• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Daddiesgift - my son also puked a lot due to swallowed amniotic fluid. It stopped when he was 4 days old I think? Hope it'll stop for your daughter soon!

Can't believe Arthur will be 3 weeks old tomorrow!

Daddiesgift - Happy 1 day old to your Princess :cloud9:

I had bad after pains, they lasted about a week for me :(

Hannah - Way to go on the weight gain Noah! :D

Thanks Fleur!

A week! Oh sheesh I hope not! I better look into some other remedies instead of ibuprofen in that case.

Thanks all. :D

It's been pretty quiet here in our household. I had a failed VBAC/ELCS which sucked but I recovered beautifully, nothing like my first. DD has taken to being a big sister perfectly, she adores her little brother. DS is already a month, can't believe it! He is such an angel just like his sister. He sleeps from 9pm-9am waking only at 5am for a quick bottle and then goes back to sleep after 9am as well. He loves his sleep just like daddy and sissy! He usually eats about 4oz every 4 hours but may bump him soon. He's just a happy baby which has made the transition really fantastic.

https://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/shannonmtravis/10414596_10202978243309939_6656673350087231490_n_zps5627da5a.jpg

Our sweet one month old. :cloud9:

He's gorgeous Shannon! How are you feeling after your vbac not going well? I didn't get my vbac either :( and still can't stop thinking about what ifs :( xx

So sorry about your VBAC. :hugs:

I'm surprisingly okay for now. I still get sad seeing vaginal births on TV shows and such but Bryson was much larger than Tori especially head size and there was no way in hell he would've fit without making it a potentially dangerous situation like with Tori's so I'm glad we had the section before the labor progressed too far.

Anyone want the next one yet? :haha: I can't get out of my head how much I want number 3 :lol:

Well done for all these babies gaining all this lovely weight :)

Maybe :) I can't imagine A being my last and yet I can't imagine having 4 kids. With the girls being so much older 8 and 6 we might have another one then I would have 2 sets of 2 :) I don't know... Only time will tell!

:hi: glad to find the parenting thread. My princess is officially one day old :haha: no more babies for us! I love babies and toddlers but I'm over being pregnant and sanity and financially idk if we can take anymore :) I don't really feel sad about it atm.

Soooo sleepy! She was up every hour last night nursing, crying or puking :nope: been asleep the last 3.5 hours though :dohh: napping as soon as OH gets back from getting car fixed.

Anyone having bad after pains? I know they say it's increasingly worse with each kid but sheesh this is worse than most labor contractions! When did it pass for you?

Scarlett has also been throwing up. Midwife said it's just swallowed amniotic fluid and will pass but she seems so upset when she pukes :cry: anyone else's baby do this? My first did too but his never stopped and he was diagnosed with GERD :(
After birth pains are awful! They were the worst with my 2nd and not too bad this time. But generally from what I've heard the more bavies you have the more painful the after pains as your uterus has to work a bit harder to shrink back to size. Mine have virtually gone now just a few tiny ones when I nurse.
My bub also swallowed a lot of fluid and had been gagging and throwing up heaps in the 1st 3 days, he's only just managed to get it all out.. He's the only baby I've had that ended up in nursery so the midwives could watch him for a few hours as he was going it so often. It's hard to watch but hopefully she will get it all out soon :)

Thanks all. :D

It's been pretty quiet here in our household. I had a failed VBAC/ELCS which sucked but I recovered beautifully, nothing like my first. DD has taken to being a big sister perfectly, she adores her little brother. DS is already a month, can't believe it! He is such an angel just like his sister. He sleeps from 9pm-9am waking only at 5am for a quick bottle and then goes back to sleep after 9am as well. He loves his sleep just like daddy and sissy! He usually eats about 4oz every 4 hours but may bump him soon. He's just a happy baby which has made the transition really fantastic.

https://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/shannonmtravis/10414596_10202978243309939_6656673350087231490_n_zps5627da5a.jpg

Our sweet one month old. :cloud9:
Omg adorable!

My mother said on facebook that after her 3rd baby her midwife recommended some herbal tea and it did help with the after birth pains. I can't retrieve the post though, but I think she said it was lemon verbena. I could ask her if anyone's interested.

i felt afterpains too, the made me flinch a couple of times. apparently your not meant to feel them with number one especially if your not bf but i guess i was lucky :dohh:

I'm surprisingly okay for now. I still get sad seeing vaginal births on TV shows and such but Bryson was much larger than Tori especially head size and there was no way in hell he would've fit without making it a potentially dangerous situation like with Tori's so I'm glad we had the section before the labor progressed too far.

Noah was exactly the same, he's head is on the 99th percentile :shock: and he weighted 9lbs 8oz!! So I know it could have become dangerous :( but tw fact they said I couldn't try again makes me sad and that I've missed out

I had some wicked after pains with J. can't remember if I had any with G...

amour and Hannah, glad your feeling ok about your failed VBAC. you are both rock stars for trying!

