May/Early June Mommas

Me too?!
I'm Kirsty - due a boy on 21st May. He will be our second baby because we already have a daughter, Sophie who is 16 months old. In the beginning I was terrified at the concept of having 2 under 2 but the excitement has definitely set in now.
We're getting married when I will be 33 weeks because it was already booked when I got my bfp so that is mostly taking over my life right now.
I predict that this baby will be born on 28th May (Sophie was 10 days past my due date) and will weigh 8lbs 9 oz. Sophie was 8lb 11oz but I have a feeling (and a hope) that this one is smaller. I have a gtt on Monday because my mum is an insulin dependent diabetic and there were a few things during my last pregnancy that indicate I may have had gd. I have to starve for HOURS! Think its all going to come back normal though.
How is everyone finding work at the moment? I am a nurse on an acute admissions ward and we do full time hours over 3 days a week. Some days are fine and other days I feel like crying my the time it gets to 5 o'clock because I'm so tired. I keep toying with the idea of getting a sick note from the doctor for stress and then telling myself to get s grip lol.

I'm with you! I'm a midwife and we do 2 x 14.5 hour days and 1 x 10 hour night a week. I have a 17 month old and am 29+5. I go on maternity leave next week, I don't know about you but I am exhausted! My toddler doesn't sleep through the night and my work is so physical and looooooong. Good on you for keeping going :).

Hi Ladies, can I join this group?! I'm due 5/5 :) Team blue!!!

Me too?!
I'm Kirsty - due a boy on 21st May. He will be our second baby because we already have a daughter, Sophie who is 16 months old. In the beginning I was terrified at the concept of having 2 under 2 but the excitement has definitely set in now.
We're getting married when I will be 33 weeks because it was already booked when I got my bfp so that is mostly taking over my life right now.
I predict that this baby will be born on 28th May (Sophie was 10 days past my due date) and will weigh 8lbs 9 oz. Sophie was 8lb 11oz but I have a feeling (and a hope) that this one is smaller. I have a gtt on Monday because my mum is an insulin dependent diabetic and there were a few things during my last pregnancy that indicate I may have had gd. I have to starve for HOURS! Think its all going to come back normal though.
How is everyone finding work at the moment? I am a nurse on an acute admissions ward and we do full time hours over 3 days a week. Some days are fine and other days I feel like crying my the time it gets to 5 o'clock because I'm so tired. I keep toying with the idea of getting a sick note from the doctor for stress and then telling myself to get s grip lol.

Kristy your baby sophie is BEAUTIFUL!

finding work exhausting as well. mixed blessing that i either am on on on days nights weekends or have some quieter times where i can go lay down for an hour at home. feel lucky to have the job right now though.

Endlessblue: Not sure what my measurements were. I didn't get a copy of the measurements, just trusted the doc that all was fine. If you and hubby are tall, I wouldn't worry about a longer femur. :)

Proudparent: That's tough. How long would it take for hubby to get to the hospital if he were working? I would say that if you are set on having a natural delivery, go with it. I'm sure your husband will do all he can to get there in time, but in the meantime, would your friend be willing to act as your birth coach? Are there doulas in your area that don't charge too much? I do think that doing it naturally will be more stressful without him there, so definitely weigh the pros and cons of being induced vs. a natural birth. I'm sorry you're in this situation. :hugs:

ETA: Welcome, Qwerty! You've been added to the first post :)

Unfortunately all I have here is my obgyn no doulas or midwives in my area I have checked into it all. It's hard to say with his job when he would make it back as to some work is out of town some out of state! Very few out of state but a lot out of town like 1-2 hours away. So I really don't know about that aspect which is why it's so hard to get him back in sudden times like this. And a lot of times depending where he is he is not allowed to have his cell phone so the people at the main office have to find a round about way to get a hold of him. So I am really in a bind I am sure she would be there as she will come to my home when contractions are starting and things as she lives 45 minutes away so that way she is sure she is here and that I have a ride to the hospital. So as far as her support that isn't an issue. It's just him and his work posing the problem. :shrug:

Welcome, Chook! Added your due date and prediction :) You sure have had a long road, looking at your signature. I'm so happy you're able to join us here!

