May Emeralds 2014! :)

I got my pram/travel system last night.

It's a baby style S3D. I love it.

Need to start shopping for a changing bag to match now. Not quite sure what'll go though.

It's hard to see in the picture but it's like navy and cream striped.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/59/gceb.jpg

Also OH ordered my maternity pillow today so that should be here next week. Hoping it helps with my hips/back as they're starting to get quite sore.

Not booked scan yet. OH is checking we can afford it as lots of wedding stuff to pay still. Hope we can have one. I think I'll be upset if we can't. More because I'll be anxious flying without reassurance that everything is all right.

Good morning Ladies!

So needed to come on and cry some more... went to the Dr yesterday and had a great appt with the Dr. There are 6 in the office I go to that are on rotation for delivery. The Dr I saw yesterday, I told her I would cross my legs until she was on rotation!! Loved her.

Went to schedule the gender scan after... cant get in until 12/26!!! No Christmas day reveal like we had planned! I was literally in the waiting room trying to set an appt in tears that there was nothing prior to the 26th.

Also had to do the downs bloodwork as if it comes positive, my scan is at the local hospital not in the office. Also found out I am RH- so at 28 weeks I need to get a shot and if the baby is born + I will need the other series of shots.

Lot of info yesterday!!

Gaves, try not to stress over the downs result. a positive result is rarely actually downs. They will repeat your bloodwork, and check for any markers at your 20 week scan, and im sure everything will be just fine.

So sorry you cant get in earlier. are you able to put your name on a cancellation list?

gaves, sorry no Christmas day gender reveal :(!
also like bumpin said, + result is rarely downs

They just need to talk about it differently! She just kept talking about my age and being on the cusp of needing more testing and if I have more children I will be watched more closely. I thought that was like 40+?? I am only 33.

I will be stalking and calling daily to see if any cancellations have opened since they dont have a wait list.

Gaves, I am also RH-. According to my Dr., it's not a big deal. Just the one shot at 28 weeks and then another at delivery and that's all!:hugs:

Gaves- sorry to hear all that! I'm sure everything will be fine though :hugs: have you tried looking at nearby towns that may do gender reveal ultrasounds? Might be able to get in sooner.

My oldest had the downs blood test come back positive, getting that phone call was very scary. However it was a false positive like many are and she is just fine!!
I am also rh-, with my first I got the shot at 28 weeks then when she was typed after birth she was also - so no extra shot for me :) my second I had the shot again at 28 weeks and at birth she was typed + so I had to get am extra shot. It really wasn't a big deal! Don't worry!

Here, the age for "high risk" is 35. Although I know of a few moms of downs babies that are in their 20s.

My grandmother at 17 years old gave birth to my aunt with Down syndrome! Back then they told my grandmother she was better off putting her in a home as she wouldn't ever function properly and wouldn't live long. They said they'd take care of her themselves and 66 years later my grandmother still takes care of her herself and she's lived a long "normal" life! Growing up I never thought her to be different besides her speech sounding off and looking a tad different but she always took care of herself and was the most loving person you'd ever meet!

thanks ladies!!! Dont know what I would do without this forum! :)

sick of everyone thinking my son is an accident! :growlmad:!
just because I'm young doesn't mean I didn't try for him :growlmad:!

I feel this way although I'm almost 30. People ASSume that my pregnancy was an accident because I'm not married, but it was more than planned. It bothers me, but it shouldn't so I know I shouldn't be giving out advice. People just need to mind their own business!:hugs:

I feel this way although I'm almost 30. People ASSume that my pregnancy was an accident because I'm not married, but it was more than planned. It bothers me, but it shouldn't so I know I shouldn't be giving out advice. People just need to mind their own business!:hugs:

your right, people need to keep there huge noses out people's business!
why would people assume your baby was an accident because your not married? is it a big thing to be married where you live?

I wouldn't say that most people are married here before they have kids, but my family and the area I live in is still mostly old fashioned and the majority of people I know were married before having kids. I have received questions like "are you excited?" and "Is a congratulations in order?" from people to kind of be nosey and find out if it was an accident. lol. I always say "Yes. We are excited and it was a planned pregnancy." I don't want people to think my baby was an accident, but I know I shouldn't care what others think!

I know what you mean, I shouldn't care but I do :haha:! I make it very clear he wasn't an accident!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->