May Emeralds 2014! :)

Can I ask a FTM naive question... what is SPD?? :shrug:

Can I ask a FTM naive question... what is SPD?? :shrug:

It's pelvic girdle pain caused by pregnancy. Can affect hips thighs back etc

As a FTM I had no idea either when I first saw so went on a google hunt. Very glad by the reports that I don't have it as it sound painful.

Exactly! my hips and back hurt.. but doesnt sound as bad as this! OUCH

Next questions: what do you do about washing clothes/sheets etc? Do you use dryer sheets that are dye/perfume free?? I am reading that you shouldnt use it at all but you know the web is!

SPD sucks. Usually a good nights sleep helped mine settle, but now it does nothing.

That's why I haven't done anything about it yet. Usually I'd do to bed and the next day I felt much better, but this morning it was worse than it was yesterday.

Right now baby is having a dance party and keeps bumping his head near my pubic bone :dohh:

Mayb_baby - Adorable bump!!

Phanton - Where there's a will, there's a way! You got this. I'm having my second also :)

Look into dryer balls, they're all natural.
Dryer sheets are not good for you at all!

My mom just came over with a few things... including dryer balls!!! Perfect timing.

yay :) I have 4 , bought them on Etsy.
they're made from wool.

Oh it's April , that means due NEXT MONTH!!
can't wait to get April out of the way.

I'm starting to get frustrated with my MIL. She doesn't understand what SPD is and thinks its the same thing as the hip pain most women get during pregnancy. She keeps telling me "oh yeah I had that, its just your hips moving apart its not that bad." Um no, my pubic bone feels like its gonna shatter in a million pieces. Not the same. Maybe I'm just getting cranky cuz I want to see this baby. :blush:

Oh phantom, don't bother trying to get any sympathy off people who brush off issues like SPD!
Anyone who has ever had it would never just say "ahhh nevermind!" Or something along those lines.

I now wake up everyday in pain, whereas earlier on in pregnancy it would only get worse in the evenings Xx

my best friend who is pregnant has spd so i compleltly sympathize with all of you. It is horrible for her :hugs:

it was birthday yesterday and im 34 weeks today! ticker is head down so we must be getting close ;) :haha:

i think unless someone has suffered with SPD then they just simply have no idea how painful it actually is x

Quick question for you ladies, i know breathlessness in late pregnancy is fairly normal but im really struggling sometimes when i sit down it feels like my chest is been really crushed which i can undestand becaise he will be getting pushed upwards but when i lay down (on my sides) i get the same feeling its like i just cant get enough oxygen its a strange feeling to describe its been like this on and off for the last week, it does eventually go after i toss and turn all over but the feeling it gives is pretty horrible, anyone else get this?

SPD has had me walking like a cripple from 16 weeks, it was ok earlier because if it wasn't aggravated I was ok to get on with things.
Now it's in full pain most of the time, getting out of bed or rolling over feels impossible.
I hate people who brush it off as nothing.

i think unless someone has suffered with SPD then they just simply have no idea how painful it actually is x

Quick question for you ladies, i know breathlessness in late pregnancy is fairly normal but im really struggling sometimes when i sit down it feels like my chest is been really crushed which i can undestand becaise he will be getting pushed upwards but when i lay down (on my sides) i get the same feeling its like i just cant get enough oxygen its a strange feeling to describe its been like this on and off for the last week, it does eventually go after i toss and turn all over but the feeling it gives is pretty horrible, anyone else get this?

YES!! More the past few days too.. I find even just sitting here I am very breathless. I was on the phone yesterday w one of the girls on my team and she asked what I was doing and said it sounds like I was running a race... It also kicks in as soon as I lay down, my heart races and I cant breath. Its a weird thing. If I actually DO something like a walk or set of stairs, I feel like I am going to die!!!

2 more days left at work!! I've starting to really struggle, and getting upset with it :(

I had a few meltdowns yesterday. Just started crying for no reason... not comfortable, not sleeping, my back and hip hurt.. super cranky! I feel like its soon to feel "done". Just said to DH, how do I do this another 5 weeks with work if I feel like this now!? Plus the weight, I know I am going to get yelled at again tomorrow. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I am not eating as much these days, trying to make btter decisions and have better snacks. Weather has been yucky so havent walked the past 2 weeks, but when I do I dont make it far with my hip just starting to kill...

I had a few meltdowns yesterday. Just started crying for no reason... not comfortable, not sleeping, my back and hip hurt.. super cranky! I feel like its soon to feel "done". Just said to DH, how do I do this another 5 weeks with work if I feel like this now!? Plus the weight, I know I am going to get yelled at again tomorrow. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I am not eating as much these days, trying to make btter decisions and have better snacks. Weather has been yucky so havent walked the past 2 weeks, but when I do I dont make it far with my hip just starting to kill...

sorry your feeling down :(!
5 weeks seems a lifetime right now doesn't it? I feel the exact same! no idea how I am going to cope:(! Don't take any notice of getting told off about your weight! you've plenty time after baby is here to lose it! pregnancy does things to our bodies we wish it didn't but that's all part of having a baby isn't it! :) hope your feeling better :hugs:

YES!! More the past few days too.. I find even just sitting here I am very breathless. I was on the phone yesterday w one of the girls on my team and she asked what I was doing and said it sounds like I was running a race... It also kicks in as soon as I lay down, my heart races and I cant breath. Its a weird thing. If I actually DO something like a walk or set of stairs, I feel like I am going to die!!!

oh yes walking the stairs :dohh: its the heart racing feeling that i really dont like :/

2 more days left at work!! I've starting to really struggle, and getting upset with it :(

hopefully the 2 days will go quickly for you i cant imagine working as far as you have i finished at 30 weeks so glad i did x

i can totally sympathise :hugs:, getting comfortable whether its sat on the sofa laid in bed sat at the dining table is nigh on impossible and sleep whats sleep :O infact last night was proberbly the worst night ive had and boy have i felt it today, had loads of things planned to do today when i dropped DD off at school and guess what i achieved nothing, that bad ive even resorted to taking DD to macdonalds for tea because i really dont have the energy to cook and DH is working late :/

dont worry RE weight every one gains differently and i always remember someone saying to me when pg with my first 9 months on 9months off!!!

I worked out its 29 sleeps till we get to meet our little man eeek :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"