Thank you so much LiLi2 x

I feel like I am the only one looking forward to the labor part getting here so I can meet my baby boy.... Am I alone here or are there any other May ladies looking forward to this as anxiously as I am?:shrug:

OH is finally showing some interest and looking at baby clothes that I am given before I get the chance and then going on and on about how cute they are ect. I love it! It's so nice to finally see him interested, excited, and involved in some way! :wohoo: :cloud9: :happydance:

I feel like I am the only one looking forward to the labor part getting here so I can meet my baby boy.... Am I alone here or are there any other May ladies looking forward to this as anxiously as I am?:shrug:

OH is finally showing some interest and looking at baby clothes that I am given before I get the chance and then going on and on about how cute they are ect. I love it! It's so nice to finally see him interested, excited, and involved in some way! :wohoo: :cloud9: :happydance:
I'm looking foward to it :) the next 12 weeks can't go fast enough if you ask me lol

Hi all! I'm not third tri quite yet but figured I'd hop over since second tri is difficult to relate to these days.

I'm due May 28th with little boy. I ovulated a week early and measured a week ahead in early scans so in my mind I'm due closer to the 21st! My first son was born May 21st so it's possible they'll share a birthday.

I'm hoping third tri goes slowly (I'm weird and nowhere near ready). I doubt that'll happen because we just bought a house and we're moving in March 15th eek!

Predictions: May 23rd, 8lb 1oz and 21 inches long.

Good luck with your move! :happydance: Great time to move house as well, as other people have to do all the heavy lifting for you so you can hopefully relax and drink tea :)
Thank you! I'm so happy we were able to move this quickly, it'll give my little one a chance to adjust to the new house before his little brother comes too! Also happy that mover's are doing all of the hard stuff. ;)

I've been so exhausted lately. My kiddo was sick for 5 days and had issues sleeping, and now that he's sleeping I'm sick and having issues sleeping argh! I can't catch a break. :haha: I feel like I need to tape my eyes open and have an IV for coffee.

I'm super pumped though! I just switched to what's supposed to be an amazing midwife clinic close to where we're moving to. :happydance: Dropped off the form to release my records from the ob and they're supposed to get back to me. Apparently they have to make sure I'm a 'good candidate' for midwifery care before officially accepting me as a patient? Assuming that just means make sure I'm not high risk, which I understand.

Yup i cant wait for labour. I just want to see how i handle it :) and see what she looks like :)

I'm extremely excited for labor if I can go into it. I want that, "Omg! I'm in labor!" moment so bad. :(

I'm massively excited about labour. I actually enjoyed it last time...

Ladies, quick question - what was your baby's femur length measurement at your 20 week scan? The sonographer asked if I'm tall (why couldn't she tell by looking at me?!) indicating that she thought it was longer than average. Just curious to know what everyone else's were?

Hi! My notes say FL was 31mm at 19+6. What was yours?

X

Ah, mine was 36mm... eek!

Endlessblue: Not sure what my measurements were. I didn't get a copy of the measurements, just trusted the doc that all was fine. If you and hubby are tall, I wouldn't worry about a longer femur. :)

I'm short at only 5ft and OH is about average for a man... My siblings are tall though, as are his aunts and uncles. Baby has been in my ribs for weeks now as I have a short body and I'm scared its going to break them :haha:

My FL was 32.something :') and very excited about labour especially after being there to witness the birth of my newest niece :) xxxx

Agree to a point. I want may here and meet my little girl. I am a FTM and not gonna lie, I am SO nervous about what to expect. I am horrible with pain but I do plan on an epidural if all goes ok. The whole concept scared the crap out of me but I know it will be SOOOO worth it. My DH is amazing and supportive so I'm very thankful to have him there.

Hi,im pregnant with no.12 due 28th may according to scan but 21st by my dates most of my babies came a week early so hoping i go around the 14th im having a boy ,hello to all of you.x

Femur length was 33.0mm and estimated weight 356g here. I'm 5ft 8 and hubby is 5ft 11 we were both under 7lb at birth but long.

I'm extremely excited for labor if I can go into it. I want that, "Omg! I'm in labor!" moment so bad. :(

I have this exact same feeling; really want to know what going in to natural labour feels like! I felt cheated last time due to my induction, so fingers crossed it won't be as late as it's brother!

Hello everyone just wondering when should I come over to third tri? I am 26+3

Some people come over early so you'll be more than welcome whenever :)... but 3rd tri starts 27weeks sweetie :)!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->