May Buds and June Bug 2012 Mummy's Club

Hey ladies do you mind if I join here? I was a june mommy and am so in love with this little girl. I feel the way you do megan that I don't want my little girl to grow up. She just turned 4 weeks and I so want her to stay little. She was 6 14 at birth and she is now 8 lbs. She seems to be doing well but as you said boooo to growing up. Wish we could keep them newborn forever. Waves to brandy! How are you doing dear?? Glad to see everyone has survived the first month! :) Hope you ladies don't mind and can't wait to get to know everyone!

Hi :) your little girl is gorgeous! It is a shame that they have to grow up isn't it? You must have your work cut out for you with 9 children, I'm exhausted with just one :)

What's your name?

Hiya and your little girl is gorgeous :) I took Izzy to baby club this morning at the localchildren's centre, they sang a welcome song to her then she fell asleep lol. Going to take her to the health visitor drop in clinic this afternoon, i'm fed up of waiting for them to come to me its been nearly a month since i last saw her. Hope everyone else is ok? XxX

Saw the health visitor, izzy is 9lb now :) XxX

Hi Ladies

How are you all? All our babies are getting so big!! Seems like everyone is gaining weight well. We have dropped a centile as Connor only went from 10lb 2 to 10lb 11 in 2 weeks. Health visitor didn't seem concerned though. He is content and won't take anymore milk than he is taking no matter how hard I try!! I will see what his gain is next week and see if they have any advice on getting him to drink more.

Rose-so glad Isobelle is over her infection!

Megan I know it's so scary how quickly they grow, they aren't babies for long at all!!

Leanne i'm sure Theon's colic will start getting better in the next couple of weeks, it must be so hard seeing him so distressed, poor wee soul :hugs: How is your bath, bottle and bed routine going? He will get used to the getting out of the bath part soon too.

Nicola, hopefully Caitlin starts liking the bath soon so that you can go swimming, i'm sure she will get used to it too. We have sort of worked up to an 8pm bedtime. He used to go around 10 when we would go to bed, then he would be up at between 1.30 and 2am and between 4am and 5am for feeds. I didn't want to put him to bed any earlier as I thought he would then be up 3 times in the night. I was planning on just trying to move it 15minutes earlier every night. I noticed though that if I coughed or even turned over in bed I seemed to be waking him, so we have put him into his own room. We have a movement sensor monitor so that is the only reason I am comfortable with this. It was the same with Erin, we moved her into her own room at 10 weeks. I thought since we weren't in his room disturbing him that I would try an 8pm bedtime. We are really lucky in that we can put him into his basket wide awake and he will fall asleep himself so I don't need to wait until he is asleep before putting him down. The last 2 nights he has slept from 8pm to 5am, had a bottle and then gone back down until 9am :happydance: Hope it continues!!

We have 1st immunisations next week, can't believe it is that time already!!

Hi iamblessed and welcome!

Hope you all have a great weekend and you aren't affected by all the flooding. I am rather jealous of everybody at T in the Park this weekend!!

xxxx

my name is kim! iam a mom 9 beautiful children and hopefully will one day be a mom of 10! how is everyone? ty for the welcome and the kind words about my baby! she is an awesome little girl! so is any one getting sleep these days?

Hi Kim, nice to have you with us hun, amethyste is gorgeous!!

Wow suze, 8pm til 5am!? That is just amazing!! Theon would probably sleep longer and eat less if it wasnt for his colic. He wakes himself everytime he needs to pass wind or poo and then has a bottle to settle him again. I think the gripe water he is on is having an effect, combined with the massage I do on his tummy whilst he's feeding. He usually does a poo whilst feeding if I rub in circular motions around his tummy button for long enough. I dont know whether to put theon in his own room too. He is getting far too big for his moses basket now and he is sleeping in our bed which is a nightmare! We have an angelcare sensor thing so will have to get it set up and give it a go.

Rose, fab that Izzy is 9lb now. I'm quite jealous of you all having wee baba's, Theon just seems like he is growing so fast, he isn't going to be my baby for long at this rate!

