• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Anyone else dealing w baby acne? What are you doing or not doing to help it? All of a sudden yest and today her face is a mess. Hot out now too though.

Noah's face is sooooo spotty! I asked hv and she said it was normal and it just goes on it's own xx.

Hey ladies sorry been off for a few days :) phone wouldn't work to get online...boo! Taylor was weighed again yesterday at 16days :) he's put 7oz on yay!! Hope you're all okay :) xxxx

I did nothing about baby acne and now it looks like it is going away :)

Arthur is very fussy today. We thought he had a fever, certainly looked like that, but his temperature is perfectly normal. I was told not the let him sucking for comfort but hey, who's dealing with a crying baby, the nurses at the hospital or me? He calmed down and finally fell asleep, that's all that matters.

Anyone else dealing w baby acne? What are you doing or not doing to help it? All of a sudden yest and today her face is a mess. Hot out now too though.

Yes Oliver still has spotty cheeks im pretty sure DD still got them at this point too, they should just go on there own x

Ugh. 5 weeks PP and the last week after I took off my steri strips my incision started bothering me really badly so I went to my OB and it's infected. :(

x_amour: ouch. Hope that clears up quickly for you

Fleur: I say, if it makes him happy, let him suck. I need a pacifier for miss J because she can't suck without transferring milk, so she ends up puking if she comfort sucks. He could be going through a bit of a growth spurt too, and actually NEEDS the milk.

Gaves: I dont pump daily, only once in a while and lately I haven't been able to pump much at all. She's going through a growth spurt again and seems to be nursing constantly so I think she's trying to boost my supply. I would say pumping that much a day is quite a lot, considering she is also taking milk away. As long as she doesn't seem bothered, I wouldn't worry, but keep an eye on symptoms of a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.

I know for formula fed babies, the required amount of food/day is 2-2.5 oz per pound, and I would imagine that breast milk babies is no more than 3 oz per pound. Miss J would need about 24 oz/day (at most) so 18 oz is almost enough to feed another baby!

Baby acne: I know of ladies who use coconut oil for baby acne and swear by it!

and on a creepy note... one of G's toys keeps randomly singing. There is nothing near it, and you have to push a button to get it to sing. The other night DH's electic toothbrush turned itself on...twice. My place freaks me out!

Ive found smaller feeds more often are helping with baby girls discomfort, along with infacol and sitting her upright. She still has some discomfort but shes managing to settle more now so shes not overtired like she was. Its hard work getting up every hour or so but rather that than her crying for hours at a time x

Oh god, what's a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance??

I don't think anyone is on the May labour watch threads anymore so I'll just announce here:

Hannah Faith finally arrived June 2nd at 1:30 in the morning after 19 hours of active labour and via forceps delivery. So it was an eventful delivery but I did get my VBAC. :) And actually, other than one or two tiny bruises, she has a really nice head for a baby delivered with forceps. It probably helps she was out in 2 or 3 pushes once they came into play.

She was 8 pounds 2 ounces at birth. She also has a head full of dark, wavy hair. DS was a blondie. I've found bonding with her a little easier than my son but then, she didn't spend her first week of life in NICU.

My recovery is decent, I suppose. Have a bladder infection but am on anti-biotics and I've already had my first BM. No where near as bad and scary as I was fearing. I have edema and low blood pressure something fierce though. 3 more days until my mom arrives and I'll essentially have a servant around the house so I can recover and focus on taking care of my two little munchkins. Ack! I'm a mother of two now! So happy. :cloud9:

I don't know if it's the bladder infection or result of the stitches, but I can't urinate unless I'm hovering and squirting the area with lukewarm water. It's kind of irritating! But if I don't I can only get a trickle that stings like the dickens!

And I've gone with combi-feeding for now. My BFing experience with DS was brief and horrible. Too much pressure. Now that the pressure of making sure DD is being nourished has been taken off I find it much easier to have patience in getting her to latch. Or, if she has a session where she only will nurse for a few minutes then I can let it go. I just make sure to put her on the boob during each feed even if only "for show". Had supply issues last time and figure it's likely I will again but if I can get a little bit into her each day that is already a huge victory.

