May Emeralds 2014! :)

FTM mom here and you ladies scare the crap out of me!!! You have done it and you are still this worried... I am really hoping for a vaginal birth since c-section scares. I have had my gallbladder out and those were tiny scars (not anymore lol) so the thought of a massive scar across my belly sounds painful. Who knows though, I cant plan it and she will come out how she wants to!

My aches and pains are horrible these days. The hip pain all day and the rib pain kicks in at night. I have been getting in bed about 730 everynight since I just cant stand the pain of sitting up anymore!

Crazy nesting today and cant focus on work! By 730am I had all of my magazines sorted, into piles of throw out, keep and read to throw. Seeing clutter around is literally driving me nuts right now!

DH went and picked up an extra crib and changing table yesterday! Beautiful and in great condition. A friend with twins is getting rid of a ton and GAVE us those. The crib is going right to my moms! My best friend (and soon to be godmother) is giving us her crib from her 3 year old. Such amazing friends!!

PS... looking out my window to SNOW coming down! BOOOO!

Majority of bad vaginal birth stories, like horrible tears ect are because of incompetent OBs/Midwives. You really have to find a provider with good reputation and same beliefs as you. Ive never had a csection before but to me its kind of a no brainer, major abdominal surgery or vaginal birth that women have a vagina for that purpose? I think just doing your research to find out the truth behind the numbers of complications from each birth, uterine ruptures, tears ect. will help calm any fears. Once a csection doesnt mean always a csection. If there is a medical reason then of course but if its just because the doctor sees youve had one before, Id find a new doctor.

For first time moms: Birth is really not as scary as its made out to be. :)

To all FTMs
My vaginal birth was amazing, I closed my eyes, listened to my body and went with it just knowing to listen to the midwife and do as she says, I stopped pushing when she said therefore I did not tear.

I'm not saying everyone's will be easy but listening to your body and not stressing out helps so much - if you are in the hospital giving birth, if there are any concerns you are in the best place for emergency care :hugs:

FTMs: I had a complicated vaginal birth (not due to incompetence in any way), and am still here, doing it again :thumbup: complications happen, and the best advice I have is just go with the flow :) Things will never go exactly as planned, and at the end of the day, baby has to come out. No matter how he/she arrives, the important thing is that they arrive safely.

I had a vaginal birth with a 9lb 12oz chunky monkey, and I had a few tears, but the doctors knew what they were doing and I had a very easy recovery. I agree with bumpin. The baby has to come at some point, so the way it happens is a small thing compared to the huge reward you get out of having made a little tiny person!

I defiantly feel like a FTM, I have no idea what this is gonna feel like! I really hope I get skin to skin straight away I didn't with Ava cos she was really poorly and had to be taken away :(

I defiantly feel like a FTM, I have no idea what this is gonna feel like! I really hope I get skin to skin straight away I didn't with Ava cos she was really poorly and had to be taken away :(

Let's just say when you go into labour (hopefully spontaniously) you'll know :thumbup: none of this guessing business people get worried about.
Rhythmic frequent contractions which get closer together and more intense.

Nobody told me as a FTM that you can't talk during the reeeeaaaally intense ones! :haha:

I hope you get skin to skin too, make sure you write it on your birthing plan so it's there is black and white for everyone to see. Obviously with Ava That was impossible to do if she was poorly, But hopefully this baby will be happy to go straight up to you :hugs:

Thanks ema :) :kiss:
Ohhh I defiantly know what labour is like :haha: I laboured for 33 and half hours :lol: but lots of blood and baby turning lead to emergency section :( but the pushing part! But I guess everyone describes it differently haha!

Ohhh I defiantly know what labour is like :haha: I laboured for 33 and half hours :lol: but lots of blood and baby turning lead to emergency section :( but the pushing part! But I guess everyone describes it differently haha!

Oh I didn't realise you had laboured :flower:

Well the pushing is uncontrollable! Like a big BM but you can't hold it in even if you try :haha:

I feel like a FTM too even though I did make it to the pushing stage. Only, I got just 3 pushes out--and only one was any good, the other two were so half-assed because I was super tired--before I was yelled at to stop and the c-section had to begin. I'm afraid of the "ring of fire". I had just started to feel it before I had to stop and when I laughed about it with a nurse afterwards she simply said "what you felt was nothing to what you would have felt in the end". She came across as such a downer and leaves me scared of how bad it can get because what I felt was certainly not pleasant.

I agree with the uncontrollable part though. My body started to push of it's own accord and the doctor wasn't ready yet as they were trying to get a blood sample from my son's scalp. Fighting that urge to push was so hard and having 3 interns trying to shove a scalpel up my vagina at the same time just pushed me over the edge and I had a massive anxiety attack (and I mean massive...I needed oxygen). I think that is what zapped me of any energy to push afterwards.

i hear you on the pelvic pain total agony turning over in bed doesnt help tonight had to run after DD in the park today becausee she decided to be a bit of a free spirit :/

DD was 8lb 3 born im dreading how big this one is going to be especially with having GD :S

im kind of freaking out about the birth at the minute bigtime im petrified of both vbac and elcs and im really struggling with a decision :shrug:

Im still debating if i should go a repeat c section or vbac too. Im meeting with a senior obstetrician next week to discuss it further.

