May Emeralds 2014! :)

Great scans everyone!

With my first two I received an ultrasound every appointment and was told that at 12 weeks babies gender does look the same. A "penis" could be the vagina starting to form. I wouldn't go out and buy blue. Even at 15 weeks they saw penises and told me that but always said its still a tad early, don't buy anything, we'll check again next time. So I don't think they should've told you that right now and get hopes up or down.

LiLi - Aww that is great, I wonder if baby will arrive on your Birthday? :happydance: Thank you very much :D

Hannah - Lovely scan pic! Aww thank you and that's a shame that they couldn't give you an EDD :(

Good luck to everyone who has their scans soon or has received their scan appointment :D

I love everyones scans! Makes me soooo happy!

Here is my little nugget :) Everything is looking great! He/she was waving at me and wiggling around. Still very hopeful and I feel like this is our rainbow baby. :cloud9:

Attachments

• photo_Fotor.jpg
    photo_Fotor.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 6
Stargazer: at 12 weeks both boys and girls have nearly identical nubs. There is the nub theory which looks at the angle for gender guessing, but it doesn't form into girl/boy parts for a few weeks yet.

Anybody want to place a guess for what they think they are having? On my previous due date thread we took a poll for our guess vs actual gender. It was great fun :) (but most of us were wrong)

I just have a feeling we're having a boy. Not really sure why... Maybe because I know 6 people who have had girls over the past year and not a single boy, so it's about time. Lol! I've always thought we would have a boy first, too. I will be stoked no matter what!

I think and hope girl but idk. I feel after two boys it would be a Miracle if we had a girl :haha: BUT every gender predictor I've done so far says girl! Including the Chinese gender predictor that predicted right for both boys! We still aren't sure if we will find out. I'd like to wait but OH wants to know ASAP :dohh:

Since this is our last I TRUELY hope its a girl but I'd be shocked.

When I was pregnant with my previous, both girls, I was convinced they were boys. This time my pregnancy is so similar to my previous I just feel like it's probably a girl.. So I'm sure I'm wrong again lol!! I feel bad for my hubby. He is an awesome daddy to girls and I know that he will be excited if this one is a girl also but when the dr said it looked like a boy he got this huge smile on his faces I'm worried he will be disappointed if she was wrong and it's another girl.

Stargazer: at 12 weeks both boys and girls have nearly identical nubs. There is the nub theory which looks at the angle for gender guessing, but it doesn't form into girl/boy parts for a few weeks yet.

Anybody want to place a guess for what they think they are having? On my previous due date thread we took a poll for our guess vs actual gender. It was great fun :) (but most of us were wrong)

After some research today you are totally right, the shot she got was the "potty shot" view of both legs the bottom and the private area and both boys and girls look exactly the same. I wish my dr would have just kept her mouth shut.

Here is the best website I found today that shows early pictures of gender.
https://baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

with DD I was 100% convinced she was a boy! even after 4 scans of saying girl I still didn't 100% believe till she was here didn't stop me form buying pink though lol! this time round I really don't have a clue, it would be perfect if we had one of each then DD would have a brother and sister and she really wants a baby brother apparantley lol hubby said he wouldn't mind if it was 2 girls since he knows what to expect with girls ha ha but I "think" it will be 2 boys! x

I'm convince ours is a boy. Have been since he was an embryo!

xx

Great news Maria. I'm not sure when my 12 week scan will be? Do you get a date after you've seen midwife?

Also talking of sex with IVF (sperm and egg just left to do their business in a dish) the chances of a boy are statistically higher as male sperm is faster, with ICSI (sperm injected into egg) you get more girls as the sperm are slower and easier for the embryologist to catch.

Interesting fact.

Also 5 day embryos tend to be boys as they are hardier.

When I first got the bfp I thought it was a girl. I did change my mind somehow a few days later so I have no idea now!! The chinese prediction says 'girl' too and with my 3 children I always thought it was girls with ds I was completely wrong of course!!

Yeah, my midwife booked the scan at my 8 week booking in appointment

It's weird, with my son I knew he was a boy as soon as I got bfp! This one..... Absolutely no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->