Got another wedding to go to tomorrow. My mum was meant to be having Theon for the night but she contracted e-coli after having a procedure at hospital (they say she probably got it from food poisoning but its a bit of a coincidence that she has the procedure and then has e-coli symptoms within 48 hours of the op!). I dont know, the lengths some people will go to to get out of baby sitting!! We were really looking forward to having a night to ourselves but now Ric is looking after Theon and im going by myself. Gutted :( At least I know little man will be happy with his daddy.

xx

Hiya, hope everyone's ok? Hope your mom's better now leanne and you enjoyed the wedding? Took izzy for another blood test today, i felt so sorryfor her she gave the phlebotomist a lovely smile before she started and was howling seconds later. Hopefully no more tests now. Izzy still being a nightmare at night, wont sleep more than a couple of hours at a time, i'm absolutely knackered! Fingers crossed that changes soon XxX

Hiya ladies, quick question for you all. Do any of your babies only turn their head to one side? I'm not talking about a preference for one side, izzy appears to not be able to fully put her head to the left. As a result of her head always being to the right her skull seems to be growing more in that direction! Going to see health visitor on thurs and will mention it to her but wondered if anyone else was having the same problem? I've tried encouraging her to look to the left but having no luck so far XxX

Hmm that's unusual. Caitlin does have a preference to lie with her head to the right but I have seen her lie both ways. Definitely mention it to the health visitor and see what she says.

How's she sleeping now? Are you managing to get any more rest?

How's everyone else doing? We've all been very quiet lately.

We had a really horrendous few days with Caitlin last week, Tuesday night was the worst night I've ever had! It started on Saturday, she was really twisty all day and didn't even settle for her grandma which is unusual but she hadn't had a dirty nappy all day and wasn't drinking much milk so I figured she had a bit of a poorly tummy. On the sunday afternoon we were at my aunt and uncle's 60th birthday party and she was getting passed from person to person but seemed in a lovely mood so we figured she was feeling better but then as soon as we got home she got really twisty again and just wouldn't settle. It continued all day Monday and I didn't get her to sleep til about midnight, then on the Tuesday he just cried every time I put her down so by the time Steven came home I was exhausted. She fell asleep at about 7:30pm so we attempted to put her to bed but she woke up instantly and then proceeded to cry non-stop until 1am! 5 and a half hours of screeching in our faces - I was crying and losing my temper at her and everything, I felt so guilty the next day. She eventually got so tired that she just fell asleep like a light switch being turned off. On the Wednesday we were so tired that Steven had to ring in sick as he just couldn't function.

We seem to have turned a corner now though. I was reading something online about people moving their babies onto the size 2 Tommee Tippee teats as the first ones weren't flowing fast enough and the babies were swallowing a lot of air due to having to suck so hard and they were getting frustrated and their colic was getting worse. I remembered a friend of ours saying her midwife had advised her to use size 2 teats from birth so I switched Caitlin's over and the change was instant! She makes a lot more mess as she's not used to the speed they flow at yet but she is so much happier and actually seems to be settling into a feeding and sleeping routine at last. I'm crossing my fingers it continues :)

Hellos ladies!

Just read this page so no time for much!

With regard to baby preferring to sleep on one side of head, Sonny was like that and began to get flat head syndrome on one side of his head.

I bought him a lilla kuddis baby pillow, and it worked a treat!

Hi ladies

How are you all. Man these babies are keeping us so busy we have no time to catch up with each other!

Leanne how is your mum now? Hope she has got over her infection. How is Theon doing, have you managed to move him into his cot?

Rose, did you speak to the health visitor about Isobelle only lying her head to one side? Aw poor wee soul, I really hope that is the last of her tests now. Is she any more settled at night.

Nicola, so glad Caitlin is more settled now, I hope it is still the same. We only used size 1 tests for 1 day before moving to size 2. Think we will move to 3s soon.

Debbie how are you getting on?

Megan where are you? Not heard from you in ages!

