May Due Dates ! Let's start a thread

Good morning!

I have the weirdest dreams at night! Today was the first day I've woken up feeling tired, I've had a lot of energy during the day and I seem to just crash in the evening. My body is working hard so I'm going to try and take it easy for a few days. I missed my usual yoga class because i was famished and had to a eat a full dinner. i hate going to yoga full, and ive been so gassy lately i was afraid something embarrassing might happen! I've got family coming in from out of two this weekend, my daughter is having a birthday party. Anther reason I should chill a couple days :winkwink:

I am also trying to get my husband excited about being pregnant. I think he thought it would take longer to conceive, so now he is in disbelief and thinking of all the things we need to do. I would love it if he wild be just be a smidgen more interested :dohh: I think he will be more on board once we have our first appointment.

How's everyone else doing?

Magpies. Congrats on your Bfp. I think with ivf Bfp you're even more crazy than other ttc bfps's. i think its because your on th rollercoaster from the pill and those injections more thn a month before there's any talk of eggs let alone embies. And you're convinced it won't work too!!! Anyway it's so exciting to have a Bfp so sticky beans for everyone. Xx

Littlelotus ... My bf is kinda in disbelief too but he is being super supportive. We talked about kids but I told him it would probably take at least a yr if not more to conceive bc I thought I'd need Clomid. So imagian his shock when it only took one month! I almost feel bad for him hehe.

So ... At this first appointment ... Are they gonna do an internal ultrasound? I read something about them doing blood work and a regular exam to make sure all is well but I really wanna see the little bean in there and so does everyone else! It's almost as though they don't believe me. Trust me people I'm not faking the nausea and hot flashes!

Bf and I picked out names... I know it's soon but it's exciting. Mason for a boy and Mackenzie (Kenzie) for a girl.

Magpies. Congrats on your Bfp. I think with ivf Bfp you're even more crazy than other ttc bfps's. i think its because your on th rollercoaster from the pill and those injections more thn a month before there's any talk of eggs let alone embies. And you're convinced it won't work too!!! Anyway it's so exciting to have a Bfp so sticky beans for everyone. Xx

Definitely. I had convinced myself it hadn't worked. So much so I expected the test to be negative even all the signs were pointing to the fact that I was!

Lotus be careful with yoga because I know there are some poses that ate my suitable in pregnancy.

My other half (husband to be, we get married in December) is super excited and supportive. We both wanted this so badly. It's our miracle!!

sooo tired today! gassy too! and moments of sucky feeling, which didn't start till 6 weeks with dd!

how's everyone else doing?

Littlelotus ... My bf is kinda in disbelief too but he is being super supportive. We talked about kids but I told him it would probably take at least a yr if not more to conceive bc I thought I'd need Clomid. So imagian his shock when it only took one month! I almost feel bad for him hehe.

So ... At this first appointment ... Are they gonna do an internal ultrasound? I read something about them doing blood work and a regular exam to make sure all is well but I really wanna see the little bean in there and so does everyone else! It's almost as though they don't believe me. Trust me people I'm not faking the nausea and hot flashes!

Bf and I picked out names... I know it's soon but it's exciting. Mason for a boy and Mackenzie (Kenzie) for a girl.

I think it depends on when you go in for your first appointment. If you go in around 8 weeks, which is what is suggested, they might do a vaginal ultrasound and have a little look see at your cervix (it should turn blue), if you go in earlier they might either have you pee in a cup or draw blood to confirm the pregnancy since it would be too early to see anything with the v-ultrasound. They'll also answer any questions you have, and give you a run down of all your options. You should do some research about what kind of birth you are hoping for.

With my first, I started the pregnancy going to an obstetrician. I think the longest he ever talked to me was 15 minutes. At that point, I realized that wasn't how I wanted the pregnancy and birth to be handled. I ended up going with a Midwife-all my appointments were scheduled for an hour so I could ask any questions I wanted and not feel rushed. The birth was amazing, I did it at a birthing center and ended up having a water birth. They even came to my house a few times after I gave birth to make sure everything was going well, and assist me with nursing if I needed it. I don't think I will ever be able to give birth in a hospital, unless I'm really high risk for some reason.

