May Emeralds 2014! :)

Wow! I missed a few days and there has been a lot going on in here!

Congrats on baby boy Nic!

Excalibur - You're up next for gender scan, correct? I was speed reading and missed the day:winkwink:

I had another ultrasound today. Was supposed to only check heart rate today, but my doc couldn't find it with the wand so we HAD to do an ultrasound. :haha: Got some more pics of baby, though. She scheduled my anatomy scan for Jan. 16th, and we decided we really wanted to reveal gender before Christmas, so we are going to a 3rd party. We will find out gender on Dec. 11th!

So I have a question for all team yellow/green. How do you wait? Do you just buy all gender neutral til baby gets here? Or do you wait to buy stuff, other that necessities?

my hospital won't tell you the gender, so we went somewhere that does :)!

Got it! I'm just impatient, haha. I don't see myself waiting until mid Jan. Did you tell your family already? You may have said that, I just missed it...

yeah I told, I was going to keep it until Christmas but I couldn't :haha:!

defiantly is! I was so excited and have no idea how I could of kept it a secret :haha:!
are you sharing with family or waiting?

I will making calls on the way home from the appointment! We are all shoppers, and we are ready to get the credit card party started!:haha:

that's what I was like :haha:! I've known for 3 days and mil has went mental buying things!

So I have a question for all team yellow/green. How do you wait? Do you just buy all gender neutral til baby gets here? Or do you wait to buy stuff, other that necessities?

I just buy gender neutral. I tried to resist buying pink for my girl so a lot of the early clothes are neutral so I can reuse them. I'm also lucky in that my sister has a whole stack of boy clothes to give me should I need them.

All our equipment is neutral and I think all I need to buy this baby is a new changing mat, a blanket of his/her own and a coming home outfit. I enjoy baby shopping so I'm a little bit disappointed I can't buy more ;)

We were team yellow for ds. I bought everything GN except clothing. I bought a few sleepers in each gender to bring to the hospital, and just bought clothing after he was born. the room was painted sage green already, all my bedding I bought in Brown and green. once he was born, we bought a few orange accents, and you really can't tell it's a gender neutral room. once they arrive the blue/ pink kinda overtakes the house anyways... Lol.

Ah, I can see how that would work then. Babies need minimal things when they first come home anyways. However, I am and interior decorator, and the room redo is calling my name! I want it to either scream girl or scream boy! Pinterest doesn't help curb the enthusiasm either! :)

i am RH- as well
a couple of extra jabs thats all :hugs:

yeah i have had loads of people asking "if baby was planned" mind your own efin business""

Wow that's so rude. I can't believe how nosy people are. Why are they asking that?

We have the opposite "oh I knew you would get pregnant after you moved house". Uh... glad I didn't disappoint? :/

i am RH- as well
a couple of extra jabs thats all :hugs:

yeah i have had loads of people asking "if baby was planned" mind your own efin business""

Haha! The question I don't like is, "did you give birth vaginally?" I call that nunya. None ya bizness.:haha:

now that is random o_O

i tend to be sarcastic when people ask stupid/ rude questions

People will always have opinions about your life, ESPECIALLY when you have kids. Can't let it get to you! The noisiest most judge mental people you'll ever meet is other mothers! :nope: instead of thinking "what I do with my family and kids is right for us" LOTS of people think "what I do with my family and children is right so everyone should be doing what I'm doing!" And the unwanted advice comes pouring out. Trust me on this :haha:

We most often hear rude comments about "having our handful" all of a sudden you have kids close together and you must be living a nightmare! Hello it's the day of birth control if we didn't want them close I could've just took birth control! I appreciate people's help but sometimes it comes off as pity when I don't need that. It obviously wasn't that bad if we're having a third!

Maybe ill call today and schedule out gender scan!

Haha, of you think that's bad, try having twins, every time I go out I get a dozen questions from different people who instantly assume as it's twins they can ask anything, were they ivf? Did you deliver yourself? Which one is your favourite? Did you breastfed? Etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->