J is doing well, 4 weeks old already :) breastfeeding hit a snag this week, no idea why, but she had a shit latch, only snacking, never seemed satisfied, She's been so fussy... after 5 days, my poor nipples are so sore... I was ready to say "f it" to breastfeeding, and all of a sudden, she decides to go back to proper latching and feeding, and is back to her content little self. no idea what the neck was going on, but I'm hoping it's over for good!

Had a freak out last night... first really rough night. Second wing and she was wide awake at 10pm and still up at 12. Finally fed and got her down to wake back up at 2. 330 she was still up.. again fed and got her back down. Once she went down she puked everywhere. Trying to clean her, change her and clean crib and DH had the balls to look at me and roll right back over. I snapped and stormed out of the room saying don't worry I got this without your help! He's been wonderful but he sucks at night being a heavy sleeper! Anyone else having meltdown moments?!

Daddiesgift - The Hospital only gave me Paracetomol for pain relief for the after pains aswell and they didn't even touch the sides!

Amour - Such a cutie! I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your VBAC but glad to hear that you are feeling ok about it :hugs:

Bumpin - Glad to hear that Miss J decided to latch back on again :thumbup:

Gaves - I'm sorry to hear about your freak out last night, your DH wasn't very supportive! :( I'm always having meltdowns as it's just me that gets up with Jayden through the night, my OH sleeps in the other room with Tyler so I'm constantly exhausted!

Had a freak out last night... first really rough night. Second wing and she was wide awake at 10pm and still up at 12. Finally fed and got her down to wake back up at 2. 330 she was still up.. again fed and got her back down. Once she went down she puked everywhere. Trying to clean her, change her and clean crib and DH had the balls to look at me and roll right back over. I snapped and stormed out of the room saying don't worry I got this without your help! He's been wonderful but he sucks at night being a heavy sleeper! Anyone else having meltdown moments?!

My hubby is back at work so in taking all the nights so he can be fresh for work. Idea being I'll nap during the day. Unfortunately today she's been wide awake all day wanting to play so I'm a touch sensitive.

I just had a bit if a cry cos I measured her and she's grown 2.5 inches since being born 16 days ago. My little baby's growing up, I need her to be tiny for a bit longer.

Noah was exactly the same, he's head is on the 99th percentile :shock: and he weighted 9lbs 8oz!! So I know it could have become dangerous :( but tw fact they said I couldn't try again makes me sad and that I've missed out

Yeah Tori was 6lbs, 5.4oz with a 12 3/4 head circumference and when she dropped into my pelvis she got stuck and distressed which caused the EMCS. She even had bruises from her head pushing into my pelvis during contractions. They said I had insufficient pelvic space. When my OB measured my pelvis he did say it was small but if I had a baby close to Tori's size a VBAC *might* work but Bryson was 7lbs, 8oz and a 14 1/4 head circumference, almost 2 inches larger than Tori's! So it explained why when I was in labor with contractions on top of each other why he wasn't decending! He didn't fit. :haha:

But I'm the same. If we have another there is no VBA2C for me. A little sad but I'll be okay.

So far nights have been relatively easy and I've only needed OH's once - but that one time I wish I hadn't asked him for anything because he got impatient with Arthur. Same thing when I need him to take care of our son while I'm in the bathroom. The whole time Arthur will be crying and OH will sit there repeating "hey hey stop crying" as if it would change anything. He's doing all the chores around the house, and he cooks, and he talks to LO if LO is in my arms... but leave the two guys together and suddenly OH is completely useless.
Oops I didn't mean to rant!

we started using the baby sleeping bags last night, he was only waking once up until a week ago for a feed of 4-5oz around 3am and then straight back to sleep but this last week since hes been wriggling about more hes been waking around 1.30-2am for around 2oz then again around 5 for another 1half to 2oz, i thought it could be him getting a bit chilly disturbing him, hoping i was ight as last night he was in bed for 7pm, i gave him a dream feed at around half 10 then he didnt wake until almost 4am and drained 5oz!

does anyone know if you can get sleeping bags with sleeves im thinking for the winter because his room is unfortunatley the coldest room in the house but cant say ive seen any anywhere :/

im quite lucky as in hubby will feed him through the night but when hes at work i do it because i feel bad that he ends up knackered for work but when hes off he will get up and feed him he however doesnt tend to here him wake not sure how mind! so it takes a good few nudges from me to "make" him here!!! he does do alot around the house though too so ireally cant complain!

Yeah Tori was 6lbs, 5.4oz with a 12 3/4 head circumference and when she dropped into my pelvis she got stuck and distressed which caused the EMCS. She even had bruises from her head pushing into my pelvis during contractions. They said I had insufficient pelvic space. When my OB measured my pelvis he did say it was small but if I had a baby close to Tori's size a VBAC *might* work but Bryson was 7lbs, 8oz and a 14 1/4 head circumference, almost 2 inches larger than Tori's! So it explained why when I was in labor with contractions on top of each other why he wasn't decending! He didn't fit. :haha:

But I'm the same. If we have another there is no VBA2C for me. A little sad but I'll be okay.
:hugs: it's made me feel so much better talking to you about it, thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->