May Emeralds 2014! :)

Phantom - 99 days to go! Yay! Double figures! :happydance:

Emalou - It's horrible isn't it? :(

We had a 28 week scan today with the Fetal Assessment Unit, I'm 28 weeks and 2 days, everything was measuring fine with baby and he currently weighs 2lbs 13oz! Have another scan at 34 weeks to compare measurements etc.

I think the worst part of my hospital stay was the conflicting BF info I would get from the nurses. Each one had their own opinion on how to make it work. My friends have all complained about the same thing. I also didn't like getting my boobs manhandled. They'd just come and grab my boobs without even asking.

OMG. I could have written this! I was sooo frustrated with the breasfeeding info. G refused every attempt to feed him, and just got more and more frustrated. One nurse would tell me to pump some colostrum and dropper feed, another would tell me not to pump, but just keep trying him on the boob. Then the 3rd told me to hand express, and fingerfeed, another wanted me to pump into a little bottle for him. Nipple shield, no nipple shield... I was an emotional wreck and so confused. I feel like those first 3 days of inconsistent and downright contradictory information ruined our breastfeeding relationship. I never did manage to get him to breastfeed much, and was in such a depression over it, it was ridiculous! Never again will I put that much stress on my family over something as silly as breastfeeding. I will try again, but if it doesn't work, baby is getting a bottle.

Lovely bump! Im soooo much bigger this time around. Uncomfortable already, my whole abdomen feels tight and heavy.

Good luck with your move Lilly!

Phantom, I feel lots of cervical pressure and what feels like little fingers playing with it. Most of the kicks I feel are directed at my hip. Baby is insistent on being transverse, which is starting to freak me out a little...

I had a similar experience. I ended up FF'ing DS because he refused to nurse and he wasn't even peeing anymore and I was spiraling into post partum depression with all the stress. I had even seen a lactation consultant who had said "i can make any baby nurse". Obviously, she had never met my child. I'm really hoping to BF this time but I'm not willing to put myself through that level of stress again. I think it will go better if I pretend I'm an "old hand" at it and just try to figure it out at me and my baby's own pace. And if I have to go to FF then so be it.

Ditto! I really hope it works out for us both this time

Phantom - 99 days to go! Yay! Double figures! :happydance:

Emalou - It's horrible isn't it? :(

We had a 28 week scan today with the Fetal Assessment Unit, I'm 28 weeks and 2 days, everything was measuring fine with baby and he currently weighs 2lbs 13oz! Have another scan at 34 weeks to compare measurements etc.

Glad your scan went well lovely :)
I'm waiting for two growth scan dates in the post! Can't wait to see my little one again.

Re floods: I'm lucky I live in the midlands (more so to the east) but our rivers are breaking too! Can't imagine how people are coping in Somerset etc my heart goes out to the farmers and their livelihoods!

the floods are just terrible im up north and we havnt been affected at all (yet :/ )

ill be having regular growth scans every 2-4 weeks because of gd it will be interesting to see how much hes growing every couple of weeks i have my first one next wednesday

4D Scan this afternoon mega excited!!!! :happydance:

I live in a flood-prone area so I feel for you ladies in the UK. That sucks. :( Hope the waters recede soon.

Excalibur - congrats on the lovely scan and getting to see your LO again!

Thanks everyone (from the USA etc) but us UK residents have (they reckon) months of this to come.

On a lighter note. I ordered my pushchair yesterday, the said it'll take 14 days but rang me today and said do I want it delivered tomorrow!! I'm so excited.

Emalou - Thank you very much hun! :D

Hope your scan dates come through soon, they are so exciting! :cloud9:

I hope your rivers don't break and cause flooding in your area! I used to live on a farm in the countryside and we got flooded three times! Wasn't fun at all! :(

That's fab that you are getting your pushchair delivered tomorrow! :dance:

Rosie - That's great that you will get to see your little one so much, it's amazing seeing how much they have grown since your last scan etc.

Hope everything went well at your 4D scan, how exciting! :D

Starry - Thank you ever so much :)

I'm hoping everything is going well with everyone here. To be honest, I feel a bit overwhelmed everytime I open BnB, I don't know exactly why, but I think it's best if I refrain from coming here for a while. I'm suspecting I might be depressed, so I need to work on that.
On top of that I got a call from the midwife's office, the tests came back positive for an UTI. I have no idea when it started, so I'm freaking out as I've read that an untreated UTI in 3rd tri can cause the baby to be mentally ********. Fortunately I'll have antibiotics, but still, the idea that it could go wrong is not what I needed right now, not in the state I'm already in.

Hannah - I'm sorry to hear that you got sent home from work with bad reflux and tummy pains, I hope it's nothing too serious? :hugs:

Fleur - I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling too great right now, I hope you feel better real soon :hugs:

Well 4D scan didnt go to plan! the little monkey who had been constantly on the move from when i woke up till lunch time decided to curl up head down facing my spine fast asleep! sent me for a walk and to get a drink of fresh orange and to eat a creme egg (apparantley always gets babies moving!) an hour later nothing still sound asleep no matter how much prodding she was doing! Have to go back on 3rd March!

midwife appt tomorrow too!

Rosie I've got midwife tomorrow to, good luck hope everything goes well :)

Rosie - I'm sorry to hear that your 4D scan didn't go quite to plan! Baby must have been very tired! At least you get to go back and try again. Better luck next time and hopefully baby will be awake! :thumbup:

I hope everything goes well at your Midwife appointment tomorrow :)

thanks! he has literally just come alive now just in time for me to go to bed lol typical hope its not a sign of things to come once hes here ;) im used to a good sleeper lol!

same to you aswell Nic hope all goes ok! xx

My son would kick me all night in the womb but was sleeping 8 hours straight through the night by 6 weeks so you might have another good sleeper. Little stinker for not cooperating during the 4-D scan! They do start young, don't they?

I woke my little one up this morning with a massive sneeze haha :rofl: poor baby!

had midwife this morning, got a scan this afternoon as I'm only measuring 25weeks instead of 28. will let you all know how I get on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->