May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

i think the decision has been made for me, decided to BF, top up with formula until supply built back up but LO couldnt latch properly and struggled to get anything and started getting really frustrated, so weve made decision to ff now ill use up what i have expressed and go on to fully FF i know it will be easier in the long run especially as DD is feeling very pushed out by me at the min shes been so used to having my 100 per cent attention to pretty much very little this way on my mums days off i can ask her to have O for an hour or so to let me spend some quality time with DD.

Feel very sad that my BF days are over but I know it will work out for the best......hopefully

Stargazing, it makes me feel very sad knowing he will be my last really wish i could keep him this small forever! especially knowing how fast it goes!

Ive just not long got back from the walk in DR's, ive managed to get an infection in my c section wound so course of antibiotics for me!

How long are your babies staying awake for out of interest? O seems to wake feed change and back to sleep he lasts pretty much 45 mins to an hour at the min!x

I made the same decision re FF she just wasn't getting full BF so we were topping up with formula then she started to struggle to latch, I was able to express 1 feed a day for the first 10 days. We still do skin to skin several times a day and eye contact during every feed so I feel she is getting the bonding and closeness.

Lexi generally stays awake anywhere for about an hour between naps.

i think the decision has been made for me, decided to BF, top up with formula until supply built back up but LO couldnt latch properly and struggled to get anything and started getting really frustrated, so weve made decision to ff now ill use up what i have expressed and go on to fully FF i know it will be easier in the long run especially as DD is feeling very pushed out by me at the min shes been so used to having my 100 per cent attention to pretty much very little this way on my mums days off i can ask her to have O for an hour or so to let me spend some quality time with DD.

Feel very sad that my BF days are over but I know it will work out for the best......hopefully

Stargazing, it makes me feel very sad knowing he will be my last really wish i could keep him this small forever! especially knowing how fast it goes!

Ive just not long got back from the walk in DR's, ive managed to get an infection in my c section wound so course of antibiotics for me!

How long are your babies staying awake for out of interest? O seems to wake feed change and back to sleep he lasts pretty much 45 mins to an hour at the min!x

I made the same decision re FF she just wasn't getting full BF so we were topping up with formula then she started to struggle to latch, I was able to express 1 feed a day for the first 10 days. We still do skin to skin several times a day and eye contact during every feed so I feel she is getting the bonding and closeness.

Lexi generally stays awake anywhere for about an hour between naps.

see he was getting full he was very content been BF I introduced bottle so DH could help so i could spend some time with DD but I need to do whats going to make our family life easier!

PS i didnt realise that re pre made formula, i have noticed hes struggled to go for a poop when hes had a lot of formula might try the premade to see if that helps! x

2 weeks today already!!! Molly is doing amazing and still sleeping all the time. So far breastfeeding is working and pumping a few times a day in between. I understand the rule now of nap when she naps as its a wonderful thing!

Anyone else getting really bad restless leg cramps? Every afternoon/night I get really fidgety and achey.

Long evening with a grumpy baby but she has finally gone down :D

Hope everyone else is ok.x

You're lucky gaves, my LO doesn't want to sleep much during the day :haha: only way I've found to get him to nap is put him on my chest in a carrier or under my shirt.
He's napping right now but judging by how sore my breast is, he's about to wake up to feed. Amazing how in sync our bodies have become!

j will only sleep well if on someone. usually me... I can get her to sleep in her bassinet until the first wake up to eat, after that, she wants nothing to do with it. I don't mind, as I'm pretty sure she's my last. I'm taking full advantage of the snuggles.

Rosie, I'm sorry BFing didn't work out for you. you are doing what works for your family, and that's nothing to feel bad about.

Rant alert!

I hat when people are late without good reason, my friends were due to come round and meet Lexi at 2pm, they texted this morning saying it would be 3pm, at 3pm they texted to say it would be closer to 4pm. At 4pm they texted to say they had just got in from walking the dogs so needed to get changed and it would be about 45 mins.

