• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Had a freak out last night... first really rough night. Second wing and she was wide awake at 10pm and still up at 12. Finally fed and got her down to wake back up at 2. 330 she was still up.. again fed and got her back down. Once she went down she puked everywhere. Trying to clean her, change her and clean crib and DH had the balls to look at me and roll right back over. I snapped and stormed out of the room saying don't worry I got this without your help! He's been wonderful but he sucks at night being a heavy sleeper! Anyone else having meltdown moments?!
Aww you poor thing :hugs: my bub wakes a fair few times during the night. My hubby did get any time off :brat: so it's just me on all day/night duty but he will help when he's really unsettled after if fed and burped him etc the only thing I hate about breast feeding is not bring able to share the feeds. Once my supply is established ill be pumping so he can help :)

Ok girls so this is going to sound like a stupid question seems this is my 3rd bub lol but how the heck do you entertain a newborn? I just don't know what to do with him in his awake periods. I talk to him and coo over him, tummy time etc but is there anything else I should be doing? I feel so silly not knowing what to do lol

Ok girls so this is going to sound like a stupid question seems this is my 3rd bub lol but how the heck do you entertain a newborn? I just don't know what to do with him in his awake periods. I talk to him and coo over him, tummy time etc but is there anything else I should be doing? I feel so silly not knowing what to do lol

Lexi loves her play gym, she has this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000FFL58Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1401531238&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40

It plays music, has lights and loads of dangling toys that have different features like rattles, spinning bits and so on.

i know exactly what you mean! this is 2nd for me and i feel like ive totally forgot what i used to do with DD!To be honest he doesnt have much awake periods just yet he literally wakes feeds changes and is pretty much straight back to sleep! the few times he has been awake a bit longer i normally have him on my lap talk to him etc he will lay on his play mat for a few mins or in his bouncer of swing x

i know exactly what you mean! this is 2nd for me and i feel like ive totally forgot what i used to do with DD!To be honest he doesnt have much awake periods just yet he literally wakes feeds changes and is pretty much straight back to sleep! the few times he has been awake a bit longer i normally have him on my lap talk to him etc he will lay on his play mat for a few mins or in his bouncer of swing x
Lol least I'm not alone :haha: yeah he's not awake much yet either but when he is I'm like what do I do lol!!!

Ok.. another one for you ladies.. So I was pumping this am in the bedroom and heard the shower start. When i realized it was dh I stopped to go check things out since where's molly?! He left her in the arms of DSD who is 10. Is it me or just way too young and way too soon to be unsupervised!?!? Tried telling me it was fine bc she wasn't fussy. Well how do u know the min u walked away she's not fussy and wiggly. DSD has no interaction or experience w babies and weirded me out. This is only her 3rd day with Molly. Made me feel like a control freak but I don't think 15ish min is ok for her to be alone.. thoughts? How do you all handle your kids around the new babies?

Also, are there any other baby, parenting, FTM.. etc, threads that I am missing? Harder to find on going related threads.

I don't think it's age as much as maturity level. I would be okay with a ten year old holding my baby as long as they stayed seated but I would feel more comfortable with them with some type of supervision. Again would just depend on how the older child is.

Holy engorgement! We were doing so good with bfing but this rock solid feeling needs to go away! It's making it harder for her to latch so my nipples are getting really sore :nope:

Ok.. another one for you ladies.. So I was pumping this am in the bedroom and heard the shower start. When i realized it was dh I stopped to go check things out since where's molly?! He left her in the arms of DSD who is 10. Is it me or just way too young and way too soon to be unsupervised!?!? Tried telling me it was fine bc she wasn't fussy. Well how do u know the min u walked away she's not fussy and wiggly. DSD has no interaction or experience w babies and weirded me out. This is only her 3rd day with Molly. Made me feel like a control freak but I don't think 15ish min is ok for her to be alone.. thoughts? How do you all handle your kids around the new babies?
I was 10 when my youngest sister was born, I was quite comfortable/confident holding her and comforting her.. But I can understand your concern, hubby shouldn't have gone for a shower with such a new bub in a child's care..

I think my little princess is suffering with reflux :( shes only happy when shes sat more upright and keeps throwing up her feeds. Shes just not a happy bubba and is spending most of her time sleeping on my chest. The health visitor is due today so hopefully she'll be able to give me some advice x

She said theres not too much they can do at this stage. Just to give her infacol incase its wind causing her to be sick and the occasional ounce of cooled boiled water to keep her hydrated and prevent her from over feeding.

Baby girls seems a bit better at the minute so hopefully it not going to be an ongoing thing :)

In facial really helped Lexi with trapped wind. That and sitting her up when she was having her bottle rather than laying her down.

I can understand your concern, but just for info, I was 8 as in just turned eight a mont and half before she was born and i would sit and give her bottles hold her cuddle her etc while my mum would be seeing to our tea etc, and i had had no real experience with babies, i really do think some girls are really tuned and have those motherly insticts. DD whos 3 (a very very mature 3) holds DS loads through the day and i encourage it x

I think my little princess is suffering with reflux :( shes only happy when shes sat more upright and keeps throwing up her feeds. Shes just not a happy bubba and is spending most of her time sleeping on my chest. The health visitor is due today so hopefully she'll be able to give me some advice x

She said theres not too much they can do at this stage. Just to give her infacol incase its wind causing her to be sick and the occasional ounce of cooled boiled water to keep her hydrated and prevent her from over feeding.

Baby girls seems a bit better at the minute so hopefully it not going to be an ongoing thing :)

in my experience HV's are rubbish when it comes to things like reflux, i strobgly advise going to the drs if it is reflux there are things there to help ive been there when dd was a baby, first thing they will try is infant gaviscon if that doesnt help request a referral to a pediatrician as they can prescibe other things, x

Gaves - I personally wouldn't leave my Newborn in the care of a 10 year old, not unsupervised anyway.

Buggz - I hope your little one feels better soon and that she doesn't have Reflux.

miss J is a whopping 8 lbs today... up from 5,12 a month ago @_@ and I've managed a full month of exclusive breast feeding. Feeling rather proud of myself today :)

Congrats bumpin! I can't wait to get to that point. Still in week one of bfing and looking forward to moving past the hard weeks !!

So what is normal for milk amounts? I am only breastfeeding and pumping to store. She eats full time from breast and I still pump 10-18 oz per day. Is that normal or not enough. What do u do to keep up milk supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->