May Emeralds 2014! :)

Hi Ladies,

Is anyone here trying for a vbac or going for a repeat c section? Would love to hear from you - Ur reasons / feelings / fears etc :)

Im hoping for a vbac but the hospital is trying to steer me towards a section. Theres so much conflicting info online i really dont know which way to go

Me me! I'm going for a vbac :) thankfully my hospital are keen on the idea aswell!

Made it to 25 weeks. Physio is now recommending crutches for SPD.
Also found a great deal on a Quinny Buzz. Anyone have one?

Hi Ladies,

Is anyone here trying for a vbac or going for a repeat c section? Would love to hear from you - Ur reasons / feelings / fears etc :)

Im hoping for a vbac but the hospital is trying to steer me towards a section. Theres so much conflicting info online i really dont know which way to go

I'm going for a VBAC. I hated my EMCS and knew I never wanted to go through it again. The risks for a VBAC are substantially lower than those of a repeat c-section too.

I am definitely going to pack more nappies this time! I ended up running out with Tyler and had to ask the Midwife for some but she could only give me a couple as they were low on stock? I thought Hospitals stocked up on these things?!?

Our Hospital doesn't do tours anymore either, just an online virtual tour! :(

Last night I had some post sex contractions and was thinking to myself, "Hell, this hurts. How am I supposed to do the real deal?" Haha, I'm sure it's a different feeling though.

4 days until the last stretch! :shock:

Baby has been breech the whole pregnancy. I'm thinking I may be in for a c-section this time! Does anyone know how much longer the healing time is for c-section vs. vaginal?

Today I'm reminded if the song from moulin rouge "it's a little bit funny this feeling inside...." Having baby somersault just after eating dinner makes your tummy feel really odd.

im currently down for a VBAC although im not sure if that will change now with having GD i hope i can at least attempt but tbh ill just go with whatever they think is safest at the time,

had my appt today with diabetes nurse but the ante natal one i was supposed to see ended up off sick so the nurse i seen didnt really have much info on GD but for now i have to do a pin prick to test my blood sugars 6 times a day and ill having fortnightly hospital appts with nurse dietician consultant and scan :/ x

oh and they weighed me too and ive only put on 13lbs so far which she said is great so i was pleased with that x

I had a Quinny buzz with Ava! It was lovely! :) and still have it! It was a tough choice between that and the silvercross I got x

Hi Ladies,

I am not 100% sure what I'm going to end up having but my OB really wants me to try for a VBAC. She said since I was able to go into labour naturally and dilate all the way on my own she thought I should be able to try a vaginal delivery again (I had emergency section last time). I will be treated as 'high risk' so they will be monitoring me the whole time and as soon as the baby shows signs of distress they will do a section.

My biggest fear about VBAC is something going wrong with the baby again but it seems they won't let it go as long this time. With my son they really tried to put off the section so he was in distress for quite some time. He was OK and apparently came out kicking and screaming so didn't need any resuscitation. I will admit to being scared of VBAC but I know that it's supposed to be better for baby as well as me.

Ive never had a c section but I will say that every pregnancy, labor, delivery and baby are different. Just because youve had a section before doesnt mean you have to have another one. If you had an emergency one before that doesnt mean this time will be the same. I completely understand why women who have had a traumatic birth experience before chose to have a repeat section. But Ive had many family members and friends have VBACS and they said it was the best thing they couldve ever done!

You ladies should check out Birth With Out Fear on facebook, instagram and blog! I had a traumatic natural birth with my first so I opted for an epidural with my second out of fear. I dont regret it at all as it was very healing for me and allowed me to be able to try and have a natural birth this time! Though I still have fears and think Im insane and just need the epidural :haha:

Oh crap. I think I've gone off our name. I can't think of another. :(

I had a Quinny buzz with Ava! It was lovely! :) and still have it! It was a tough choice between that and the silvercross I got x

Thanks Hannah.
I work for boots so I get discount along with the 10% off £100 offer at the moment, so I'll be quids in if we choose the buzz.
I drive almost everywhere but I'll be doing the school run come September so want a decent buggy for that and trips to the park.
Looks comfy! :thumbup:

Thanks Hannah.
I work for boots so I get discount along with the 10% off £100 offer at the moment, so I'll be quids in if we choose the buzz.
I drive almost everywhere but I'll be doing the school run come September so want a decent buggy for that and trips to the park.
Looks comfy! :thumbup:
I know they have changed the seat unit for the new one and I love it! If we knew this one would be a girl we would defo have got the pink one :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->