• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

https://purplecrying.info/what-is-the-period-of-purple-crying.php

Saw that this morning and liked how it explained the crying phase :)

Thank you for finding this and sharing. The evening part is spot on... always dinner time until bed!

Just learnt that the reason Lexi is being such a fussy baby at the minute is cos of the. 5 week wonder week. Nice to know I'm not alone and this is a known thing. Not great to read that the poor sleep, crankiness and 24hr cuddle requirement can last upto 7 days.

Here too! Her fussy phase is from 5pm till... Always starts at 5!! Right now she's nursing... For the past hour. If I pull her off she cries. I keep trying pacifiers and she hates them :dohh:

Oh man! So we had someone taking newborn photos in the afternoon yesterday... wouldn't you know she was fussy pants the ENTIRE 2 hours. She prob had the pacifier in 60% of the shots so she wouldn't scream. The photographer was going to look though to make sure there were some great ones and was really sweet about meeting again if she wanted more.

She was awake and crying ALL day today with naps max at 20 min. Got her to sleep at 9, the min I placed her into the crib eyes wide open and crying. Back out at 1130 and just slept till 230. Think she's milk coma and ready to sleep again.. f'x

Managed to get a few great pictures through all the tears!!! Can't wait to see the rest... :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_35375311197609.jpg
    IMG_35375311197609.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_39557223213543.jpg
    IMG_39557223213543.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_27259603450751.jpg
    IMG_27259603450751.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
Gorgeous pictures!

Lyle slept half 10-half 5 last night :cloud9:

So cute!

Arthur is going through a fussy phase too. He sleeps well, but only if I'm right there. OH looked after him this morning so I could take a nap and apparently hr cried for the entire hour. Then I woke up, took him, and within 5 minutes he was sound asleep. Well, now is not the time I'd choose to get a babysitter for the first time!

Breastfeading is a rollercoaster for us... Wednesday everything was going great, then yesterday he would not latch properly! It was so bad that the health visitor recommended that I try exclusively expressing for 24h... But today, it is going well again! I'm so confused and tired.

Hey guys! I've just realised I've completed my first month of Breastfeeding :)

Hannah - Congratulations on reaching your 1 month Breastfeeding milestone, that is brilliant! :D

Gaves- adorable! Pictures look great I love all her hair <3

Amour- I no longer like you :haha: I've gotten no more than 3-4 hours at a time

Fleur- I'm this same way. One day is great and I think we've got a hang of it just for the next day to be horrible! Right now I'm nursing her and having a moment where I feel like throwing In the towel!

Hannah- congrats

Hi ladies, only just found this thread lol

I'm probably going to be giving up nursing soon. She just is never satisfied from me alone and whatever hormones are released during nursing are making my PPD even worse. I never feel like myself when she's nursing. It's an awful, awful feeling. :( I'm glad she's been getting some breast milk but I can't keep this up. I'm starting to turn to the FF more and more. Even with the washing and sterilizing I find it less stressful. I feel more in control and I give her so many cuddles and kisses the whole time. I also love watching DH feed her and DS loves to help hold the bottle. I'm not going to quit BF just yet and I don't want to quit "cold turkey" either so she'll still be getting more breast milk for the time being.

I'm just thankful that FF is an option. Can't imagine what I would have done back in the day before formula.

I'm probably going to be giving up nursing soon. She just is never satisfied from me alone and whatever hormones are released during nursing are making my PPD even worse. I never feel like myself when she's nursing. It's an awful, awful feeling. :( I'm glad she's been getting some breast milk but I can't keep this up. I'm starting to turn to the FF more and more. Even with the washing and sterilizing I find it less stressful. I feel more in control and I give her so many cuddles and kisses the whole time. I also love watching DH feed her and DS loves to help hold the bottle. I'm not going to quit BF just yet and I don't want to quit "cold turkey" either so she'll still be getting more breast milk for the time being.

I'm just thankful that FF is an option. Can't imagine what I would have done back in the day before formula.

At least you gave it a shot. Do.whatever is best for you and baby and that includes emotionally and mentally. She needs all of you. Hope.it works out!

You have really really tried to make BF work, if it isn't then you should make the move to FF and feel incredibly proud of the great job you are doing!

Layla is 3 weeks today & 10 lbs even today as well :)

Such a big baby compared to Aleena who was like 12 lbs at 6 months lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"