May Emeralds 2014! :)

I've been carrying low the entire pregnancy and I usually feel her in my hips so I guess she doesn't have far to go anyways. She feels like she has dropped while I'm standing but when I sit she feels a bit higher up. I'm not getting that "sitting on baby's head" feeling I got the last month with DS.

Mrs.stefka - I pop Tums like candy. I often will jolt awake and I have to immediately reach for my Tums. I still find that a glass of milk and gravity work the best though.

I was speaking to someone on a thread and they said my huge increase in watery discharge could be my waters slowly leaking! Well after doing a couple of things recommended online to check. I walked around bake and if your damp after a little walk it could be your waters. I put on clean pants and after a while sniff them apparently if it smells like semen or sweet it could be your waters. Well it smells sweet I've never smelt anything like it before

I rung up the labour ward and they said it possibly could be but because I don't have contractions try put me through to triage. The midwife said it was pee! It definatly isn't pee. It smells sweet and I hardly purposely sniff pee but pee dosent smell sweet to me. Because I wouldn't take that it was pee for a answer she told me it couldn't be my waters cos it would be a big leak or gush. She then told me to put a maternity pad on and if it's soaked come in but ring up anyway. Well it won't be soaked because if it is my waters I'm not leaking at that crazy amount only a little.

Either way I plan to go to triage tomorrow and ask to be seen. It's worrying me that it could be my waters and if it is nd it's ignored Ella could get ill

I have felt the same way magic. Seems to be too much for discharge and it seems to just be wet. I've been wondering if I had a leak. Let me know what they say

Hi Ladies, sorry I've gone AWOL. Life has been a bit hectic here. J is a pretty awesome baby. Eats, sleeps and snuggles. G has been testing boundaries, as expected. He's completely in love with his sister, always trying to kiss and hug her, but not always understanding "gentle"

I've updated the front page, but if I missed someone please let me know!

Ladies still waiting, hopefully things start happening for you soon

Good luck Fleur. Birth is a wonderful experience, and you will do amazing!

My SPD has been baddddd the last 2 days. I walk as if I've been horse riding non stop for days!! Ughhhh!!!

I'm right there with you. I wish I could just take my son outside to play but I can barely move.

My SPD has been baddddd the last 2 days. I walk as if I've been horse riding non stop for days!! Ughhhh!!!

I'm right there with you. I wish I could just take my son outside to play but I can barely move.

Ditto. Feel like I'm going to crumble if I go out for a walk. :cry:

Magic, just take yourself up there if you're worried, they can't refuse you at the door!!
But discharge does increase and change a lot. I'm sweating a bit more down there even though it's not hot for example :dohh:

you see i,m tempted to go in but i would feel really stupid if its sweat or something gross

They may or may not see you magic! At this stage it feels like leaking but it's probably sweat. They're quite busy at triage so they only tend to see those with strong pain, bleeding, blood pressure issues and stuff like that.

Phantom and emalou I've tried resting as much as possible and doing the exercises but so far only improves for a short period of time before returning again. My youngest is too young to understand why I'm lying down so much & it makes it harder.

That's all we can do Madrid.
Must be hard with a young one too. At least my DD brings me a blanket or picks things up off the floor for me. I can't wait to be pain free x

LAST DAY OF WORK!!! :happydance:

Now let's just get this going little girl! After starting to time things on Monday, nothing since...

Why no sweep? I thought they offered it at full term?
Well ive just got back from hospital. They tested and said its not my waters. Its the start of my show! Cervix is forward but hard and not dilated. Not the answer i hoped for but could of been worse.

She said she wanted to see if it happened on it's own :( it's so annoying (it was my horrible midwife) I've been told loads if induced it reduces me chances for vbac and so now I have to wait till Wednesday, no induction booked yet either :( ahhhh!

Consultant today.
Sweep performed, favourable.
Just lost a tonne of discharge/browny/pink
Another sweep booked for 14th
Induction booked 19th because of SPD

Baby is slowing her growth now though, she's smaller said my consultant so keeping an eye on movements.
Eeeeeeek!! Scary but great!!

Hannah I'm disappointed for you!!! :( that's awful xxx

Hannah I'm sorry, hope you can get one soon

Afm - I went to clinic today, and my blood pressure has shot up since Wednesday. Sooooo they've sent me to the hospital, to be induced. Had the first pessary at half 1.
Will update when I can xxx

I'm very disapointed :( I thought would have been atleast induction booked considering I'm vbac and need antibiotics during labour! Grrrr! Im
Not happy!

Hope everyone's feeling better then I am xx

Hannah - that really stinks. I don't get the inconsistencies with prenatal care. Some doctors are so intervention-happy while others are so "natural first" that they let women suffer and ignore any potential issues just so they don't have to do anything.

Felix - sorry your bp went up but good luck with your induction! Not much longer and baby will be here!

emalou - good luck, hope this is the beginning for you!

magicwhisper - hope your LO is getting ready to arrive. The cervix can change very quickly.

afm - started getting anxiety dreams. Dreamed I had my baby and I kept dropping her and she was rolling off the bed and nursing was a total bust! The part about the dropping her was the worst though. I hate these dreams. Earlier in the pregnancy I dreamed she got stuck under a couch cushion and I kept sitting on her. I wish my baby dreams could just be happy. lol

I totally agree, one of my midwifes was so up for giving me one today, but I didn't have her :( ohhh well, just lost some plug so me and Ava ran round the block twice and I walked up our 3 floors of stairs :haha:

Hannah so sorry :hugs:!
Emalou our induction is the same day :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->