I really want to experience a natural birth but ive heard horror stories about them too - not to mention im terrified of a uterine rupture. I know the chance is still small tho but the risk is there.

As we already have a 3 yr old having an exact date makes it so much easier to prepare and for her being looked after and dh with work too. Apparently emergency c sections are much worse then elective.

I dunno, im terrified either way and i know if i can have a successful vbac its much better for me and bubs. Just worried ill end up with another emergency section so would rather an elective than that.

Ah decisions, decisions!!

see your reasons are pretty much the same as mine, ive always felt cheated i never got to experience labour not a single contraction and some ppl say im mad for thinking that but then the risks of uterine rupture or haemorrage scare the living daylights out of me but then the thought of going through labour for it to end in an other emcs scare me just as much, what worries me with an elective is well its not really worry i just know ill end up so anxious because ill have "time" to think about it were with the emcs there wasnt a second to think about it, arghhhhh such a decision to make im going to bring it up with my MW next week and the obstrecian when im there on 24th, x

FTM mom here and you ladies scare the crap out of me!!! You have done it and you are still this worried... I am really hoping for a vaginal birth since c-section scares. I have had my gallbladder out and those were tiny scars (not anymore lol) so the thought of a massive scar across my belly sounds painful. Who knows though, I cant plan it and she will come out how she wants to!

My aches and pains are horrible these days. The hip pain all day and the rib pain kicks in at night. I have been getting in bed about 730 everynight since I just cant stand the pain of sitting up anymore!

Crazy nesting today and cant focus on work! By 730am I had all of my magazines sorted, into piles of throw out, keep and read to throw. Seeing clutter around is literally driving me nuts right now!

DH went and picked up an extra crib and changing table yesterday! Beautiful and in great condition. A friend with twins is getting rid of a ton and GAVE us those. The crib is going right to my moms! My best friend (and soon to be godmother) is giving us her crib from her 3 year old. Such amazing friends!!

PS... looking out my window to SNOW coming down! BOOOO!

a section as a FTM scared me too however i will say my recovery was totally fine and after about 4 days i was back on my feet properly with not much pain at all , but you will be totally fine (if it was that bad 1st time round we wouldnt have had another ;) ;) ) x

i made a start on washing some of babies clothes today eeeek they are so small :cloud9:

also picked the carrycot up and my mum came round and cleaned all the pram up (the one we had for DD!) beginning to feel very real now! x

Oh I didn't realise you had laboured :flower:

Well the pushing is uncontrollable! Like a big BM but you can't hold it in even if you try :haha:

This sounds thrilling :haha:

i made a start on washing some of babies clothes today eeeek they are so small :cloud9:

also picked the carrycot up and my mum came round and cleaned all the pram up (the one we had for DD!) beginning to feel very real now! x

I'm really looking forward to seeing a line full of teeny tiny clothes, just hope my lil heffalump fits into the newborn stuff we've bought her :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing a line full of teeny tiny clothes, just hope my lil heffalump fits into the newborn stuff we've bought her :D

i know what you mean ive literally just been sat folding them up and said to hubby my goodness i really dont think he will fit in these even though he wil be delivered about 2 weeks early! ive decided to make a bag up of 0-3 he can bring in just incase lol! x

I've only bought newborn :/ :lol: but I'm guessing he/she won't be in my unisex stuff long haha!

Now I'm the opposite, with my DD I never bought any newborn stuff for her and 0-3 was massive, she was 7lbs 10oz so a nice average.
This time I've bought newborn so we can enjoy them fitting her properly :)

im "hoping" newborn should be ok and be a nice fit DD was 8lb3oz born and was in newborn for about 6 weeks ish, im thinking even if hes around the 8lb mark at 2 weeks early he should be good for a couple of weeks :winkwink:

Now I'm the opposite, with my DD I never bought any newborn stuff for her and 0-3 was massive, she was 7lbs 10oz so a nice average.

Ava was the same! 0-3 was so baggy on her! She was 8.0.5oz , I've bought LOTS of unisex things tho :blush:

Ava was the same! 0-3 was so baggy on her! She was 8.0.5oz , I've bought LOTS of unisex things tho :blush:

Haha, overboard maybe Hannah? :haha:

I've not bought a whole newborn wardrobe, just sleepsuits and bodysuits. I don't care if baby won't be in them for long, I'll be glad some things fit and her legs don't get lost :dohh:
Also, my sister in law is due in September so I can hand down some of my newborn things if she has a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->