May Emeralds 2014! :)

https://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o698/rosie7983/Nursery/DSC_0433_zps9d015182.jpg

https://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o698/rosie7983/Nursery/DSC_0437_zpse1f4ef1d.jpg

https://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o698/rosie7983/Nursery/DSC_0438_zpsd110e21a.jpg

https://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o698/rosie7983/Nursery/DSC_0443_zpsbe2e385a.jpg

https://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o698/rosie7983/Nursery/DSC_0444_zpsf719e095.jpg

im currently going through a growth spurt i think. she has been quiet since noon and i have been so tired! and like last growth spurts fizzy drink, cold drinks and the other usual suspects havent moved her!

just waiting for the bump to grow now :haha:

Daddiesgift - Glad to hear that everything was normal on the NST. Sounds like baby is just having a lazy spurt?

Rosie - Love your Nursery pics, we have one of those name trains for Tyler aswell :cloud9:

they are so cute arent they, DD keeps going in and playing with it! she walks in and says Olivers room is just so beautiful lol!
cant believe i got the pics to works miracle for me lol! x

Rosie - They really are cute! Bless your DD, that's so cute! :cloud9:

CRAZY work trip to NYC this week!!! 14 hr day thurs and Fri... 5 hr train ride home with 25 colleagues and they were all drinking and annoying... Pulled into my apartment at MIDNIGHT w all my effin bags to fall on black ice in the driveway FLAT on my back bc my arms were full and we have no switch access to front porch light!!! Called DH from sitting on the cold ground sobbing! :cry:

Already text landlord to send someone immediately to clean area and put down (and leave) ice melt for us. We got 12 inches on Wednesday and I had to confirm and basically demand someone would be here to clean it!!! Also asked for him to send electrician and give us access to the light. He is so irresponsible. :dohh:

I've been working on my birth plan today. How does it look? :flower:

https://imageshack.com/a/img856/7180/aocr.jpg

Saw MW yesterday and despite having a textbook perfect pregnancy so far with no bleeding, cramping or any other concerns at all she confirmed my fears that I am not allowed to use the birth centre. So frustrating! My BMI is 36 and the cutoff is 35, she agreed and said she has lots of mums to be who are having hard pregnancies who are allowed to use the center and it isn't right but it's the rules. Plus we re not allowed to tour the labour ward as they stopped all tours a couple of years ago due to MRSA prevention.

So my only choice is labour ward or home birth and as a FTM I think home birth is a bit too scary.

Seriously miffed right now!

Saw MW yesterday and despite having a textbook perfect pregnancy so far with no bleeding, cramping or any other concerns at all she confirmed my fears that I am not allowed to use the birth centre. So frustrating! My BMI is 36 and the cutoff is 35, she agreed and said she has lots of mums to be who are having hard pregnancies who are allowed to use the center and it isn't right but it's the rules. Plus we re not allowed to tour the labour ward as they stopped all tours a couple of years ago due to MRSA prevention.

So my only choice is labour ward or home birth and as a FTM I think home birth is a bit too scary.

Seriously miffed right now!

That's so annoying!!
Any chance you can up some exercise and try to lower your bmi?
Please don't be offended by that comment! :flower: just thinking of another way to get you the birth you'd want!! :hugs:

I've been working on my birth plan today. How does it look? :flower:

https://imageshack.com/a/img856/7180/aocr.jpg

Looks good. Easy to understand and clear. Mine will be really simple:

-no internal checks unless I agree they are needed
-I want an active birth so no measures that keep me attached to the bed.
-I want to be in hospital as little as possible so wish to leave if labour is progressing slowly and to leave as soon after birth as possible dependant on health of me and baby
- husband to be present and consulted at all times
- baby to be given to me immediately after birth for skin to skin and BF health permitting.
-do not offer any pain relief. I will ask if I need it.

That's so annoying!!
Please don't be offended by that comment! :flower: just thinking of another way to get you the birth you'd want!! :hugs:[/QUOTE]

I asked but it's based on BMI at 1st appt, they haven't even weighed me since 8 weeks and I'm 25 now.

That's so annoying!!
Please don't be offended by that comment! :flower: just thinking of another way to get you the birth you'd want!! :hugs:

I asked but it's based on BMI at 1st appt, they haven't even weighed me since 8 weeks and I'm 25 now.[/QUOTE]

What?!? That's so ridiculous! :shrug:
Sorry they won't let you in the birth centre. Seems silly to me.

Gaves - Hope you are ok? :hugs:

Amour - Great birth plan :thumbup:

Wannabe Mommy - I'm sorry to hear that you are not allowed to give birth at the birthing centre :(

Wannabe mommy- that's ridiculous! I'd love a home birth but no midwives in my area were available, I understand why someone Else wouldn't want one though. What does the birth center offer that the hospital doesn't? Can you try the best you can to have that birth you wanted at the hospital? I know for me I really want a water birth so I have to go to birth center, hospital doesn't offer it. But if I just wanted a natural birth I could accomplish that at hospital. Will midwife come to hospital to help you?

x-amour - I had constant fetal monitoring with my son and I was able to move around a fair bit. It was limited to my room, of course, but I was able to "walk off" some of my contractions though I primarily used the birthing ball. The worst part was having to ask a nurse to "untie" me so I could use the bathroom. It was almost like having to ask for permission. I'm going to have to do this again as it seems I will be having a VBAC too.

Wannabe - sorry you can't use the birthing centre like you want. I guess the policy makers have their reasons for making the rules they do even if it doesn't make sense on an individual to individual basis. I hope you can still have a stress-free (well, as much as possible) birth.

aw, Wannabe, Im sorry. That seems so unfair!

x_amour: Looks good and maybe its just a difference in countries, but so much of your plan is just the way things are here. Im a nurse and I never give any patient a medication/procedure without the why's how come's and what if's. Nothing was done to me while I was in labour without fully explaining everything to me or my hubby, and babies are generally always delivered onto mama's chest unless baby is struggling. G had to be delivered quick with a quick cord cut and assessed by the NICU, because I had a placental abruption and he was distressed. But he was on my chest within a few minutes of being born. It seems odd to me that you have to ask for that.

I never wrote a birth plan for G, and wont for this baby either. My plan is simply to get baby out safely!

I'm in Canada and it's pretty much the same here too except our hospital's policy is to automatically give an IV. I forget what it's for, to be honest. I do remember some women on my tour with DS' pregnancy complaining and the nurse simply said it's how it's done. The tour was awhile ago but I THINK the reason was along the lines of "should you need one in emergency situation you are ready to go". But I can't say for sure! And now our hospital only does an online virtual tour so I can't go back and ask. We already only had a 'virtual tour' but it was done at the hospital in a seminar room where we could speak directly with the nurse leading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->