May Emeralds 2014! :)

I have no idea what I'm having, but my family is convinced it's going to be a boy! I have my NT scan on Thursday (12w1d) so maybe the new pics will help sway me one way or the other.

I would love love love to have a little girl, but I am sure that no matter what it is I will fall in love with him/her just the same. Can't believe I have to wait 7 more weeks to find out for sure!!!

I hope we have a girl but sometimes I worry what I'd actually do with a girl :haha: they say girls are harder than boys to deal with and so much more worry comes with having a girl!

Me and DH both have a feeling we're having a girl which probably means we'll have a boy instead :D

My sense of smell has increased again today if it gets much better I'll be able to smell what's happening tomorrow LOL!

I am desperate for a girl but all the Chinese predictor tests say 'boy' and they were right for DS as well as all of my SiL's kids. The ones that use my lunar age are saying 'girl' but those ones were wrong for DS and all of my SiL's kids. I don't REALLY believe in them but it's still making me a little sad. It also says that the ones I lost were all girls. I feel like I can't carry girls. I know I should be happy with whatever especially after my losses but I can't help daydreaming about a little princess.

I'm not going by the other old wives' tales though because they were very wrong with DS other than for carrying low.

I feel like I'm having a girl but I am always wrong when it comes to predicting gender so it's probably a boy!

I had my first can today :D Baby is measuring 10 weeks and was wiggling about quite happily. We told my parents too. My next scan is scheduled for January. It's going to be a long wait!

Is anyone else considering baby wearing when they go out rather than always using a pushchair? I've been looking at the ring slings and think I might get one.

I've thought about it, wannabe mommy. I think I'm going to try the Moby Wrap.

Overdid it a bit today, I think. So exhausted. Nap time.

My MiL has offered to make me a sling as well as a nursing blanket. I wouldn't wear the baby all the time but I think it would be nice to have for when we go out as DS still needs to go in a stroller. I have been looking at double strollers but they're costly.

Today I've been taking my Gravol throughout the day even if i was feeling OK and now my nausea is much more manageable. I guess I stopped taking them too early.

I had a Moby wrap and a baby carrier with my daughter. She would not tolerate the wrap no matter what way it was tied. I had to give up on the carrier at about 4 months because she was too heavy for me. I think you could manage it until baby is old enough for a push chair and skip the pram stage though.

Yeah we're looking at babywearing. No idea where to start though! Haha

Think I'm gonna make a sling ring carrier cos I've watched lots of videos and it seems like the one I'd do best with. Apparently they have sling libraries in some areas where you can go and try them out but I can't find one anywhere near me :(

I bought a mobs wrap and I made a sling. I like both particularly at the beginning as I would carry her there around the flat and I'd be able to much more than holding her in my arms. The problem I found with the mobs is the amount of fabric. It puts me off but saying this we used it the other day when we went to the Harry potter thing and she was fine for about 3 hours. I like them now whenever I go shopping. I don't feel comfortable with her sitting on the trolley. Anything can fall on top of her from the shelves and she doesn't stay for too long in there so the sling is practical.
I intend to buy a mei tai carrier. The reviews are excellent and the designs are so lovely too.

I saw a psychic last spring that said I would have a girl soon. The Chinese gender calendar says girl too. I don't know though, it could be a boy! My family really wants a girl though.

I am so jealous of all you ladies seeing your wriggling baby! My scan was at 6 weeks and I am dying to have another one!

I run the local baby wearing group and library in our area :haha: every mom is different to what they like. I personally don't like ring slings. I think stretchy wraps like to moby or boba wrap is best for early days. They don't hold up so well the heavier baby gets so woven wraps or buckle carriers are best with older child. Now that I have two kids so young and then an infant I'll be using strictly buckle carriers while out and about :haha: boba carriers are nice for early days and ease of breast feeding.

In our personal stash we have a ellaroo woven wrap, a ergo, boba wrap and carrier. Thinking about buying a Tula. We have a sit and stand stroller and don't plan on buying a bigger one so the boys will ride in that or walk while I wear baby or ill put baby in front and make one boy walk.

Not sure if this has already been discussed or not but... What are people's thoughts on doing the first trimester screening test? I made the appointment but am having severe doubts about doing it. A little history this test wasn't offered with my previous but I had the second tri screener with my first and it came back positive. It was weeks before I could get further testing and I was an emotional wreck. It ended up being a false positive and she is perfect. We declined all testing with our second and she was perfect. I'm not sure why I even made the appointment with this one but I'm thinking if canceling it... Those who have done it why did you decide to have the test? And those who didn't do it, why not???

With my first baby I had Downs syndrome screening because it was offered where I lived at the time. This time there is no screening for the baby. We'll have an anomaly scan at 20 weeks but that's it.

I'd have done it again if offered but I'm not really put out that it isn't done in my area.

I think I have just found baby on the Doppler right down in my pelvis. Was very quiet but definitely too fast to be my heartbeat. Best 9 weeks present ever. He's slightly to my left. Which is where I thought he was as it's where I felt implantation!

Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow now.

I love the idea of a sling but they seem so expensive?

As for screening I think we will have it but the results won't bother me either way. We know we are both genetically ok anyway as had karotyping (genes checked) before we did our IVF so we shouldn't have any issues but way I'm seeing it is that we are having this baby no matter what. If he had downs I would still love him exactly the same.

I've declined the screening tests. So I'll just have my dating scan and anomaly scan at 20 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->