May Emeralds 2014! :)

What's the point in inducing or csection for gestational diabetes unless baby is measuring large? Is there other complications? I haven't been told if ill be tested this time or not.

nic - congrats on reaching 3rd tri!

daddiesgift - congrats on V-day! I'm not sure, but doesn't gestational diabetes also increase risks for things like pre-eclampsia? I would think they would test you though as it's a general screening most pregnant women get whether or not they have a history for it. I'm not getting my test done until I'm 29 weeks.

Thanks ladies!

I got tested for it with my last two so I thought I would this time just don't know when :shrug: I'm so paranoid this time that I have it for some reason :dohh:

Next Thursday for me. Drink has been sitting in my fridge for 2 weeks, haha.

I have mine on the 21st. SO not looking forward to it. PLEASE dont make me have to do the 3 hour test!!!

I completely forget what is involved with a glucose test. I had one this summer as a part of my testing into why I was miscarrying. But I didn't have to fast or anything. I drank down this orange soda type of drink (which I really like) and then waited around for an hour and then did a urine test and some blood work. My memories from DS' pregnancy are already hazy but I thought that's how it went with him too. Though I thought I was 18 weeks at the time but I might be confusing it with my AFP testing.

Rosie - Yay for getting the Nursery finished :happydance:

Mayb_baby - Wow! Nice bump! :D

Magic - Yay for double digits! :yipee:

Nic - Welcome to the 3rd Tri! :dance:

Daddiesgift - Happy V-Day :)

I did mine on monday. that drink makes me sooooo nauseated... if I fail, I dont think I can do the 3hour test. I barely make it an hour without puking...

here you only get tested if your bmi is over 30 or if family history of diabetes, ive a strong family history of it, but they do just a standard 2 hour test so if you fail that thats it basically, i think they induce because of the risk of further complications and growth scans arent that accurate really, but i did have an emcs with DD didnt even get into labour with her x

My midwife has given me the choice to do the test or not. I have to give her my answer tomorrow and I still hesitate.
Too much sugar makes me nauseated and I'm afraid of needles, when I know I'm getting blood drawn I lose my appetite and I can't sleep. The glucose test sounds like a my worst nightmare.

I've not heard anything about the glucose test from my midwife!

I've not heard anything about the glucose test from my midwife!

in the uk i think you only get it if your bmi is over 30 and or family history its not really a standard test i dont think x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->