I felt horrible guilt using formula with my boys so this time I really wanted it to work out. We are still exclusively breastfeeding but it's hard to forget what it was like to bottle feed . No pain! And my OH would always wake with baby and feed them so I could sleep.

Today was the first day I've had the postpartum sobs! I cried over several things. Mostly bfing and how I feel my boys need me and I'm unable to help :nope:

For ones bfing when did your nipples toughen up and pain subside?

congrats starry night! I've been on the emeralds page, waiting for your update :) glad you got your VBAC! nothing wrong with combo feeding if it works for your family.

Gaves: a foremilk hindmilk imbalance happens when baby is only getting the watery milk, it can be caused because baby is only snacking and eating small amounts very frequently, or baby is full before getting to the rich hind milk. you would see an increase in fussiness, and green stools. but if your Lo isn't bothered, I wouldn't worry.

daddiesgift: mine still hurt at 4 weeks, but I've been dealing with a tiny mouth/ large boob shallow latch, plus a nipple injury, and possibly thrush... definitely much better than the beginning for sure. I've read that a couple of weeks is normal, but any longer then baby's latch really needs to be assessed. have you had her latch checked? and have you had her looked at for a lip or tongue tie?

I know what you mean about the guilt of formula. it's sad the pressure placed on new mom's about breastfeeding. I Damn near put myself in the hospital over breastfeeding with G, that if miss J hadn't latched so readily, she would have been formula fed from day 1. so far, all our issues are workable and solvable over time.

infacol is brilliant for trapped wind and colic. i dunno about reflux though :shrug:

I hate the pressure placed on BF. Got heck for combi-feeding from the public health nurse today. I try to get away with exclusively BFing during a feed but DD is screaming not even 2 minutes later and will guzzle on the bottle. The hospital was the one telling me to give her the bottle because 3 hours after her first feed she still hadn't peed. If she has several feeds of just BF she doesn't pee or poo much. There is still time for it to get better but right now she needs more than what I can give.

I just hate the all-or-nothing approach. My son was exclusively FF'd and he turned out just fine. Also, I am so much happier this time around and feeling so much more relaxed about everything that I no longer panic when it takes awhile to get DD to latch properly. If there is a chance to switch to exclusive BF than I most likely will go ahead. But likewise, if BFing doesn't improve and it becomes obvious that my supply doesn't come in like last time than I will switch to FF. I just wish I could explain that to health staff once and then not have to justify it at every visit and get the "breast is best" spiel every time. When it comes to my babies I don't make my decisions lightly.

I hate the pressure placed on BF. Got heck for combi-feeding from the public health nurse today. I try to get away with exclusively BFing during a feed but DD is screaming not even 2 minutes later and will guzzle on the bottle. The hospital was the one telling me to give her the bottle because 3 hours after her first feed she still hadn't peed. If she has several feeds of just BF she doesn't pee or poo much. There is still time for it to get better but right now she needs more than what I can give.

I just hate the all-or-nothing approach. My son was exclusively FF'd and he turned out just fine. Also, I am so much happier this time around and feeling so much more relaxed about everything that I no longer panic when it takes awhile to get DD to latch properly. If there is a chance to switch to exclusive BF than I most likely will go ahead. But likewise, if BFing doesn't improve and it becomes obvious that my supply doesn't come in like last time than I will switch to FF. I just wish I could explain that to health staff once and then not have to justify it at every visit and get the "breast is best" spiel every time. When it comes to my babies I don't make my decisions lightly.

I BF for the first couple if days but she got so hungry and was screaming so I gave her a bottle, after a few days of offering breast first then giving formula she stopped latching. I was terrified of the MW telling me off but she was really good and just nodded and said Formula was fine, to express if I could do she would get some breast milk but if it didn't work for is then so be it.

Lexi is happy, loves her bottles and is gaining weight.

If your HV is being a cow tell her that you appreciate she has an opinion but don't want to hear it thank you very much.

im getting so frustrated, im onto my second course of antibiotics for an infection in my c section wound, they doubled the dose this time i really really hope it clears asap as we go on holiday a week on monday and i really want to be able to go in the pool with both kids especially DS since it will be his 1st time in the pool :( x

I totally agree, the only thing that's important is the baby being happy and healthy! Were all doing great no matter how you choose to feed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->