• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Lexi has put on 4 oz so at 2 weeks old now weighs 8lb 15oz.

Is it wrong that I feel a little sad she's growing up, I want her to be my little squishie for ever.

We are doing good. A odd time she will stay up for half a hour before falling back to sleep after feeds.

I can't wait for my milk to go though. After she spent the last 2 hours crying on and off my boobs hurt :dohh:

At the hospital they told me to put something cold when my boobs hurt after feeding. Have you tried that? Putting something hot on them will increase lactation, cold is supposed to do the opposite...
Now that I think about it, if I needed to reduce my let down, why the hell did they tell me I didn't have enough milk for my son?

I thought Arthur's growth spur was over but it looks like we're still in the middle of it. Feeding all the time, disturbed sleep, crying for no apparent reason around midnight... fun times.

Yes something cold on your boobs will help, using heat helps with your let down, ive been in agony for 2 days so painful so last night i went to bed and had freezer blocks down my bra and ive woke up today with very little pain so does help!

My baby has been replaced with a little piglet. She was guzzling down so much milk all night, can only assume she's hitting a growth spurt cos 2 week olds shouldn't be having 5oz bottles surely ??

O drinks 4half to 5oz bottles hes 4 weeks tomorrow but has only been on formula since monday but prior this when i gave ebm in a bottle he would drink 5oz easily, O has managed to drink 7oz bottles before bed this week :O

Well had little man weighed today 12 days ago he was 8lb today he is a whopping 9lb2oz!!!! hes only been on formula since monday im starting to think the mummy milk he was getting had the calories of clotted cream lol! he had his 1st 0-3 month outfit on today on the big side mind, wheres my teeny newborn gone :cry:

Hi all! Nice to see some familar names from labour watch threads, and hello to those Ive not spoken to before :)

Little lady is doing well, growing up far too fast!!! Cant believe shes 10 days old already! I want her to stay tiny too!!! X

My little man is 1 month old today.. Wahhhhh!!! He is not a little newborn anymore... I hope he starts stretching he feedigs out a little more
At night... The most he has ever gone is 4 hours between feedings but it usually is more like 3 or 3.5 hours. I am exhausted all the time but really loving my snuggly little boy!

Anyone want the next one yet? :haha: I can't get out of my head how much I want number 3 :lol:

Well done for all these babies gaining all this lovely weight :)

Hannah, I'm feeling the same. j was meant to be our last, but I just can't get the feeling of needing a third out of my system. hubby agreed to wait until j is 2 to get snipped, I just feel so sad that I will never be pregnant, never get to meet a brand new squish ever again.

Anyone want the next one yet? :haha: I can't get out of my head how much I want number 3 :lol:

I know I want another one, but right now the idea sounds completely mad. Giving birth a second time? What a nightmare :haha:
I do miss my bump though. Pregnancy has been the only time in my life when I felt truly beautiful, even with the pain and general discomfort.

My LO doesn't seem to be getting as much weight as everyone else's, but I'm not worried. I was the same, gaining weight slowly yet perfectly healthy.

(Aww, he's dreaming right now and smiling in his sleep, my heart is melting!)

i would have at least another but for us unless it happens naturally which we pretty much doubt after 3 IVF's and 2 babies it wont happen, it makes me feel really sad that i know O will be our last I just want time to slow down so much, is it wrong i want to keep him in babygrows forever lol! x

Nic - I'm sorry to hear that the Breastfeeding didn't work out, I think it's because breast milk is a lot thinner than Formula and they digest it more quickly so therefore they are hungry more often! Little monkeys :cloud9:

Katie - Hiya :wave:

Misscalais - Hiya :wave:

Congratulations! Your little man is so cute! :cloud9:

Buggz - Hello :wave:

Stargazer - Happy 1 month old to your little one! I can't believe how fast our babies are growing up!

I can't believe that Jayden is 3 weeks old today! Currently battling his first cough and cold, poor little man! :( <3

Nic - I'm sorry to hear that the Breastfeeding didn't work out, I think it's because breast milk is a lot thinner than Formula and they digest it more quickly so therefore they are hungry more often! Little monkeys :cloud9:

Katie - Hiya :wave:

Misscalais - Hiya :wave:

Congratulations! Your little man is so cute! :cloud9:

Buggz - Hello :wave:

Stargazer - Happy 1 month old to your little one! I can't believe how fast our babies are growing up!

I can't believe that Jayden is 3 weeks old today! Currently battling his first cough and cold, poor little man! :( <3

poor little thing, O just getting over his 1st cold, started when he turned two weeks, still got a stuffy nose though, perils of having toddler sister i think! x

Rosie - Aww bless him, I hope O feels better soon. It's awful seeing them poorly! Sounds similar to us, Tyler also has a cold :( xx

So exciting to see more of the may emeralds over on this board now!

Think Molly is hitting a growth spurt. She has been gussied than usual the past 2 days and eating even more. With her eating I've still been able to pump 5-8 oz a few times a day. The hot and cold def helps. Refrigerated gel pads are the most amazing thing to sore Nipples

No way lol not after the painful labour/birth i had, my uterus packed up shop... Unless hubby pushing baby out there's no more bavies for us :haha: I'm so very sad that this is our last baby he's already growing so quickly and I look at how big my older boys are and I get sad, must be a bit of the baby blues kicking in.. Bit teary over everything lol

Hi ladies! Just found this! I know Bryson technically became an April baby but is it okay to be in here? I just don't know any of the April mom's and have spent the last 9 months with you lovely mamas. Congratulations to all! :flower:

Hi x_amour!

I would love to have more babies but financially we're a one baby household unless something dramatic happens.

In a completely different note I'm not sure whether to be impressed or disgusted that Lexi managed to do such a huge poo this morning that it exploded out of her nappy up to her armpits!!!

Hosing down a baby in the sink at 5am while hubby snores the night away there's something wrong with that.

welcome x_amour

:wave:

iv'e always wanted more than one lo but same as before not for a bit yet :haha:

Gaves - Sounds like Molly is doing great with her feeding and way to go on the pumping! :D

Amour - Of course we don't mind you joining this thread, like you said, we have all spent the last 9 months together! :hugs:

Wannabe - Got to love explosive poops! :haha:

Hannah - I would love to have another baby, not for a while yet though, if at all! We have two boys and would love a girl but that isn't guaranteed ;)

My OH was talking about the next baby about 5mins after Id given birth while I was doing skin to skin! I told him hes better off dropping that subject while I still remember how much pushing a baby out hurts!!! X

:hi: glad to find the parenting thread. My princess is officially one day old :haha: no more babies for us! I love babies and toddlers but I'm over being pregnant and sanity and financially idk if we can take anymore :) I don't really feel sad about it atm.

Soooo sleepy! She was up every hour last night nursing, crying or puking :nope: been asleep the last 3.5 hours though :dohh: napping as soon as OH gets back from getting car fixed.

Anyone having bad after pains? I know they say it's increasingly worse with each kid but sheesh this is worse than most labor contractions! When did it pass for you?

Scarlett has also been throwing up. Midwife said it's just swallowed amniotic fluid and will pass but she seems so upset when she pukes :cry: anyone else's baby do this? My first did too but his never stopped and he was diagnosed with GERD :(

Health visitor came today! Noah now is 9lbs 7oz! 1oz off birth weight! My little chunk :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->