*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

It was definitely an experience of a lifetime! Mind you I was only 17 so I was totally scared about everything in the pregnancy! I just remember my Dr freaking out in the ambulance saying "THIS BABY'S COMING NOW!!" lmao and he wasn't born till the next morning (lots of drugs to try and stop labour) but they seriously thought that by how fast I was dilating that he was coming lol. I'm much more relaxed this time around haha and know what to expect... At least a lot more than I did back then! It's probably best that I had such a crazy experience last time cuz this time will be a breeze! Lol.

And no worries :) I didn't take it the wrong way lol. I knew what you meant! A healthy baby is all I care about! (especially since I've had weird dreams about giving birth to weird things like worms and kittens lol) so long as he/she doesn't come out with paws, a tail or a bunch of slimy worms I can deal with it lol

:haha: about the kittens and worms!! Preggo dreams are soooo random!! That all soudns super scary!!! :hugs: but yes you are right it shoudl be a breeze - mentally defo :) :hugs: how many weeks were you? sorry I forgot and I can't skip back easily as on my phone xx

I was 32 weeks with him. We spent almost 3 weeks in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) until I was allowed to take him home. He was a big premie lol 5lbs 15oz.

So excited today ladies!! Today I picked up a double breast pump!! They retail for $349.99 plus tax at the store (it's a Medela Double Electric Breast Pump, Backpack Style) and I got it for $150!! The lady that sold it to me used it maybe 10 times and it's in brand new condition! Of course I'll have to either sterilize the bottles and shields or buy new ones but the pump itself doesn't see or touch the body at all. With my son I had SO much milk, I pumped off after every feed and was able to save up and deep freeze a good 6 months of milk so after I stopped breast feeding at 9 months he was still able to have all the benefits of my milk but from a bottle :) (I used a single breast pump with my son and found it took forever so that's why I wanted to upgrade) my last one was the Medela Mini Electric which also came with a manual pump.

Oh gosh yes he was a big premie but I would prob have a baby of that size at that gestation too as I have big babies, he obv did really well to be allowed home at "35wks" cos they norm like to keep them in until they would be "37wks"

Oh wow that is a good deal - great pump too! :)

Yes I BEGGED them to let me go home lol. They said so long as he was over his birth weight (because he went down to 5lbs 4oz after the first day) and he was done his bili lights, eating well from me at every feed and was able to keep his temperature and pass the car seat test I was allowed to take him home. He did exceptionally well but we had to take it a day at a time.

I have a friend selling her madela double breast pump for $100 I think I'm going to jump on it if I get my taxes in a few days! Someone made a good point that if I get a pump for my shower I can take it back and get store credit for something I need!

The car seat test is for premies... It's where they hook the baby up to heart monitors and some other wires while they sit in the car seat for an hour. It's to make sure their lungs dont collapse or that they don't stop breathing or go through any kind of stress while being in the car seat for that long. Premies have lots of lung issues and randomly stop breathing. My friends premie passed the test but when she got home and put his car seat down he turned blue and ended back up in the hospital. My son failed the first one but they said it might have been a fluke so they re-tested later that day and he passed.

Kendra, definitely jump on that deal! And for sure you can return a pump for something else if you end up getting one at your baby shower! It's an amazing pump! Medela is personally my favorite brand. When I was at the hospital with Austin I rented a Medela double pump from our local drug store (which was insanely expensive) but I wasn't allowed to hold him or feed him because they wanted him to rest and grow in his little incubator. So I pumped and froze a lot of it and was able to tube feed him my breast milk until I was allowed to hold and breast feed on my own.

V - I feel like that too, I have such a short temper I really have to work not to be snappy with my LO its not his behaviour that has changed it's my ability to deal with it, he is typical terrible 2s at the moment and testing me with everything he ends up in the 'naughty corner' a few times a day at least!

