May Emeralds 2014! :)

You definitely don't look fat, gaves. It enrages me knowing that your doctor is making you feel bad about weight gain. As long as baby and you are healthy, they should shut up about it!

The skin on my belly has been itching so badly in the past few days :(
Sometimes it gets to the point where it's not only itchy, it's painful. Did anyone try taking an oatmeal bath and found it helpful?

Hiccups lower than my belly button?
Head down baby? Stop teasing mummy!

No fleur BUT I've suffered with bad eczema for my whole life.
Trick for itching is wash and then moisturise as much as possible!
Then if you find yourself wanting to itch more, stick more cream on xx

Gaves - You look fantastic!! I don't know why your doctor would be worried. I agree with everyone else...do/eat what you want! You look healthy and absolutely great.

Mayb - Your bump is definitely lower. Exciting!!

Gaves, you are no where near big enough to be getting flack for weight gain. You look fantastic and HEALTHY which is what matters!

Mayb_baby: That baby has definitely DROPPED! Looks like an April baby for you!

Fleur: I always apply a heavy duty cream to my belly when its still wet every time I shower. I really like the super strength Aveeno. Not the stuff that comes with a pump, its in a tub with a red lid.

Do you ladies have much knowledge about paternity leave?
My OH has just been sucessful in an interview today for a great job, but with 4 weeks notice that takes him to about 5th may.
His new job is aware of us having a baby imminently and they don't have a problem with him having time off as they are flexible but wondered how paternity would work? If at all?

If not then it's fine, he's fine with having a few unpaid days off and so am I, but still if he's entitled to any time off then he wants to take advantage of it :thumbup:

emalou90, my DH is starting a new job too. He's getting up to 2 weeks off but it's unpaid. We might just do 1 as he gets off early in the day anyways.

Most places require that you work there a year before they will give a paternity leave. I also don't think many companies offer it unless they are a very large business. If they are giving him some days off right away, I think that's fantastic!

If you are living in the UK, you need to be employed by company for so many weeks before a certain date of pregnancy, not sure of dates. That's to qualify for the pay, should all still be entitled to the leave, even if its unpaid x

That's what we were wondering, if it would be paid or unpaid, but highly likely unpaid.
I'm not fussed and neither is OH.
Just bothered if I end up with a c section! But we agreed, my mum can come and stay and look after DD if need be x

You definitely don't look fat, gaves. It enrages me knowing that your doctor is making you feel bad about weight gain. As long as baby and you are healthy, they should shut up about it!

The skin on my belly has been itching so badly in the past few days :(
Sometimes it gets to the point where it's not only itchy, it's painful. Did anyone try taking an oatmeal bath and found it helpful?

it could just be from your skin stretching but there is also something called obstetric cholestasis i think there is a sticky thread on one of the tri boards to read about x

gaves - what the heck??? Your doctor is giving you trouble about YOUR weight??? You look really, really good. Some women just gain weight and yours looks like it's going to the bump. I have gained just over 30 pounds now and a lot is going all over--face, butt, boobs, thighs, etc--and my OB says things are just fine and I shouldn't worry. Like you, my plan is to start losing it over the summer. I plan on going for lots of walks with my two LOs. Looking forward to the fish and salads too!

I have to admit I haven't been eating the best though. It's not super horrible but now I've gotten this insane maple syrup craving so I'm always making pancakes, crepes, waffles and French Toast and slathering everything in syrup. I used to crave cheese and potatoes which were fatty but at least natural and more nutritious. ha ha

And my belly itches a lot too. I don't know how much is from stretching and how much is from the dry winter air. So far my body butter has been helping quite a bit.

So this little ones measuring 7lb at 35+6 which I hope is wrong lol
As michael was 7lb at 40+3, feeling nervous x

Mayb, measurements on weight can be very wrong sometimes! Keep that bit of info in your mind and hopefully you don't need to worry :)

Lots of babies grow differently too, this baby may slow up its weight gain before the end x

I'll have to get a new body lotion because the one I currently have isn't doing the job :haha:

Just came back from my midwife appointment, it well very well. She's satisfied with my weight gain and the measurements she took. And she told me that if the OBGYN made me give birth at the hospital because she thinks baby's too small, I'd still have a mw with me during labour and birth. I was scared of delivering with strangers, so that's one less thing to worry about!
She's confident I will be able to give birth at the birth center, though :)

Gaves! You are tiny :shock: don't think anyone can moan about your weight!

Fleur - Great News! It's always nice to leave the OB office with something positive :)

Mayb - Did they say anything about you delivering early?

Gained 40 lb with my first and so far 30 with this baby and I'm 33 weeks. Midwife is def not concerned !
49 days to go :)

Measuring bang on 34 weeks today as opposed to two weeks behind from last time :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->