So I have been waiting in all afternoon and they aren't here yet.

Pissed off!!!!

Bleugh! I hate that! People just assume your gonna say in all day

Rosie - sorry you had to face such a hard choice! But you've defo made the right choice for you!

And the longest Noah has stayd awake for is 5 hours :haha:

Rosie - I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time trying to decide whether to Breastfeed or Formula Feed. It really is a tough decision and it makes a lot of Mummies feel guilty, I have been through it twice also. You have to do what's best for you and your little one :hugs:

Jayden has started to have spells during the day where he does stay awake, more often than not though, he will wake up, I'll change him, feed him and then he will fall back to sleep.

Stargazer - They do say that time flies when you're having fun :D

Wannabe - I'm glad to hear that you found a cure for your little's one's constipation, it really is no fun being constipated! :(

Gaves - Happy 2 weeks to Molly for yesterday! I have always suffered with restless legs, it's so annoying!

We've switched to formula to, I just couldn't keep up with how much he needed to feed with breastfeeding!

Hi ladies just coming over from the labor watching threads...didn't realise there was a may babies parenting thread :')! I think ive talked to a few of you before on the others but for those I haven't... hi there :)! Xxxx

We've switched to formula to, I just couldn't keep up with how much he needed to feed with breastfeeding!

is he drinking much formula wise?
im totally shocked as to how much O is drinking hes pretty much draining 5oz bottles and has around 7oz at bedtime yesterday he had 34oz :O im hoping its just a growth spurt lol or this little man will be eating us out of house and home! the most DD ever drank in a day was 22oz lol

Going to take him to get weighed tomorrow he was 8lb at 2weeks 1day and 8lb6oz 2 days later he will be 3weeks 6 days but he feels massive im going to guess around 10lb lol! hes going to be a right chunk! makes a change from a having a skinny baby! x

We are doing good. A odd time she will stay up for half a hour before falling back to sleep after feeds.

I can't wait for my milk to go though. After she spent the last 2 hours crying on and off my boobs hurt :dohh:

At the hospital they told me to put something cold when my boobs hurt after feeding. Have you tried that? Putting something hot on them will increase lactation, cold is supposed to do the opposite...
Now that I think about it, if I needed to reduce my let down, why the hell did they tell me I didn't have enough milk for my son?

I thought Arthur's growth spur was over but it looks like we're still in the middle of it. Feeding all the time, disturbed sleep, crying for no apparent reason around midnight... fun times.

My baby has been replaced with a little piglet. She was guzzling down so much milk all night, can only assume she's hitting a growth spurt cos 2 week olds shouldn't be having 5oz bottles surely ??

is he drinking much formula wise?
im totally shocked as to how much O is drinking hes pretty much draining 5oz bottles and has around 7oz at bedtime yesterday he had 34oz :O im hoping its just a growth spurt lol or this little man will be eating us out of house and home! the most DD ever drank in a day was 22oz lol

Going to take him to get weighed tomorrow he was 8lb at 2weeks 1day and 8lb6oz 2 days later he will be 3weeks 6 days but he feels massive im going to guess around 10lb lol! hes going to be a right chunk! makes a change from a having a skinny baby! x

He drinks 3oz every 4-5 hours sometimes he goes 6 hours!
Let us know what weight your boy is now:) looking forward to hearing!
We got Lyle weighed yesterday and he was 8lb 15oz :shock:! Birth weight was 8lb 10!

We at off to get weighed this afternoon too, hopefully mummy won't behave to set foot on the scales cos al I've been eating the last couple of weeks is junk!

Think Lexi will have put quite a bit on based on the number of outfits she's outgrown over the last 2 weeks!

Hi girls!! Can I join this thread?
My little man finally arrived at 41+1, I miss being on third tri so it's good to see this thread.
Here's my boy can't believe he's almost 3 days old!
We are trying to breast feed, my milk came in today but he's not very efficient at draining the breast I'm hoping he will start taking stronger sucks soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14