*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

3.5 weeks... or as many as 7.5 weeks. Ugh. I've reached the point of really disliking being pregnant. Heartburn, fatigue, moody as hell. I get up twice at night to pee and now have trouble getting back to sleep too. I woke up at 5:30am this morning and never did get back to sleep. :cry:

Is anyone else struggling with being a balanced pleasant human being? I was just reflecting that, at least for me, pregnancy is just long enough that I can't really remember too well how even-tempered I actually am when not pregnant. I'm beginning to just feel like I must always be a crazy mean woman who is demanding and has no patience! I can't remember any other me right now. :nope:

Hope your appointment went well nits x

Vesper! I think we all feel like that, I'm sooo snappy with dh all the time and I know my patience wears thin alot easier with LO which I feel bad about, heartburn, spd, tiredness, return of ms!
I woke up at 4am this morning after many toilet trips and struggling to sleep cus of sore hips and bh, managed to get an hour about 10am but iv felt like crap all day! I can't wait til the end now when I can enjoy the baby and not all these bloody crappy parts :hugs:

Vesper: ME!!! Im now convinced I have officially gone mental. My temper is sooo short these days! And when I get mad, or frustrated, I cry! Im so done with pregnancy! I had my 36 week appointment today. I managed to convince my OB to do a stretch and sweep starting at 39 weeks instead of waiting for the usual 40 week appointment! So I am hoping that if my massage and Chiropractor appointments dont start labour at 38 weeks, A S/S will! Im starting to take long daily walks and bounce on an exercise ball to move baby unto my cervix ASAP!

I am the opposite. Pregnancy has made me such a happy camper, I hope it stays like this forever.

Sooooo... my BP is still high. MW doesn't want me to work anymore, I'm not quite on bed rest but I have to take it easy. They did a battery of tests, they checked baby's HB and movements for an hour and she was doing great. I have to go in for a growth scan on Thursday. It's been an eventful day, it's always a shock when things don't go according to plan. I will probably have to go in twice a week from now on.

I think I need to go to bed now.

Ugh my moods are pretty bad too! That and men just have to say the stupidest things when you're in a terrible mood as it is, you know?

I'm pretty miserable too. On top of it now being painful to do just about anything, baby doesn't seem to get that he's crammed and doesn't have to keep moving so much, he rolls all day long and its so uncomfortable! And hiccups several times a day as well.

To top it all off I have a cold. And it sucks because I have 3 job interviews this week and really can't afford to not be working at this point. But baby is healthy and everything is going ok so I am thankful for the small things.

The finish line is so close now though so we just need to remember what this is all for! We get to meet our babies soon :)

I think I've found a bit of a new lease of life this past week or 2 since finishing work really. I've had time to recuperate, rest and make plans, I have a clean house, and the pains that I was experiencing while they're still there I feel able to cope. The only time I get a bit annoyed by them is last thing at night when what I really want to do is sit nicely on the sofa watching tv and drinking tea, when I can't because my sofa is crap and I have a permanent wedgey! :haha: But still, small things lol. I'm kind of trying to enjoy the last few weeks because they might be my last, and we have virtually everything (including now a couple of cartons of milk lol) so the panic factor is gone too. Although, I can't find the music box from the mobile :growlmad: - may have to buy a new one as it's integral and wont work without it as it's what's got all the hooks etc! :dohh: Off onto ebay now lol.

Chins up girls. Next month they'll be here and the pains will be a memory. :cloud9:

Hi girls, sorry I just didn't want my post to get buried by other posts. I am feeling like crap.

I went to the midwife yesterday, to check my blood pressure, since it's been going up. i ended up in the hospital for two hours, they took my BP four times, it was high all the time. They did a stress test to check the baby's HB and movement, and she's doing great.

They drew blood to test for liver and kidney problems and I am going back tomorrow for a growth scan to amke sure she's getting enough nutrients. The midwife talked to the OBGYn and they both agreed that they don't want me to work anymore, so I'm home until she's born.

I know everything will be fine but I am just scared. It was such a shock. The midwife told em at one point that she's still a bit too small to have her be born (I'm 33 weeks, so no surprise there, I don't want her to be born yet either). But her comment made me think that if I was further along she would have just sent me in for an induction. It was a bit of a slap in the face, it made me realize that this is no joke.

Fortunately, they've tested my urine twice and there's no trace of protein but they are having me do a 24-hour urine sample, i have to bring it in tomorrow before my US.

I'll keep you posted. I don't know what's worse, having to work or sitting home just worrying about all this :(
I think I'm going to watch a movie or something and try to relax because I will give myself higher blood pressure if I keep thinking about it.

:hi: everyone! Sorry for being MIA for sooo long I have been away for 3 weeks or so working, I am on my phone as left laptop at parents so can't catch up on everything for which I am sorry and I can't go back easily or quote grrrr so I am going to reply as much as I can from memory so sorry if I miss you or forget/muddle up who said what.

FF - FX she turns soon or the ECV works - did you look into the hypnotherapy for birthing etc as 80+% of it working....she still has time to turn but yes I too would prepare for a C/S so I mentally didn't freak out if I had to have one that way if I didn't have one great but if I did then I would have come to terms with it iykwim?

Boothh - You obviously have opted for the c/s then with your comment about not having to push a 10lber out, did the cons appt go well when discussing it? When will you know what date it is?

Sharon - hope the meds work that rash looks really nasty!!

Nits - Hope you manage to stay calm and relax! Excellent sign no protein in urine...!! Out of interest do you know what your BP has been? I am sorry you have had to go through this but glad keeping an eye on you FX it doesn't turn into PET.

