May Buds and June Bug 2012 Mummy's Club

She's ok now thanks, there's been no more blood since thank god! She got an eye infection yesterday though so she's really in the wars at the min :( it was thick of green gunk yesterday and she could barely open it so we went to Boots to see if they could recommend anything but they said she was too young so we had to take her to the walk in centre. Took her along only for them to say they don't see babies under 2 years old as they don't have a GP on site so they referred us to an out of hours doctor. Turns out she has viral conjunctivitis poor little thing. We have to keep cleaning it with cooled boiled water and he said it should go within a couple of days. She gets her jabs this week so I'm hoping she's better by then or they won't give her them!

My period came a few weeks ago, it was awful! Make the most of not having them, they'll be back soon enough :) have you had your 6 week check yet? Could you mention it to your GP?

awww sorry to hear about her infection. Izzy has had a terrible blocked nose, was affecting her feeding and disturbing her sleep. I know its not recommended but last night i wafted a vicks nasal inhaler near her nose and i think it did the trick as halfway through the night she was crying as she'd bought all phlem and lumps of bogies up in the moses basket. Was all in her hair and over her babygrow but at least her nose was clear! No havent had check yet but izzy gor her 6-8 wk check on thurs so i'll ask when i'm getting mine then. Also no immunisation appointments for her either. I'm not impressed XxX

Hi ladies, sorry i've not deserted you i have had a terrible week this week. :(
A good friend of mine had her baby girl on wednesday, sAdly she died 13 hours later. It was so unexpected. I feel so very lucky to have Ashleigh.
It's just all so sad :'(

And on other news. Ashley is sleeping through and.................... has a TOOTH!

Thats terrible news megan, so very sad :-( do they know what caused it? As for your other news thats great, can't believe she has a tooth already! XxX

Well when she was born she didn't breath so they tried putting a tube down her throat but they didn't know she had a gap down the side of her windpipe so the tube was just gong to the side. In the end i guess she was brain damaged :( It's really is so sad. It's going to be a long hall, recovering from this. I keep looking at Ashleigh and crying. The poor girl's milk come in yesterday........ heartbreaking :(

Oh no, that is absolutely awful! :( It's like the worst nightmares that you have during pregnancy coming true. I can't even imagine going through all those months of preparing for a baby and then having something as terrible as that happening. I don't even know the girl and I'm almost crying :(

Great news that Ashleigh is sleeping through! Caitlin only done it the once but she was a proper grinch the next day so I'm not entirely sure I want her to do it again just yet :) she only wakes once a night so I can deal with that for now! Can't believe Ashleigh has a tooth already, that's very early!

Aw poor Izzy! Hope she gets over her cold soon. It's awful when they're not well isn't it? I felt like crying every time I looked at Caitlin's poor little eye. It seems loads better now so I think she's over the worst of it! The health service in your area are shocking! All the problems you had with your midwife and now making you wait so long for your checkup and Izzy's jabs! Caitlin's checkup is tomorrow and if she's fit and well then she gets her jabs on Friday. I thought the idea of the checkup was to give the go ahead for them to get their jabs?

I don't remember having to wait this long before but it was a long time ago and things have changed by the looks of it. Really feel for your friend Megan, no words can make it any better but i hope shes bearing up. XxX

Izzy has started turning her head to the left :happydance:hopefully her head will become normal shape again soon XxX

Sorry. Haven't had a chance to back track. What is the matter with izzies head? X

She wasn't/couldn't turn it to the left, so as a result has got a flat head on one side. Its official name is torticollis, its looking like its sorting itself out on its own. Health visitor said mention it when she has her check on thurs and doctor might do a referral but thankfully it looks like that wont be necessary now :) XxX

fingers crossed!! x
Ashleigh now weighs 10lb 2oz. she had her jabs today :(

I am so sorry about your friend that's the worst news ever.

As for periods I had my first one this week, so anyone who hasn't had one, no worries being as I had baby first your periods should come along soon.

How come your babies are sleeping through the night? I am well gel!!!!

xxx

Period? I haven't even stopped bleeding since giving birth!!!!!

I don't expect Ashley will sleep tonight. She had her jabs today and also she woke up once last night.

Izzy doesn't go through the night either, last night was great only up twice. Night before five times between 11pm and 6.30am she was being a complete monkey! As for period it can't be much longer for me, feel so rough like being pregnant again! Must be the torrent of pmt hormones! Wish they'd send izzy's immunisations through, they're sooo slow here. Thats really crap for you still bleeding megan :-( XxX

My baby has her jabs today :( I'm dreading it!

It was supposed to be tomorrow and Steven had the day off work to take her in but I got a reminder text yesterday saying it was today so now I'll have to take her on my own. I really hope she doesn't get too upset!

Good luck, i'm sure she'll be fine :hugs: Although I wish they'd hurry up and get Izzy's sorted, i'm dreading it too as I think shes been prodded and poked enough in her little life already XxX

Ashleigh had her's and honestly it was horrible. But she got over it within less than 2 minutes. Just have a bottle/boob on hand for comfort xx

Ashleigh slept most of the day and night but was up once. last night she was up 4 times!!!

Izzy is now 10lb 5 :happydance: got her jabs on 16th Aug. Apparently they don't routinely do post natal checks, i should have got a letter telling me. This isn't what i was told when i first asked 8 weeks ago. I know the nhs pay my wages but my god they're shit sometimes lol XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->