May Emeralds 2014! :)

which diapers do you use?

I plan on using AIO's since it'll be easier and less bulky.
Prolly Little Joey's for newborn stage and after that Bumgenius Elementals :)

Yeah, it's expensive washing them, but in the other hand disposable are getting more and more expensive... Here we haven't decided what we'll do diaper-wise.

I couldn't have been team yellow even though that's what I initially wanted! I had started talking about baby as a "she" without noticing... Good thing I know it's a boy so I can stop doing that!

bumpin, I'm proud of you for not opening the envelope yet. That's some willpower!

I wanted to do cloth, but the daycare center we wanted wouldn't do cloth, so it seemed like a waste to invest in cloth and still have to buy a bunch of disposables. So, we just went disposables. I feel a wee bit bad about all the diapers going in the trash, but it really is easier not to have to worry about rinsing poopy diapers and keeping enough ahead of the laundry so you don't run out.

Thanks merrymint! I'm rather impressed with myself :)

I've cloth diapered G since he was about a month old :) planned on from birth but he was so tiny, he didn't fit them well until after 7 lbs

My personal favorites are bumgenius 4.0

I've tried nearly every major brand and style out there!

Too be honest, the expense of washing wasn't nearly as much as I though it would be, nor as much work. I do 3 loads of diapers a week, generally a load of laundry a day. The baby clothing is far more laundry! This time I've invested in some tiny diapers, and I can't wait to get them on the bum...

Lily 12, have you used cloth before?

Nope I have never used them before, we lived in an appartment complex when Aleena was born until she was 1.5 and the washer and dryer were downstairs for everyone to use .
Now we live in a house with our own washer and dryer so we can cloth diaper easily!

I just bought 4 "THX" diapers on Ebay, they're made in the same factory as "Little Joeys" and supposed to be almost the same.
So exciting :)

And yeah I doubt it'll be THAT much laundry, and we live in FL with sunshine everyday so our diapers can dry in the sun which is FREE and takes breastmilk poop stains out !

Good plan! Where I live is always so rainy that it's tough to line dry!

Best advice I got when starting is try a few styles before committing to a single style. I personally hated the elemental, because poop always got in the layers. I also have a personal preference for pockets, because the stuffing really doesn't take much time, and once stuffed they are basically an all in one diaper :)

I've heard great things about THX and little joeys. I'm not a fan of fitteds, so I've never bought any.

My nb stash consists of tots bots tinifits, xs bumgenius, and kawaii bamboo baby. A few random brands in there too.

Maybe because we are in such a routine with cloth that I dont find it to be harder or cost more. We dont use any special soaps, just the detergent we use on our clothes. I only line dry the diapers the inserts are dryer dry. I use to not dry anything and hang dry it all but now I only do that if I remember.

As newborns we used covers and prefolds, which Ill be skipping this time. And weve used the Kawaii Pure and Naturals so we will be going that route again. I also used some fuzzibunz and Thirsties AIO with our newborns but unless someone local is selling some for cheap Ill just stick to the Kawaii ones. Then we only use Sunbaby now. Some of the Kawaii Goodnight heavy wetter at night. My two year old is completely potty trained so only our one year old is still in diapers. Im excited to buy tons of girly prints!!

Ive tried every kind of cloth diaper and various brands but I always come back to the cheap ones :) I think the diaper is usually always the same quality but its the inserts you want to invest the money in.

Oh and I did the math once on how much I had spent on all my supplies and diapers and Ive clothed both kids for under $300! Thats with feeding my addiction too :haha: But then I would just try some diapers for awhile and what I didnt like I just sold them! When our oldest potty trained we sold some of our stash for $50! So that was an awesome part of cloth diapering. Making your money back!

Can't wait to hear about healthy babies!
Mines tomorrow!!!! Arghhhhhhhh excitws

I'm so upset. This is all we got, a photo of the face. No other information whatsoever. Not even heart rate which I am so worried about because it sounded way too slow to me. She refused to give us any information. :cry: So much for my Christmas reveal.

1487299_10100516390148680_655212828_n.jpg

She just said she couldn't give out information. I can't believe this.

:( so sorry, that sucks!!

So weird she wouldn't even tell you the gender :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"