I'm just saying, before your appointment, research everything and figure out what works for you. Every one has an expectation of what they want their birth experience to be like. One of the most important considerations is how much intervention you're comfortable with.

Research things like episiotimies, caesarians, vacuum extraction, epidurals, what your insurance covers, hospitals in your area, birthing centers in your area, nursing support by the hospital or birthing centers and the statistics for both (what is the rate of all the interventions or how often women need to go to the hospital for intervention), and from there you will start learning more about what is important to YOU and how you want to generate your birthing plan. I would also look up labor doulas, sometimes you can find an apprentice that will help you for little to no money. Even if your partner will be in the delivery room with you, they can be really great about making sure your birth plan is honored. Sometimes when you're in labor, your BF or DH will be so freaked out they just go along with whatever the doctor said, even if it isn't in you best interest. A Doula can help keep things in perspective.

WOW, sorry I just went on a long rant. I basically just purged all the things going through my head right now :dohh:

I think it depends on when you go in for your first appointment. If you go in around 8 weeks, which is what is suggested, they might do a vaginal ultrasound and have a little look see at your cervix (it should turn blue), if you go in earlier they might either have you pee in a cup or draw blood to confirm the pregnancy since it would be too early to see anything with the v-ultrasound. They'll also answer any questions you have, and give you a run down of all your options. You should do some research about what kind of birth you are hoping for.

With my first, I started the pregnancy going to an obstetrician. I think the longest he ever talked to me was 15 minutes. At that point, I realized that wasn't how I wanted the pregnancy and birth to be handled. I ended up going with a Midwife-all my appointments were scheduled for an hour so I could ask any questions I wanted and not feel rushed. The birth was amazing, I did it at a birthing center and ended up having a water birth. They even came to my house a few times after I gave birth to make sure everything was going well, and assist me with nursing if I needed it. I don't think I will ever be able to give birth in a hospital, unless I'm really high risk for some reason.

I'm just saying, before your appointment, research everything and figure out what works for you. Every one has an expectation of what they want their birth experience to be like. One of the most important considerations is how much intervention you're comfortable with.

Research things like episiotimies, caesarians, vacuum extraction, epidurals, what your insurance covers, hospitals in your area, birthing centers in your area, nursing support by the hospital or birthing centers and the statistics for both (what is the rate of all the interventions or how often women need to go to the hospital for intervention), and from there you will start learning more about what is important to YOU and how you want to generate your birthing plan. I would also look up labor doulas, sometimes you can find an apprentice that will help you for little to no money. Even if your partner will be in the delivery room with you, they can be really great about making sure your birth plan is honored. Sometimes when you're in labor, your BF or DH will be so freaked out they just go along with whatever the doctor said, even if it isn't in you best interest. A Doula can help keep things in perspective.

WOW, sorry I just went on a long rant. I basically just purged all the things going through my head right now :dohh:

Aw thanks for the advice! I know that I want a natural birth. I would really like to go to a birthing center but I know my bf isn't on board for that. I also don't currently have insurance so ill have to go through the state and I'm not sure if they honor birthing centers and midwives. Guess its time to do some research!!

Aw thanks for the advice! I know that I want a natural birth. I would really like to go to a birthing center but I know my bf isn't on board for that. I also don't currently have insurance so ill have to go through the state and I'm not sure if they honor birthing centers and midwives. Guess its time to do some research!!

You would be surprised. A lot of states cover birthing centers and natural births, because quite honestly, it's usually half the price to cover you.

sooo tired today! gassy too! and moments of sucky feeling, which didn't start till 6 weeks with dd!

