May Emeralds 2014! :)

I am soooooo tired . Work is manic I'm supposed to be doing 7.5 hr days but started at 8 this morning and finished at 6pm so 10 hrs plus 1.5 hrs travel means I'm ready to sleep before I even get home. It's only Monday if this keeps up I'll just be a pile of dust by Friday .

Rosie - I'm sorry to hear about your SPD, I hope you can get in touch with your Physio soon.

Yay for double digits! :happydance:

I think I might start packing my Hospital bag somewhere between 30 and 35 weeks, I like to make sure everything is in there and that I haven't forgotten anything!

I haven't the foggiest idea of what to pack... you'd think, since I've done this before its have a better idea of what I need/ don't need... Lol

I'll pack mine maybe... 37 weeks, lol. I packed way too much useless crap last time, like 5 books lol! I ended up never using anything in my bags except clothes for DH, LO and myself.

Will pack my bag around 35 weeks I think. Reading the threads in 3rd Tri it looks like you have to take everything you own and half the contents of tesco but watching 'one born every minute' people only take small bags??? I reckon I'll take a days worth of stuff for me and baby and then put together a back up stash that hubby can bring in if needed.

I think it varies by countries/hospitals/etc., but when I had Tori, everything was provided. A simple onesie for her, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, blankets, etc. Toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, basic care needs for DH and myself. Really the only thing I needed was clothes for DH as LO stayed in the onesies they provided her and I stayed in my gown as it was easier to nurse that way.

I also think US hospital stays are much longer than elsewhere though.

They don't provide anything at all in the UK not even nappies for baby so you have to take it all.

If all goes well you can leave about 6 hrs after bubs is born. The big question is how long you'll be in before baby is born and what you need for that time??

I'm hoping to go to a birthing centre so the maximum stay there is 24 hours.

This place looks nicer than the hospital I gave birth in before but I wished I had packed flip flops because there was other people's blood on the shower floor. Disgusting!

This time I'll bring nightie to give birth in, PJs, yoga pants and loose top, slippers, nursing bra, maternity pads, toiletries, and for the baby several sleep suits (my first got through a few a day puking up mucous initially), nappies etc., hat, going home outfit, blanket for the car seat. Oh and a camera and phone charger.

I think that's about all? That's quite a long list actually!

I have a feeling I'm going to over pack this time! I was in hospital for two weeks with Ava :/

I brought my own comfortable blanket and pillow along with my hospital bag. I live in Texas and the hospitals here provide a LOT of the starter stuff. I wasn't packed ahead of time with my DO so I will most likely pack a bag at 35 weeks, too.

ive been trying to think back as to what i took last time i had a holdall for me and changing bag for baby, but i ended up been in for 2 half days so hubby had to bring more sleepsuits and vests for DD think ill do a back up bag at home so if we run out of anything and im in for a couple of days again he can just grab that one day although im hoping i wont be in that long!!! x

Not sure when I'll pack. I'm planing on birth at a birth center so no stay longer than 24 hours. I'll pack clothes for me and baby, my own panties and pads as I hate the ones they give you. Diapers, car seat, blanket and Herbal bath.

I have a feeling I'm going to over pack this time! I was in hospital for two weeks with Ava :/

Wow and I thought I was in for a long time at 5 days. I hope you don't have to stay as long this time.

I will probably overpack too. All the pregnancy books and articles say to bring all these things and I ended up not really using any of them. Of course, I didn't realize that our hospital provided all of the basics. The nurses even made fun of me for how much I brought. I had the messiest room in the ward! :haha: I even got some take-home formula due to my son still not nursing well enough to keep his blood sugar levels up.

One thing I know I will need is an iPod. we don't have extra health benefits so I most likely won't get a private room which means dh can't stay with me overnight. It gets lonely so it's nice to have music to listen to.

I'll probably pack once I'm in the 30ish week range. I don't think I'll go early but I guess there is no harm being prepared.

I've no idea what I should pack, I'll have to ask my midwife what she recommends. At the birth center here, I won't be allowed to stay for more than 18 hours, so it's going to be a small bag for sure.

My hip pain is worst than ever, and now there's a clicking sound everytime I move? I'm so used to pains coming and going, I don't know whether I should call my midwife as soon as possible or wait a few days and see how it goes :/

Who do you think I should ask about what the hospital provides (or doesn't provide)? I would hate to waste the doctor's time with questions like that. Also, if I don't do the antenatal classes, who do I ask to see if I can get a tour and some info about the birth? Any ideas?

I can see myself overpacking! This is my first and I like to be prepared and organized.

Call the hospital and ask or do a labor and delivery tour and ask then. I'd have no problem asking doc but I'm sure he wouldn't know everything.

I forgot to add I'd pack snacks!! I was so hungry after both births and the kitchens were always closed! So snacks and bottle water are a must!!

Why wouldn't you ask your doctor? I don't think it would be a waste of time at all as they would know their hospital's policy. My OB had given me a list of things to bring but then we had moved so had to switch hospitals and doctors. I had assumed the list would be the same for my new place so didn't ask.

Our hospital provides outfits the baby can wear while at the hospital and all the women on the ward wear hospital gowns the whole time so I'm not going to bring as much in the way of clothes this time. I will bring a housecoat and slippers though. I had my son in the middle of an intense heat wave but in the maternity ward it was FREEZING!!!

And I agree about the snacks. I was provided with good meals but DH wasn't given a thing and poor guy was starving. You're not supposed to eat during labour at our hospital but I did sneak in a bite or two. :blush:

Wow and I thought I was in for a long time at 5 days. I hope you don't have to stay as long this time.

Me too! Ava was really poorly so had to stay in special care and then for antibiotics and I had already been in for 3 days before as was induced :shrug: I don't mind really atleast she was better :happydance: but I did go stir crazy :lol:

Who do you think I should ask about what the hospital provides (or doesn't provide)? I would hate to waste the doctor's time with questions like that. Also, if I don't do the antenatal classes, who do I ask to see if I can get a tour and some info about the birth? Any ideas?

I can see myself overpacking! This is my first and I like to be prepared and organized.

L&D! You should be able to call them and schedule an appointment and ask whatever questions you want to then.

I have my tour when I drop off my pre-registration in 2 weeks.

Our hospital doesn't offer tours anymore. Just a virtual one online and it's not very informative. I'm glad I remember the tour/seminar we took before DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->