May Emeralds 2014! :)

Aleena was 6lb14 oz and had real skinny legs and arms , newborn was a little big on her lol. So I've bought a lot of newborn and some 0-3.

30 weeks today! Yay getting closer :)

So for all of you that have had C-Section, what was your recovery time?

I might be in for one this time around if baby doesn't turn around!

Apparently the recovery between emergency and elective is completely different,
I recovered after about 6-8 weeks with emergency but my sister recovered in about 3-4 with a elective xxx

to be honest my recovery with an emergency i thought (and so did my mum she had 2 emergencys and had long recoverys) was quite quick definatley 3-3half weeks i was totally fine! x

I think you just need to remember it's major surgery, I was in hospital for two weeks after Ava was born and as soon as I got home I did too much, and my scar opened Uhoh! If only I rested for a little longer it would have been much better xx

Breech doesnt always have to mean csection :winkwink: Plus 28 weeks is still super super early to be worrying about presentation. Babies can flip at 38 weeks!

I'm 32 weeks and had a scan today, baby is breech with feet up by his/her head. They will rescan at 36 weeks, and manually turn if still breech :-( if unsuccessful, then a csection. At least I can prepare mentally for that now.

I've also started washing baby clothes, and feeling overwhelmed starting to pack hospital bag. Looking at my stuff I don't even know where to begin.

On a very happy note, going to treat myself to a yummy mummy changing bag :). In peppermint green so fairly unisex. Happy!

No way on earth will I try to deliver if baby is breech. That seems like needless trouble. Blah. I need to go over labour plans with OB again but I will mention that I want a section for a breech baby.

Felix - I love it :) I got the not so plain Jane one (without the cupcake) in navy blue xxx

I would attempt a breech vaginal birth ONLY if the delivering Dr has experience in breech delivery. If you have a skilled Dr the risks of a breech birth are actually less than those of a section, and the recovery is exponentially less complicated/painful. I know of a white a few women in my city that have had successful breech deliveries. There is only 1 OB who does them, he's old school, and very experienced.

So far this baby is insistent on remaining transverse. No options for that if she refuses to budge!

Same here, I'd try to deliver a breech baby vaginally if they midwife/dr had experience.

30 weeks already!! This pregnancy is going way too fast. We are still renovating half our house. Eek!

Cot and push chair have arrived today. We now have everything we need just have to finish up the nursery and pack the bag and we re ready!

Cot and push chair have arrived today. We now have everything we need just have to finish up the nursery and pack the bag and we re ready!

Too exciting!!
Im in denial, I don't want to pack my bag yet....
Maybe in April... :dohh::haha:

Felix - I love it :) I got the not so plain Jane one (without the cupcake) in navy blue xxx[/QUOTE

That was my other choice. So excited for it to one now.

Set the swing crib up today, its huge lol. Bigger than I thought. I needed to measure it so we can order a mattress as crib is from a friend. Have also been ironing all baby's clothes. Very overwhelming I think, just 7 weeks and my life is going to change so much x

lol. I've never ironed an article of clothing, and probably never will! Can someone educate me as to why you UK girls seem to iron everything?

I haven't packed a bag, but I have started my list. I'm still deciding on what outfit I want to bring baby home in. For the most part, G was in a diaper and wrapped in a blanket, so not bringing much for clothing. I lived in comfy PJ's, and only used a few toiletries, so probable not packing until I think im in labour.

Bumpin - I do not iron.. Like I don't iron anything! I've moved out 4 years ago and used my iron once Hahha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->