May Emeralds 2014! :)

Hannah - We aren't having a baby shower, although I would love one! Tried organizing one ourselves when I was pregnant with Tyler but nobody showed any interest so we aren't even bothering this time! :(

Amour - Hope your GD test went well today.

Rosie - Glad to hear that your Midwife appointment went well.

Gaves - Wow, well done on winning! :D

Spent 3 hours at hospital this morning, hadnt felt baby moving since yesterday morning tried everything, got to work and still hadnt felt anything so rang them and had to go in, spent over an hour on the monitor because for the part of it his heart rate was going from 117-178 so they kept me on longer it eventually settled to around 140, he still didnt really move but they were happy enough just a bit of a lazy baby :/ but they had to get the diabetes nurse to see me and im now on insulin once a day because my fasting glucose levels are raised :(

wanabe if you can try and get a support belt or if you have stretchy wrap your planning on using for baby theres a way you can wrap it to help take the weight from your bump ill post the link to the video quite hard to explain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCl35l1XOuc&app=desktop

28 week appointment and GD test today. Managed to throw up everything while having my blood drawn, it was fabulous lol. Apparently early mornings, pure sugar and an empty stomach doesn't mix well.

Found out the very sad news that my OB has cancer. He's out of state for the next few months getting chemo. :( This for me though means he more than likely will not be able to be at my birth. I was freaking out as most of you know he's the ONLY OB for 75 miles that performs VBACs but my replacement OB, who's very nice!, said he'd be willing to do my VBAC! I was so happy! I'm so sad for my OB though.

Baby is doing well though, good heartbeat. My weight and blood pressure has been perfect so far so no signs of preeclampsia yet. We turned in our hospital registration papers and toured the birthing suites, they're so nice!

80 days to go!

I'm sorry to hear about your OB. That must be so hard on him and his family. I hope the chemo is successful! For your sake I am glad that your new OB is willing to help you with a VBAC.

My OB is quite pro-VBAC too but our hospital works it so you get whatever doctor is on call....not necessarily your actual OB. So while I may go into labour naturally, I may wind up with an OB who doesn't really care for VBACs and I will get an emergency section no matter what. I honestly am not too attached to any particular birth as long as baby gets here. But if I'm going to mentally prepare for a VBAC then anything else would be a bit more jarring.

Still in triple digits and feeling very far behind everyone else! lol

Hia ladies, I know I don't post in here to often (I really should get ontop of it) but have read back over all the posts. I'm in the uk too and have been debating a baby shower, I fancy the food and the games and decorations but not the presents. Like pp's have said we've already been given loads and bought things. So I don't expect anything else and certainty don't want to ask for it. Is there a polite way of saying no gifts please on invitations. I'm up for it if I can find a way around that lol. My sister and I were thinking afternoon tea (scones, cakes and tea of course) hmmmm.... Something to think about. Xx

how is everyone feeling???

Is anyone else required to do a kick count chart? At my appointment yesterday they gave me a chart and told me that every day I have to do it for one hour. I understand the importance of fetal movement after 28 weeks but never had to do it with DD. Wondering if it's a common thing though!

Nope, but I'm uk based.
We're supposed to pay attention (like everyone!) anyway? :shrug:
Maybe it's just so they have a record? Or you do?
Bah seems silly when we notice anyway :dohh:

It's a bit odd for me, I definitely know when something's up. I actually have to turn it in when I've had baby!

thats so strange :shrug:

i get told to keep an eye on movements hut i do anyway and at appointments they ask how she has been moving :shrug:

Hia ladies, I know I don't post in here to often (I really should get ontop of it) but have read back over all the posts. I'm in the uk too and have been debating a baby shower, I fancy the food and the games and decorations but not the presents. Like pp's have said we've already been given loads and bought things. So I don't expect anything else and certainty don't want to ask for it. Is there a polite way of saying no gifts please on invitations. I'm up for it if I can find a way around that lol. My sister and I were thinking afternoon tea (scones, cakes and tea of course) hmmmm.... Something to think about. Xx

how is everyone feeling???

Just put "no obligation to bring gifts" on the invites. Some people just love to bring presents and may feel put off if you say "no gifts at all". I know I LOVE buying people presents. I guess it's how I express my love:haha:. We don't do showers for second-borns out here but I buy them a little gift anyways. I guess I feel like every child deserves something new.

Or just put "Welcome Baby Open House" on the invites and don't use the word "shower".

x-amour - I've never had to fill out an official chart. I was just told to pay attention. I think I'd like a chart though because that means the doctors are actually paying attention and care. I often feel like we're told to pay attention to things and to contact our health care providers with our concerns but whenever I do I'm told "you're fine" or "that's normal" over the phone without any investigation. Or the ER staff make me feel like I'm wasting their time. I don't get it. :shrug:

im 27 weeks so third tri for me :happydance:

https://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p704/magicwhisper1/baby%20wells/27weeks_zps829ab99c.jpg

We don't have to keep a chart here but have to keep an eye on movements, at least 10 per day. I love movements but hate keeping an eye on them and remembering how many I've felt. When baby has a quiet day I really panic. Its so stressful. But I absolutly love feeling baby move, its the best thing about being pregnant!!

I had a midwife app today and my fh was 31 weeks at 28+4. They sent me straight for a scan at the hospital to check growth, all was well and baby measuring just 1 week ahead. Was saying to oh that I need to exchange the newborn babygrows I bought for 0-3 I think haha xx

Rosie - I'm sorry to hear that you had to go to the Hospital, I'm glad baby is ok though and that sucks that you have to have Insulin :( :hugs:

Amour - I'm so sorry to hear about your OB :(

Magic - Lovely bump! :D

Felix - Glad to hear that everything went well at your scan.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone <3

Quiet on here today ladies. Hope you're all up to something fun!

Valentines night for us was funny, hubby is on call and when we went to bed, his phone went off lots! 29 emails, servers failing, power down! Thank you weather.
While he was trying to fix it (remotely) I fell asleep boohoo!

Hey ho! Typical! Hope you all had fun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->