*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

I do feel like it has gone so much faster this time, I'm still not organised the crib and carseat are in the cellar at my dads shop and I have no way to get them until the end of the month, I really need to get all the little bits together too!

FF :happydance:!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Mine is still breech but I am 3 weeks behind you.

My blood pressure was a lot better today! According to the US, she's meassuring right at 33 weeks but apparently she's at the 38%, so she's a bit on the smaller side. As long as she's healthy, I don't care if she's small.
My amniotic fluid is also on the lower side, so they will repeat the stress test and the ultrasound next week. I am not concerned though, I don't want to worry about anything.

I am so excited about meeting my little girl and I can't wait to see all your pics and birth stories =D

I sorted through my newborn stuff yesterday and put in the drawer. I'll run a load of laundry with the new stuff in it and add it there today. I'm going to try to get a lot of stuff on my to-do list done this long weekend while DH is home. That way I can be more relaxed as my energy levels continue to plummet. :)

Brill news Flowerfairy!

Well I spent 7 hours in maternity outpatients yesterday waiting to see a doc and it is official I have PUPPP. So nothing they can do beyond the antihistamines and only cure is delivery! So roll on the next 6 1/2 weeks of very little sleep and ripping my own skin off. Rash is practically everywhere and driving me potty.

I sorted through my newborn stuff yesterday and put in the drawer. I'll run a load of laundry with the new stuff in it and add it there today. I'm going to try to get a lot of stuff on my to-do list done this long weekend while DH is home. That way I can be more relaxed as my energy levels continue to plummet. :)

I can't wait to start doing that myself. I won't do laundry for a few more weeks, though, because I don't want it to get dusty again. But how exciting!!! :happydance:

We are looking for a new place to live, at the craziest time :blush: That means that all the baby's things are still in boxes, except for her clothes, which are in the drawers. Now that I have some free time, I wish we weren't moving so I could spend it organizing stuff for the baby but, oh well...

Brill news Flowerfairy!

Well I spent 7 hours in maternity outpatients yesterday waiting to see a doc and it is official I have PUPPP. So nothing they can do beyond the antihistamines and only cure is delivery! So roll on the next 6 1/2 weeks of very little sleep and ripping my own skin off. Rash is practically everywhere and driving me potty.

:hugs: it sucks, sorry =(

I washed most of my clothes weeks ago, have another load growing from things that people have given me since my shower. I'm not going to buy anymore clothes myself though until I see how big he is growing and what I will need. I have tons of 0-3 stuff though! I made him another sign for his "corner" ... I don't know if I ever put out my webpage link but I make signs for nurseries/bedrooms, specializing in kids stuff but I do a lot of family type signs too,

https://www.facebook.com/thenest98531

It's rare that I get time to do one of my own signs so it was nice to have that downtime! Since I've been out sick all week for work I got caught up on orders which is great but then its also frustrating!

Kendra, I really like your signs =D

People gave me a ton of 0-3 months clothes. I am super grateful, of course, but I wonder how long she'll be able to wear them =S
I have a few gift cards that I am saving for after she's born.

Since most of us are in the norther hemisphere... what things will you do to protect LO from the sun but still be able to enjoy the summer?
I want to be able to go to the lake and enjoy my time off. I will get her some big, wide hats and probably an umbrella. People have told me to dress her in light cotton but long sleeve things. Any other piece of advice?

My washing will all get done and sorted next weekend. Hubby is away for the weekend so I will spend nap times and evenings sorting through all the boring bits and making sure the 'nursery' (such as it is - it's a corner in my son's room and another corner in our room! :wacko:) is pretty much set up bar the larger furniture items. The cot will wait until I am term (maybe actually 40 weeks lol) as it will inevitably get in the way otherwise! lol

I have literally a tonne of stuff and i've been buying more summer clothes like rompers and little white hats lol. Not a lot but enough that I have filled a box - I think I've got about 4 new outfits in each size up to 3-6 months lol. I really didn't need them at all! :blush: Only things left now on my shopping list are toiletries lol - oh and I definitely need a new mobile as I've well and truly lost the music box on ours which is a shame because I love it! :dohh:

Nits - for the summer, a mix of umbrellas/parasols and hats as well as the obligatory muslin cloth will get us through. I've already bought some factor 50 kids but may get a small bottle of baby sun lotion (I'm a red-head and Earl is really fair so chances are we will need it! lol) - light, long layers is the advice I've always been given about babies and toddlers in the sun, and Earl has never had a problem.

I bought some hats, and people have said to not get him shorts and whatnot because they will still be cold but I have always read and heard that if you are warm, baby is warm, and if you are cold, baby is cold. So I intend on trying to dress him in onesies and long shorts during the day and if it gets chilly having longer sleeved outfits with me to change him into. I just couldn't resist the little baby board shorts though! And flip flops!

