May Emeralds 2014! :)

I have cramping on and off. Figure it's just my uterus stretching :)

I had some cramping last night, I'm guessing it's just stretching I remember having it a little bit throughout my whole pregnancy. The ligaments stretching on my sides are painful!! I have been in maternity jeans for a few weeks now... I'm 11.5 weeks. Even using a button my jeans were pushing on my tummy and making me sick. We have had our baby names for a while now... Addison for a girl and Ryan for a boy. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat on Monday. Fingers crossed everything is still good!!!

oh dear :( hope she gets better soon

i just read the booklet the give you with the scan date and it has now confused me :wacko:

in the general group meeting i had with a midwife she said they will do a ultrasound through your tummy then if it is hard to see do you vaginaly and you need a pretty full bladder to go to your scan with

the booklet says

they will do both scans anyway through the tummy and vaginaly and you dont need a full bladder so what the hell :wacko: if they can see baby fine withought a vaginal scan i personaly wont let them do one as everywere online says it is only if it is a early scan (which mine isnt) or if they struggle seeing baby:

I never had a vaginal ultrasound with my first. At 12 weeks it's pretty easy for them to see through your tummy.

My scan is next week when I will be 9+5 and they just told me to drink a pint of water 1 hour before the scan and that's a normal ultrasound. I am not doing that or I will wet myself haha. I'll drink enough but will do it 30 mins before since they always keep you waiting at these things!

I've been told to drink a pint of water to:) I'm sure they will see baby through tummy therefore no need for vaginal scan :)

Even at 8 weeks they could see everything well enough they didn't have to do a vaginal with me.

Thank you girls

I think i will drink water half an hour before, i wont be able to not pee for over a hour!.and as long as they can see baby fine i will tell them i dont want a vaginal scan

I just ate Skittles. At 9:00 AM. Some things are only acceptable when you're pregnant.

I had a scan at 7 weeks, they didn't need to do a vaginal scan to see it, or to do measurements. I'd drink the water, because it helps get a better picture from your tummy, and you can just pee if they need to do a vaginal one. those booklets of yours seem to confuse people more than they help... lol

It is a GREAT morning after yesterday!! Got this fab picture. 5/11 is confirmed as the due date and spot on for size at 10 weeks 2 days. We didn’t get to hear a heartbeat but we could certainly see the heart pounding away and during the scan she was able to calculate 172 beats per minute! It was shocking to me that only at 10 weeks, you can see what you see!!! Little arms and legs are visible!! It was funny when she was trying to check the beats, man was he squirming and wiggling around! Creepy that it’s all happening in there but yet so small that you feel nothing. AMAZING!!! :happydance:

Attachments

• photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 7
Wow Gaves, great picture! Glad it went well!

Hi lovely ladies :) I was wondering if I could join you? I had my dating scan yesterday and I have been confirmed as having a baby due on 9th May 2014. So excited, it's beginning to feel real now! Hubby seems to have finally come round too which is nice. This is our first baby and was a bit of a shock, as after 10 years on the pill I thought it would take much longer than 8 months. Everything looked great yesterday so hopefully it will continue that way. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all x

Attachments

• scan photo.jpg
    scan photo.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
welcome shopaholic :) congratulations! you've been added to the front page. are you planning on finding out gender?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->