeeey, more baby showers :happydance: let us know how it goes.

My Finnish family ended up surprising me with a baby shower! I was very touched. :) I got a GORGEOUS wee notions one size cloth diaper to add to my collection from it too! Yay!

Sorry about the Heartburn =S I got it all first trimester but (fingers crossed), it hasn't come back. That's so nice that they threw you a baby shower!!! :happydance:

Thanks! I think it was touching mostly because people don't do baby showers in Finland. They knew that they do in my culture though and wanted to make sure I had one! VERY sweet!

Speaking of dreams, I actually had a pleasant one about the baby instead of something traumatic or flat out weird. I dreamt I could see his feet as he pressed them against my stomach. I could see exactly where he was. Then, all of the sudden, he was curled up on my stomach rather than inside. I was looking at us through a mirror and so was he so I could see him in my arms. He had the most stunning blue green eyes. Then, just as quickly, he was back in my tummy again! Can't wait to really see him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->