May Emeralds 2014! :)

I've felt "off" for the last couple of days I can't explain it I just haven't felt right. Starting last night I've had terrible bowl movements constantly (sorry for the tmi) and I now feel sick and eating my dinner is the last thing on my mind!

Last time my tummy was as bad as this I had food poisoning but I have literally not eaten anything that could give me that. Not even a maybe it could be this item! And it isn't the same as my ibs.

I'm really hoping its a pre labour clear out and it's not a bug or anything. But I'm not thinking anything of it yet :/

Sounds positive. Good luck and keep us informed x

Last hour of due date and no signs of baby :(

Huge hugs. It is really frustrating. Plus I've seen loads of people on your FB telling you to have the baby which I doubt helps :dohh:

People say the same thing to me. "Hey. Have your baby. NOW." If it was that easy, I would've given birth 2 weeks ago!
Most of them have stopped after I made a post saying "don't take it personally, but it's starting to piss me off that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is asking if I've had the baby yet. Trust me, when it happens, you'll know. Until then...shhhhh!"
I don't know if anyone did take it personally, but to be honest idgaf.

:hugs: to the overdue ladies. I know how terribly I feel and I'm not full-term until tomorrow. I hope your babies come soon.

emalou - I'm surprised they're not treating your bladder infection. I was always under the understanding that infections in pregnancy are bad as they can transfer to the baby. I had a slight cut that was infected and got seen and treated straight away. I can see your midwife's point that you don't want to go overboard with the antibiotics but sometimes it's necessary. I'm not a medical professional but that's the first time I heard of someone leaving a bladder infection untreated. Even when not pregnant they can go to the kidneys. I didn't think symptoms have an effect one way or the other. Girls on this board have had 2nd tri miscarriages or gone into preterm labour from undiagnosed bladder infections and uti's.

I am absolutely knackered but am out of bed at 3.25am because of heartburn and my bloody sciatica acting up and making every move agony.

I'm gonna because complete cow tomorrow!

AHHH! So excited/nervous/scared/anxious/all of the above! My scheduled C-section is in less than 12 hours!!! LO has been breech the entire pregnancy so we're going the scheduled C-section route. Not my ideal birth plan, but hey, whatever gets baby here safely. I'm not gonna lie, it actually has been very convenient to tell friends and loved ones exactly when she'll be here and have my husband know in advance what to tell his work for time off.

Anyway, the point of the matter is that I'M GONNA BE A MOMMY TOMORROW MORNING!!! :happydance:

Good luck runawayface!
And hugs to all you overdue mommies. :hugs:

I'm having baby name issues. We've had our name picked for months, but I just found out my mom doesn't like the middle name which is supposed to be a tribute to her. Urgh, my brain hurts. I don't know what to do.

AHHH! So excited/nervous/scared/anxious/all of the above! My scheduled C-section is in less than 12 hours!!! LO has been breech the entire pregnancy so we're going the scheduled C-section route. Not my ideal birth plan, but hey, whatever gets baby here safely. I'm not gonna lie, it actually has been very convenient to tell friends and loved ones exactly when she'll be here and have my husband know in advance what to tell his work for time off.

Anyway, the point of the matter is that I'M GONNA BE A MOMMY TOMORROW MORNING!!! :happydance:

Good luck! I agree that planned sections are very convenient for those reasons and I had kind of wanted one too just so things would be easier to plan (my mom has to fly in to come help around the house and we need to settle a sitter for DS, etc) but my OB talked me out of it. lol

Phantom - that is a tough one. If she simply didn't like it then I would say it's your baby so ultimately your choice but as the name was supposed to be a tribute to her it would be awkward to go ahead with it against her wishes. I'm honestly not sure what I'd do in that situation either. Does she know you meant it as a tribute? But if you do pick a new middle name maybe keep it a secret until baby is born so you don't get the negative feedback.

Haha me and OH have planned baby to arrive on a Friday so he gets two extra days off over the weekend.
Ahhhh wishful thinking!! Tomorrow then... Or next week? :haha:

:hugs: to the overdue ladies. I know how terribly I feel and I'm not full-term until tomorrow. I hope your babies come soon.

emalou - I'm surprised they're not treating your bladder infection. I was always under the understanding that infections in pregnancy are bad as they can transfer to the baby. I had a slight cut that was infected and got seen and treated straight away. I can see your midwife's point that you don't want to go overboard with the antibiotics but sometimes it's necessary. I'm not a medical professional but that's the first time I heard of someone leaving a bladder infection untreated. Even when not pregnant they can go to the kidneys. I didn't think symptoms have an effect one way or the other. Girls on this board have had 2nd tri miscarriages or gone into preterm labour from undiagnosed bladder infections and uti's.

I would also query why they aren't giving you antibiotics, an infection can transfer to baby. I know a lady, who sadly at 23 weeks lost her baby because the midwife refused to believe her when she said she had an infection, a post mortam showed the infection is what killed the baby. There is a huge investigation into it now, and that midwife has been suspended...
But what I'm saying is, please don't just drop it, just in case. I don't mean to scare you, I realise what I've written isnt nice, but it is true. Good luck xx

Last hour of due date and no signs of baby :(

Huge hugs. It is really frustrating. Plus I've seen loads of people on your FB telling you to have the baby which I doubt helps :dohh:

People say the same thing to me. "Hey. Have your baby. NOW." If it was that easy, I would've given birth 2 weeks ago!
Most of them have stopped after I made a post saying "don't take it personally, but it's starting to piss me off that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is asking if I've had the baby yet. Trust me, when it happens, you'll know. Until then...shhhhh!"
I don't know if anyone did take it personally, but to be honest idgaf.

Aarrghhh yes! Ive been having this since 39 weeks, "any news" "still waiting for news" "hurry up I want cuddles"... I give the same "nothing yet" to everyone. I had about 10 messages yesterday, but usually no fewer than 5. I'm pleased people really care, and I know I'd be sad if nobody was interesed, but seriously its like as if I'm not going to tell anyone when baby is here, which now I'm tempted not to lol. And end up saying "oh yeah I had baby last week, just forgot to mention it"

Good luck today, update us with pictures when you can x

Harry was born
7.5.2014, 6.21am, 8lb 11oz, 55cm, 11 1/2hours of labour, natural delivery

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 12
Birth story:
Waters burst at 6.40pm on the 6th with light meconium staining, hospital automatically placed me in high risk so had to go to labour instead of mid led.
Contraction were strong from 7.30pm 3mins apart but were only 30-40secs long, so they put me in a drip to make the contractions stronger, gas and worked and I managed wit it until 10.45pm where I was 3cm.
I then got diamorphine at 11pm which helped take the edge off, checked again at 12am was only 4cm and it all went slowly from there. They put it down to my cell removal of pre cancerous cells after michael.
5.10am I was 5cm and they were talking about assisting me if I hadn't progressed by 7am as I was exhausted and wanted to give up.
6am I needed to push, pushed for 21 mins had ventouse (which popped off twice) and an episiotomy which resulted in 29stitches.
So I'm sore and had to stay a night due to checks on him being born in meconium and then home today😄

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 10
Thankfully I don't mind the Facebook comments hahah! I feel like royalty ;) haha!

Ohhh my I'm not happy tho, I don't know if any of you remember bit about 5 times so far I've woken up in the night with the WORST tummy ache, last night it happened again. At first I thought labour? Nope the pain is constant for about 5 hours, being sick acid and number 2 :( bed time for me again in a sec :( xxx

Mayb congratulations :D!

Runawayface good luck today x

Runaway good luck!!

Mayb congrats on the birth if you cute baby boy!! So sorry to hear you needed so many stitches. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->