Vesper - I am more irritable but okay mood wise really just more sensitive I guess :haha:

AFM - I have had a growth scan this week as measuring 5wks behind on SFH but the growth scan was fine and baby is above average in size so I must just have a narnia's wardrobe in my back or soemthing :rofl: I am in agony with my SPD and finding it hard to rest, walk or anything atm starting to get me down with looking after A etc, it was hard last time but now with a 2yr old it is agony :nope: had cons appt yday and go back at 38wks or before if in agony and will book an induction then so prob have baby in about 4-5wks :shock: arrrgh sooooo close!!

I am excited to know who will pop first too - has anyone got a c/s booked or IOL date yet? :hugs: missed you all hope everyone is okay and not struggling too much with exhaustion :sleep: xxx

Hello everyone! Doing ok over here. The sun is back in Finland after we got a foot of snow on Monday.

Nits: Hope everything is ok. Good that they are looking at everything and there is no protein in the urine. Keep us posted. In the meantime, I think a movie to help you to relax is a great idea. You don't need to sit and stress. That is the one upside of working. It keeps you distracted.

Kendra: 3 job interviews! Wow! Good luck! I couldn't even think about working right now! You are supposed to be off at the latest 5 weeks before the due date in Finland.

Jai: Yeah, I know, it's finally all approaching. I remember last time when I was due at the end of the month, how exciting it was to read about all the babies coming before. At the same time it was so hard to wait for my own to finally get here! The forum began to get a little quiet toward the end of the month... a lot of sleep-deprived mommies I guess!

Nits- I know its hard but try to relax. I had issues with my BP about the same time as you and I did a 24 hour test and it came back fine. I think I was just stressed at the time so the readings were off.

Ves- I know, its crazy to be thinking about a job right now but I pretty much have to work til the baby is born because I don't have any paid time off. And my job is temp so once I leave work for maternity leave I will more than likely not have a job to come back to unless our positions get extended while I'm gone. So I am desperate to have something lined up for when baby is here.

Hey girls.
I have read all updates but I'm rushing about in my phone so sorry for not replying!!!
I have a scan and Consultant app this afternoon to see if baby if still breech. Now unless her bum feels exactly the same as her head and movements that were feet are now hands I m doubting she's moved :haha: we shall see what the plan is!! X

Good luck nits and ff. hope your appointments go well :)

Jai-jai - yes we decided it was best to go for c/s she booked me in there and then for 11th may so I've known for a few weeks now! 5 weeks tomorrow eeek!! Glad to hear baby is growing well and is just hiding hehe, at least you know you can be induced this time if it gets too much, didn't you go quite over due last time? x

Hope your appointment goes well FF it will be interesting to see if she has randomly turned or not - FX for you that she has!!

Kendra I was in the same situation with DD I had to work and was having interviews whilst preggo so I can empathise, it is hard but you have to do what you have to do - good luck with them all :hugs:

Boothh Aaaah I see how very exciting!!!!! Is this our only date for a delivery so far? eeeep not long now at all especially as you have THAT day allocated already :dance: 11th May is soooo close - how many weeks will you be?

Vesper and Boothh (again) Yes I can remember those feelings too Ves it was fun but then it got quieter and quiter I was the very last one to pop in our group last time :rofl: so yes Boothh I went very overdue - 2 whole weeks.....I even got a badge from you all...do you remember? :haha:

Hey girls.
I have read all updates but I'm rushing about in my phone so sorry for not replying!!!
I have a scan and Consultant app this afternoon to see if baby if still breech. Now unless her bum feels exactly the same as her head and movements that were feet are now hands I m doubting she's moved :haha: we shall see what the plan is!! X

Good luck, FF!! I know exactly what you mean, I can't tell by her movements whether she's turned or not. We found her HB near my hips, so I know that she's turning, but the movements feel pretty much the same, with the exception that now I get the occasional body part sticking out above my bellybutton. But even the midwives had a hard time figuring out if it was the head or the butt. :haha:

Anyway, I hope you can go ahead with the delivery you wanted :hugs:

BOOTH, you must be so excited to know the date!!! Only a month now :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Vesper and Boothh (again) Yes I can remember those feelings too Ves it was fun but then it got quieter and quiter I was the very last one to pop in our group last time :rofl: so yes Boothh I went very overdue - 2 whole weeks.....I even got a badge from you all...do you remember? :haha:

I am not due until May 23rd, it will get quiet here too :nope:
They probably won't let me go past my due date if my blood pressure doesn't go down, though. I really don't want to be induced but I just want to have a happy healthy baby, so I'll do whatever I have to.

I am feeling a lot better emotionally. Thanks everyone :hugs:

I think I do remember actually :rofl:
I'll be 39 weeks exactly! It seems so soon it's scary! Still not very organised! I have a sneaky suspicion he might decide he wants to come a bit earlier though but I hope he stays in so we can have a nice smooth time of it this time!

Totally OT

FF, my DH's name is James Daniel!!!!!

Hey Girls!
This is me ----------> :happydance: Baby is HEAD DOWN!!!!!! My Home birth is back on and it's just a waiting game!!

Thanks for the messages xx

P.s Nits, James Daniel is a cool name :haha: x

YAAAAAY!!!! So so happy for you nic!! I bet you are so relieved!

:wohoo: how fab!!!!! That is the best news ever I am sooo happy for you :yipee:

Boothh - yes it has come so quick, do you feel this has gone loads faster this time? I def dooo, we were not very organised and with the threat of being induced due to query IUGR on Tue we bought everything at the weekend :haha: so I feel much better that we actually have a carseat now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->