V - I feel like that too, I have such a short temper I really have to work not to be snappy with my LO its not his behaviour that has changed it's my ability to deal with it, he is typical terrible 2s at the moment and testing me with everything he ends up in the 'naughty corner' a few times a day at least!

Thankfully the next day was better. DS had been waking several times in the night for some reason so everyone was tired too. He finally slept through again last night though so we woke up and had a nice breakfast together. I'm trying to nap when he does and take it easy so I can cope with him better. Those hormone swings re really something to be reckoned with!

Helloooo 3rd Trimester!! :hi:

How scary eh!!!!! Not long to go now!!! :happydance:

Oooh, we have the same due date!

hehe yes! are you team yellow? xx

I'm team pink!! :)

Aww I really wanted to be pink but after seeing our sons (hehe our son! feels funny saying that!) little Liverpool football kit, I'm glad he's a boy! I'm gonna be outnumbered when the football is on in future tho :( grr lol

I was convinced I was team blue! Still not 100%, got a nagging feeling they've made a mistake, so got names for both just in case.
Not bought anything much yet either. My daughter picked up a pink teddy & a pink little bodysuit, but that's about it.

Helloooo 3rd Trimester!! :hi:

How scary eh!!!!! Not long to go now!!! :happydance:

Oooh, we have the same due date!

hehe yes! are you team yellow? xx

I'm team pink!! :)

Aww I really wanted to be pink but after seeing our sons (hehe our son! feels funny saying that!) little Liverpool football kit, I'm glad he's a boy! I'm gonna be outnumbered when the football is on in future tho :( grr lol

I was convinced I was team blue! Still not 100%, got a nagging feeling they've made a mistake, so got names for both just in case.
Not bought anything much yet either. My daughter picked up a pink teddy & a pink little bodysuit, but that's about it.

Yeah I'm convinced they have made a mistake too! We have bought loads of blue things tho so hoping they haven't haha!

Why are you girls convinced they made a mistake? Did they give you potty shots? If so, upload them and we can have a look at them =D

Well hello fellow may baby buddies =D
i have only just discovered this post thanks to aimee-lou =)
we are due the 17th!!!!
100 days to go today!!!
Am sooo excited to meet our little girl.
:cloud9:

Why are you girls convinced they made a mistake? Did they give you potty shots? If so, upload them and we can have a look at them =D

I don't know why.....didn't get a potty shot.

It's just that I've read so much about mistakes being made when they think it's a girl. Apparently it's much more common to get it wrong if they say it's a girl.
I'm just preparing myself I guess, just in case! I'm ok either way, so it doesn't really matter!

Well hello fellow may baby buddies =D
i have only just discovered this post thanks to aimee-lou =)
we are due the 17th!!!!
100 days to go today!!!
Am sooo excited to meet our little girl.
:cloud9:

WELCOME!!! You're almost double digits! I still have a week to go for that ^_^

I don't know why.....didn't get a potty shot.

It's just that I've read so much about mistakes being made when they think it's a girl. Apparently it's much more common to get it wrong if they say it's a girl.
I'm just preparing myself I guess, just in case! I'm ok either way, so it doesn't really matter!

I know the feeling. I got two really good potty shots with very noticeable 3 white lines. If it wasn't for that, I'd be paranoid too. Just keep the tags on everything, just in case :winkwink:

A bit OT: If anyone doubted that Beyonce was really pregnant, look at this post-baby photo
https://es-us.omg.yahoo.com/fotos/b...a-a-un-mes-de-dar-a-luz-1328628464-slideshow/ Those boobs are HUGE! :haha:
Sorry the link is in Spanish =)

No we didn't get one but I'm just convinced for some reason! I know it won't happen but will be v annoying if it does haha, at least we have a name for if it did turn out to be a girl!

I really should find this thread more often!
How is everyone? I'm torn between 2nd tri and 3rd tri at the moment, as i am being induced at 38 weeks so I'm down to less than 14 weeks to go! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->