We are getting on really good. Connor is now sleeping from between half 6/7 to half 6/7 in the morning most nights with the odd night of waking at 2 for a bottle. Can't believe how lucky we are having such a chilled out baby. He has his jags last week, he only cried at the second one and only for about a minute. I asked the health visitor about him sleeping through the night and she said it is fine and that is just the routine he has got himself into. She said as long as he is taking at least 5 bottles a day then she isn't worried. Looking forward to getting him weighed again at 12 weeks to see where he is on his centiles now.

xxxxx

I've just got back from seeing Health Visitor, she said mention it at 6-8wk check (which she isn't having until she'll be nearly 10wks :dohh:) Also advised putting her on her tummy for short periods of time too, I'll give it a go see if it helps. Shes 9lb7 now and following the 25th centile nicely.

Was still having a nightmare at night with her until last night, I read what Nicola had said about switching to number 2 teats and she slept for 4 and a half hours, it was absolute heaven. Not sure if it was a fluke or not, soon find out tonight I guess.

Has everyone had their postnatal checks yet, I'm still waiting for mine to come through.

Hope everyone is ok?

XxX

Hope it wasn't a fluke Rose! Caitlin is still being a lot better since I switched her teats. She still has her grisly days but it's not a patch on what she was like before. We're down to one wake up per night now at 4am. She tends to sleep from 10pm to 4am, then 4:40ish til 7:30am when Steven goes out to work. I just blacked the bedroom out a couple of days ago though and today she slept til 8:30am and yesterday til 9:30am after a bottle at 7:30 so I think being in a dark room is helping her sleep a bit later. Could still be a coincidence though I guess. Just need to work on getting her to bed a bit earlier now so that we can get some time to ourselves!

Suze you're so lucky that Connor sleeps so well, that must be amazing! We've started doing bath, bottle, bed routine this week now that she's settled on her feeds and we're trying to bring it forward 15 mins each night til we achieve a decent bedtime!

I had my 6 week check at 5w6d. I didn't wait for anything coming through I just rang my GP and made an appointment as I was desperate to get sign off to drive again. Can you not ring them and book it in? Caitlin has her 8 week check booked for 31st July then gets her jabs on 3rd August :( got her weighed on Monday and she is 11lb 3oz and on 75th centile - little chunk!

Hope everyone is doing well. How is the weight loss going for you all? I've been struggling to find the motivation but going to start taking Caitlin swimming once she has her jabs so hopefully that will help.

Can I ask, has anyone had their periods return yet? Is it normal for them to be really heavy after having a baby? Mine came back on Monday and it's the heaviest I've ever known!

Arsey receptionist told me they'd send for me but they were running behind, you're telling me they are lol. Don't want to ask her again, she scares me! No period for me yet, thought it was on its way last week with some pinky discharge but it didn't come to anything XxX

Looks like the night before was a fluke, she was back to her usual self last night arghhhh! She does have a nasty cold though so i'll let her off XxX

She slept through the night, woohoo!!! :) Ashleigh must be setting a trend Megan! We put her down at 8:30 last night and she slept til 6:30 this morning. I thought she was going to wake up at 4am as she was squirming about a bit but I left her and she went quiet again. Oh I hope this is the start of a routine!

Yay! Thats great news :happydance: No such luck here, still waking twice in the night but hopefully not for much longer. I'm like the walking dead lol XxX

Had a nightmare on Thursday night... Caitlin woke at 2am for a bottle and while Steven was feeding her she filled her nappy so he went to change her and 2 mins later he shouted of me. I went in and her nappy was filled with streaks of bright red blood in her poo! I nearly had a heart attack :(

Rang NHS Direct and they said as she was under 3 months we needed to get her checked immediately so we spent the next 2 hours in A&E getting her checked over. It was a bit of a relief as she was very smiley when the doctors were checking her so I knew she wasn't in pain or anything but they still have no idea what caused it. They said possibly a burst blood vessel from straining too hard but it was very runny so I doubt that was the cause. Plus we were awake when she was filling it and she didn't seem to strain at all!

We've got to monitor her nappies for the next few days which isn't exactly fun but I'm just so glad my little girl is ok x

Oh god, what a nightmare. Izzy had a bit of that whilst she was in hospital and they weren't concerned about it even though i was frantic. Shes had small amounts since but they never amounts to anything. Hope all is well with Caitlin. Got a question, who's still waiting for their period? I know they can take months to return but i've had nothing yet and feel like a complete PMT bitch at the mo and for the past few weeks too. Hope i'm not going through the change lol XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->