Feel a bit meeeah today. Trying combat the ms with nibbling ginger biscuits. Feels better but no appetite. Have to remind myself to eat!! Very tired too. Really busy time for us. I start a new job on Monday (won't they be pleased when I tell them I'm pregnant!!) and we just sold our house so are viewing at the weekend and hoping to move before christmas. I'm not stressed with all this it's all good things.
My only thing is "let's get to 12 weeks".
When can I truly believe its all going to be ok?!?!?!? I guess I'm just tired today.
Anyone else feeling floppy?? :hugs:

Feel a bit meeeah today. Trying combat the ms with nibbling ginger biscuits. Feels better but no appetite. Have to remind myself to eat!! Very tired too. Really busy time for us. I start a new job on Monday (won't they be pleased when I tell them I'm pregnant!!) and we just sold our house so are viewing at the weekend and hoping to move before christmas. I'm not stressed with all this it's all good things.
My only thing is "let's get to 12 weeks".
When can I truly believe its all going to be ok?!?!?!? I guess I'm just tired today.
Anyone else feeling floppy?? :hugs:

I'm feeling kind of floppy myself. I am not having MS, but i don't have much of an appetite. I'm also feeling really bloated!

When are you guys going to tell work? I work in private security so I'm a little concerned with waiting... I already got into an altercation last week and was worried. But no cramping or bleeding so I'm assuming everything is ok. They are going to freak :( but I know legally they have to accommodate my needs and they can't cut my hours. Work and "getting to 12 weeks" is weighing on my mind.

Turtle I started a new job in July just before Ivf so worrying about telling them. Lol.

I'm gonna POAS tomorrow to check its still positive.

I was just watching hairy bikers and it brought me to tears. Not quite sure why? It wasn't sad!

OH is just running me a bath as hopefully it'll ease my aches.

I'm exhausted.

Oooh moving house how exciting. We get married in December and still alot to do! Eek!!

xxx

When are you guys going to tell work? I work in private security so I'm a little concerned with waiting... I already got into an altercation last week and was worried. But no cramping or bleeding so I'm assuming everything is ok. They are going to freak :( but I know legally they have to accommodate my needs and they can't cut my hours. Work and "getting to 12 weeks" is weighing on my mind.

I'm not sure when to tell work! I am kind of nervous about it because I'm due right before our busy season! The company is too small to qualify for FMLA, so they're not required to keep my job. I guess I'm going to tell them at 12 weeks (or maybe sooner if I have to take time off work for appts).

I'm starting to save every penny I can now so I can make sure I will get enough time with the baby before I have to find a new job...just in case.

Is it over 50 employees for fmla? I think we might have around 90.. That's cutting it close! I've seen them accommodate for other employees that have had surgeries or injuries. So hopefully it won't be a problem... We have a dispatch unit and office jobs. I'm trying my hardest to save money for the baby but we are also moving in together and plan on getting married. His family offered to help with money but he is remfusing it. Men ...

Yup, it needs to be over 50. My company only has 22, so we're waaay off. I think if I just prove my worth, then I will be ok. I just worry that they won't give me as much time as I would like. I might be able to come back part time for a while though.

On a side note- I'm having my first weird craving! my last pregnancy I had NO cravings. Right now my mouth was watering for some pretzels and mustard! It's so good. :happydance:

Hi Ladies, I'll join you all. I'm due May 14! I have an appointment on Thursday. I'm praying we see the heartbeat. Just like everyone else, I can't wait to get to 12 weeks!

Magpies. That's so funny! I'm thinking of telling work straight away as they ant do a anything about it. It's a great job and I want to return to it.

Ohhhh getting married!! Ok moving house it's definitely easier!!

And I was also blubbing today, listening to George Michael praying for time in the car on Chris Evans breakfast. George Michael fer crying out loud!!!!! LOL

Hi all! I was invited over. I still can't believe I made it to this board!

My name is Terra, I have been married almost 7 years, finally got my BFP thanks to IVF! We've been TTC for 6 years!

Congrats to all you ladies as well! <3

So here's a question for you ladies:

If any of you currently are working, how and when will you be telling your boss? I work for a small company, so if I tell one person, the whole company will know. On the other hand, I am not entirely certain what my companies Maternity plan is, so I need to research that subtly before making the announcement. I have no idea how to casually ask something like that!

What are you guys going to do work-wise, will you be going back to work or staying home with your LO's?

I've been at my job for almost 9 years, so I just walked in and said I'm sorry I have another appointment on Monday (becasue I was out for a week on IVF bedrest after transfer) for an ultrasound, because I'm pregnant.

He got up and gave me a hug. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->