May Emeralds 2014! :)

In the uk you don't need to see the doc to confirm the pregnancy - HPT are just as reliable as their blood tests.
I'm seeing my midwife at 8 weeks :) then will be scanned (routinely) at 12 weeks.

But ill have a scan beforehand I reckon x

So I don't have to see a doctor? What do you do when you get a positive pregnancy test then? (sorry I'm all new to this) xx

That's ok don't be sorry :hugs:

Call your surgery, say you've had a positive pregnancy test and you need to book in to see the midwife.
They'll book you in anywhere between 8-10 weeks (def before 12 week scan) so you can collect your antenatal notes and info packs :thumbup:

I picked mine up three days ago :happydance: makes it all more real xx

sitting in a rocking chair with my sick 16 month old, who insists on digging hood elbows into my very tender boobies, sick daddy is passed out on the couch. and I have to work nights tonight. mommy problems right here...

In the uk you don't need to see the doc to confirm the pregnancy - HPT are just as reliable as their blood tests.
I'm seeing my midwife at 8 weeks :) then will be scanned (routinely) at 12 weeks.

So I don't have to see a doctor? What do you do when you get a positive pregnancy test then? (sorry I'm all new to this) xx

Call your surgery, say you've had a positive pregnancy test and you need to book in to see the midwife.
They'll book you in anywhere between 8-10 weeks (def before 12 week scan) so you can collect your antenatal notes and info packs :thumbup:

Ohhh! Thanks Emalou! xx So I suppose if I saw a doctor then he would have just told me to make an appointment with the midwife? I'll phone my doctors surgery tomorrow and make a midwife appointment then! :happydance:

Ohhh! Thanks Emalou! xx So I suppose if I saw a doctor then he would have just told me to make an appointment with the midwife? I'll phone my doctors surgery tomorrow and make a midwife appointment then! :happydance:

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was sat in the surgery waiting for an appointment with the doctor when I read the notice board "pregnant? You don't need to see a doctor to confirm, see our midwife" :thumbup:

Ring up and ask, it may vary on area, but I'd expect it will be the same, pregnancy tests are almost 100% like theirs now.

They'll ask your LMP and some other details. My midwife rang me back to book my first appointment in October at 8 weeks, just incase I need monitoring more (heart condition) :flower: :hugs:

sitting in a rocking chair with my sick 16 month old, who insists on digging hood elbows into my very tender boobies, sick daddy is passed out on the couch. and I have to work nights tonight. mommy problems right here...

Sorry to hear Hun :hugs:
Hope you all get better quickly xxx

Hi ladies can I join? Just got my bfp today, heading to the doctor this week for confirmation. My expected due date is May 17 :happydance:

Congrats!!

No worries bumpin, you're not alone! My toddler undid all my cleaning and I couldn't get dinner done in time and my mother in law is pissed about laundry... Life! Ugh

I am due 8th May (right around my birthday) glad to see there are so many others expecting in May as well xoxoxo

I just got up from sitting down and felt a crampy feeling in my lower tummy that lasted about 10 seconds. Anyone else experience anything like this? Is it normal? :(

Congrats housewife! Ill add you!!

Yes it's very normal. Everything is stretching out and making room. You'll probably have cramps throughout pregnancy. I did!

A cautious hello from me :wave:

I got my :bfp: on 29th August and by dates baby will be due 9th May 2014.

We've had 2 previous losses as well as our 2 beautiful boys so won't really believe it's all real until we've had our first scan but thought I'd say hi anyway :flower:

Hi ladies can I join? Just got my bfp today, heading to the doctor this week for confirmation. My expected due date is May 17 :happydance:

I am due 8th May (right around my birthday) glad to see there are so many others expecting in May as well xoxoxo

Welcome and congratulations to you all :flower:

Cramping is completely normal during pregnancy. I wouldn't worry unless it was incredibly painful or accompanied by bleeding :thumbup:

hey girls !

first off, congrats to the newcomers! wishing you a wonderful pregnancy :)

bumpin: sorry you're having such a hard time, hope everyone feels better soon :hugs:

teacup: im having on and off cramping too, nothing too intense. like the other girls said, Im sure its all normal feelings and proof that everything is preparing for a growing baby ;)

AFM: extremely tired today..went to a football game and fell asleep on the car ride back home. :haha: little peanut sure can drain me of energy lol

Proud momma- if you had a positive test you're definitely pregnant. I'm still spotting but everything seems to be fine otherwise. You should go to an emergency center and get checked out. That's what I did a week ago when I bled heavily.

My symptoms are intense. Nauseous, bloated, headache, cravings, back aches, exhausted, sore boobs etc!

Congrats rebaby!!!

Well I actually had two possitive pregnancy tests but I did another one this morning and it was negative :shrug: so I do not understand what is going on because I read online that if I was pregnant I if I had a miscarriage early I would still test possitive for up to 19 days :shrug: so I don't know ... I do not have any symptoms at all and I am bleeding heavily with heavy cramps . I guess some kind of bad pregnancy test package ( because both tests were from the same box )

It might have been a chemical. They don't last long and typically women don't know about them

Hello ladies. Slowly poking my head in here... I got 3 positive tests and should be due around May 21st but haven't been to the doctor yet.

Hello ladies. Slowly poking my head in here... I got 3 positive tests and should be due around May 21st but haven't been to the doctor yet.

Congratulations!! The 21st is such a good day :lol: (it's my birthday :thumbup:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->