Ugh, my son just erased my big long post before I could publish it! Hate when that happens! :growlmad:

Anyway, at least here in Finland, sunscreen of any kind isn't recommended for under 1yo. If the baby is dressed in appropriate clothing then it isn't really even needed. Babies can't properly regulate their own body temperature for the first year. Any even layer protecting the skin from direct sun exposure (a light cotton long sleeved body suit and pants for example) a hat (this is because they can't regulate body temp like us), and a place in the shade or under an umbrella is usually sufficient. I never had to worry about sunscreen with my son until he started spending time sitting in the wading pool and his swimming suit didn't cover his arms and legs. He always had a hat to block the sun from his face.

A tip that was passed to me and was very helpful (especially during the Winter months here in Finland where the clothes are layered on) is to check behind the neck. If baby is cold then add clothes. If baby is sweaty then take something off! I had a hot baby and now a hot toddler. He never needed nearly as much as what was considered the "standard" to put on here. I always felt so sorry for the kids in 3 layers when their mothers never even bothered to take off an hat or mitten when inside. I bet they were boiling! :nope:

Ugh, my son just erased my big long post before I could publish it! Hate when that happens! :growlmad:

A tip that was passed to me and was very helpful (especially during the Winter months here in Finland where the clothes are layered on) is to check behind the neck. If baby is cold then add clothes. If baby is sweaty then take something off! I had a hot baby and now a hot toddler. He never needed nearly as much as what was considered the "standard" to put on here. I always felt so sorry for the kids in 3 layers when their mothers never even bothered to take off an hat or mitten when inside. I bet they were boiling! :nope:

Earl is a hot one too so I'm not sure what to expect. I still have all his winter layers to build up summery outfits so we should be ok. I know that in the first month or so he normally needed the extra layer (obviously while he was tiny and couldn't really move so never generated any real heat) but pretty much as soon as he found his hands and started to take notice he was a sweaty little thing lol. I used to do the back of the neck thing, especially when you bring out the snowsuits in the winter. So easy to over-heat in those things. Not even sure I'll bother with one this winter - we bought 3 for Earl in various sizes and barely used them as he was such a hottie! lol

Thanks for all the tips.

I had never hear of the neck thing.

So, I woke up at 4 in the morning, couldn't go back to bed, I was starving. I am now sitting at the computer eating my left over noodles :haha:
Gotta love pregnancy sometimes.

Jess is a hot kid too, he's always sweating, he sleeps in just a nappy alot of the time or if I do put him in pjs he takes them off himself in the night lol!
I had some really cool vests/bodysuits when he was little that had a little temperature thing on the back of the neck, the picture disappeared if they were too hot, I don't know what I did with them now but they were so handy for when he was ill!

I feel like its been months since I last wrote! I've been SO busy and keep my Facebook updated but always forget to post on here! I have a LOT to read and catch up on!

So far over here things are good! Can't believe how close we all are!! And can't believe I've made it this far! My OB is impressed too! Officially made it 5 weeks past when I had Austin as of this Thursday!! Yay!! OB said she can come anytime now and won't have to go to the NICU :) weekly visits are great and just enjoying my belly as long as I can!

Started drinking raspberry leaf tea today... OB didn't want me starting it too early just in case. I'm going (or at least making a VERY strong effort) to go all natural this time. I didn't have that option with Austin since they were trying to stop labour so I hope I can manage it!! Been using my birthing ball too to help with hip/pelvic pain... Seems to work great!

Other than that I'm completely prepared to go into labour at anytime and have her <3 I'm proud to say I have nothing left on my list (other than a few things that are completely unnessasary but totally cute that I want lol)

How's everyone else doing? I'm currently on my iPhone so I can't read too far back on the posts at the moment. Anyone have their baby yet??

For the first time in this pregnancy yesterday my hands started to swell and again this morning I had it where they looked like Mickey Mouse hands... Drank lots of water today and they seem to be better now. I'll mention it to my OB on Thursday just to make sure though.

Hope all of you are doing well and I'll try to get on my computer tomorrow to see what's been going on!!! Talk to you all soon!!!

Welcome back Diana =D

COngrats on making it to "full term"!!! :happydance:

I've had a lovely day today. Woke up this morning with agonising stabbing pains in my ear (my left ear that had the grommet in in October) and we went to A&E. I was seen pretty quickly for both assessment and treatment (in and out within 2 hours) and have ear drops. I have never had an ear infection before, and it really was agony - felt like glass in my ear. Ear drops are very low dose due to pregnancy, so may not work so have to make a follow up with the GP for Wednesday.....oh lovely.

Other than that all is good. Hubby's grandmother has crocheted 2 more blankets (We still have the 3 she made for Earl lol) so we certainly wont be without blankets (I think that makes it 12 in total at last count lol.

aimee-lou, ear infections SUCK! I got a really bad sinus infection a couple of months back and I actually blew out my eardrum. It hurt like crazy, glad they gave you the drops =)

Feeling impatient today. I know I'm just tired but I'm tired of being pregnant too! Glad LO only needs a couple more weeks inside and then he can come whenever! I just feel ready to get on with the next stage of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->