May Emeralds 2014! :)

I can safely say at 26weeks we're pretty organised :)!
got everything apart from wipes/nappies!

I just need to get my crib bedding, and my nappy bin inserts

I DO NOT NEEED any more clothes for this baby hahah!

Mrs stefka: I think you will likely be fine. most babies don't turn head down to stay until after 30 weeks. at 22 weeks, they still have lots of room to flip around, and most are breech at least some of the time. I can't remember when G turned, but I do remember it being later on :)

I have no desire for a drug free birth. tried it with G, didn't progress. after I finally agreed to the epidural, I went from 5-10 cm within 3 hours. I had been at it for 6 hours before, and only had been stalled at 5 cm for 5 of those hours. I give props to all those trying though :)

Happy V-Day ladies :D

I can't believe that we will all be in the 3rd Tri soon! :shock:

I still have a month until third trimester. This pregnancy is really dragging for me. :| There doesn't seem to be too many of us here who are due at the end of May. But of all the pregnant ladies I know in real life I am now at the beginning of the line (my SiL had her baby last week).

Exactly one week until V-Day for me.

We haven't gotten anything for the baby yet apart from some clothes and a napper/rocker bassinet that turns into a chair thing lol.
Think I'll buy the car seat today or tomorrow.
Then I'll still want to buy a breastpump , swing, and crib.
I think that's all we will need for a while.

Had midwife appointment yesterday and was told baby was head down .
Aleena wasn't head down until 30 weeks so I was surprised. But babies can still turn around pretty easy at this stage!

The other night a friend sold me some of her old clothes and for $20 I got a whole sack full. And I have some gender neutral stuff from DS. I think the gender neutral things were some of my favourites so I'm excited to be able to use them again though most seem to be sized for 6 months.

I need to buy a new mattress pad and new sheets for the new baby. And not just because of the different gender. My son's sheets have all become so stained that no amount of washing can get them out anymore. It's just gross. And I had got him a cheap mattress pad and it's all ripped and the material has gotten gross too. I'm going to go for a better one next time. Otherwise I don't really need much in the way of gear for the baby. What I do still need to do is get things for my son to upgrade to the "big boy" room. We have a bed frame but need to get a new mattress. We also want black out blinds for both rooms (right now the nursery has blankets pinned over the window) and we need to paint DS' room. Right now it's bright pink.

Thanks, bumpin! That's actually really comforting to hear. I'll stand on my head if I need to in order for my lil guy to change his position :)

Starry night - We are very close in days to each other, so I'm right behind you at the end of the month. My SIL is due to pop any day now, and is so ready. My other SIL is due 8 weeks after me. I think reality will probably set in once the first babe gets here.

As for the stuff, we have slowly been buying things since Christmas. We have too many clothes/shoes already. I doubt Jack will even have the chance to wear most of them. I think all we need at this point is a car seat, and stroller.

So, at what week are you officially considered to be in the first trimester? I have always thought 24 weeks, but have also heard anywhere from 25-28 weeks?

Varies by country. Usually 27-28 weeks.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...gnancy-trimesters-vary-depending-country.html

There's a sticky in the pregnancy club thread that says this:

Second Trimester
US & Canada: 13 > 28 weeks
UK: 14 > 26 weeks

Third Trimester
US & Canada: 28 weeks > Birth
UK: 27 weeks > Birth

In the interests of website standards, BabyandBump.com starts pregnancy from the first missed period and splits 40 weeks of pregnancy into 3 equal sections:
First Trimester Forum: Conception > 13 weeks
Second Trimester Forum: 14 > 26 weeks
Third Trimester Forum: 27 weeks > Birth

We haven't started buying anything yet. OH keeps saying "let's wait until after the baby shower" but no one's organising that! He also says that we could get some stuff from his cousins, yet he's not asking for that either. It's like he wants to wait at the very last minute, and then it'll be stressing and we won't get what we actually want. I found the stroller I want on sale, when I showed him all he had to say was that "maybe his cousin had one like that". Of course he won't ask her now. He prefers to wait until the sale is over. No chance we're getting ready in advance.

Okay, okay, I'm done ranting! It's just starting to really piss me off and no one around me understand why.

Welcome to the thread, 2boys_mom!

Fleur- I understand why you're pissed, that's frustrating! Especially while pregnant I think it calms us to plan and prepare so waiting would irritate me!

We have pretty much everything. Just need those diaper inserts and some more pjs! But since I already have two kids I've already learned babies don't need much so we really didn't buy too much. A swing that was too adorable and it was $35 on sale!! Like a $100 difference. My boys loved their swing. We some blankets I made, a few outfits in each size, a car seat and a rock n play sleeper. I've probably spent under $300 for everything! Including the 20 cloth diapers I bought :haha:

Oh and I got a breast pump for free and I had to buy two new baby carriers as my fave OH shut in the car door and it tore! Then my woven wrap got caught in the washer and ripped! :cry: were pretty frugal over here :winkwink:

All the baby gear I want keeps going on sale when I have no money. :haha:

Babyleggings.com is offering 5 free pair of baby leggings for free with discount code "bemine14". Just pay S&H.

Amour I think I am maybe getting discounts sent to me because of the link you sent earlier this month. I bought the nursing pillow. THANK YOU! Loving the residual emails for other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->