May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Hi gorgeous ladies,
Hope your all doing well. Stacer good look with the tests. Aimze and hmommy hope your gorgeous little ones are good. Had a bit of time off work and heading back in tomorrow. Only have three days then we re heading to orlando for a holiday. So excited and looking forward to having some fun. Trying to give my brain a rest from all things baby related. Appreciate the support and I will have a cocktail for all you gorgeous ladies x

Thank you silver! Hope you have a great time in orlando-it sure is hot so try to stay cool and hydrated!!! You deserve a good vacation!!

Hmommy nothing fun planned...just completing my registry and getting everything in order for the baby. No they haven't told me estimated weight :/ I go back in 3 wks so I'll be 34 weeks then ;) feels so long away but at the same time feels so close ;)

Ladies! How is everyone doing?!? Long time no talk! Hope everyone is well!

Well we had our ivf consult appt last week and my AMH levels went up from the first test last year, so that's great news! He thinks some months are better than other months at predicting my egg quantity which is why my amh went up. Either way in happy. We did more blood work and just waiting for AF to make an appointment for the hysteroscopy then we can start ivf the following cycle! Am I ready? I don't know! I am in a way but scared in another just bc of everything that happened last time! But we were blessed with a beautiful boy so I am excited of course! Well I'm in cd 25 right now and not sure if AF will come or not. We did try on our own this month to try and save the money of doing ivf but I guess we will see! You always hear the stories of ppl getting pregnant naturally After ivf, so I kinda was hoping we could be that lucky! If AF isn't here by Friday then I might start thinking she's not coming!

Well hope to hear from you all!

Stacer, so exciting!!!! :happydance: :hugs:

I cannot believe you're about to cycle again. I will be praying for you every step of the way!! I hope AF doesn't show up (baby dust!!) but if she does, at least that's a green light to begin your cycle.

AFM, things are definitely getting easier now... the initial shock of 2 babies is easing up and I'm finding a routine each day and the nights are becoming more bearable. :wacko:

Paige is hilarious.. she has attitude already and makes grumpy faces which is so cute when you look at her dimples and loooong eye lashes- I could just eat her up! Liam is sweet and sensitive.. he loves snuggling with me in bed each morning and just melts my heart. I love these kids! :cloud9:

Breastfeeding is tough though. I usually pump once a day in the evening for a couple of bottles, and breastfeed occasionally throughout the day but to be honest, the bulk of their nutrition is coming courtesy of Enfamil. :thumbup:

I also bought a bunch of cloth diapers when I was pregnant, but they've been sitting in a draw in the nursery -- untouched! :shrug: I'm waiting until the twins aren't pooping every three bloody hours! :wacko:

Lucinda, waiting to hear from you on the big day.. roll on!!
Silver, hope you had an awesome vacation!!
Stayhopeful, how's your little man doing now?

Chat soon ladies,
:hugs:

Hmommy-glad things are settling down! My little guy only poops once a day so your babes will get to that point soon. I think you've done great with breastfeeding! It can't be easy with 2 bc it sure isn't easy with 1!! I love that you love them so much! Snuggling with them is the best! Priceless! Well AF came yesterday so I called and scheduled my hysteroscopy for next Tuesday! My mil will be here to watch the baby as that is her normal day to watch him, so I don't know what I'm going to tell her...I don't want her knowing. I haven't even told my family. My dh found out he might be deploying next sept to Africa (which is safer and shorter than his last 2 deployments), so I know they're thinking it should probably wait? But you ladies and I know that sometimes waiting isn't an option! So, we shall see! I'm nervous about getting put to sleep for the hysteroscopy now bc I have a child to look after, but I'm sure I'll be fine! Thanks for the prayers!

Silver-I hope you're doing okay hum! Have they ever suggested doing a hysteroscopy on you?

Aimze-did you get to take home your 2nd baby yet?!

Stay hopeful-how are you? When do you think you will be ready for your next baby?

Hey gorgeous ladies,
Orlando was fab... Very hot, too many cocktails, roller coasters and relaxing both of us needed it. Survived first week back at work. Lovely hearing ur news. Stacer v exciting and hmommy enjoying ur gorgeous babies.
Had a hsg scan that was apparently fine... One of my closest friends had a little girl last week and they have asked me to be god mother.
Still feeling bit broken but trying to enjoy ignoring ivf rubbish. Got appt to discuss how much of a disaster ivf seems for me next week. In two minds about going but will man up and go for the info on egg donor situation dep on what we decide to do.
So pleased life is good for everyone hugs x

So exciting, stacer! I hope that everything goes smoothly and keeping my fingers crossed that you won't even need ivf this time around!

Hmommy, I can't imagine how tough it must be to breastfeed 2 babies! You're doing a great job and there is absolutely nothing wrong with supplementing. And I agree, they do start pooping less as they get older. DS probably goes twice a day at this point. Be prepared for the poop to get A LOT smellier as they start solids! So glad that your twins are doing great. I love seeing their little personalities develop.

Stacer, good luck with your hysteroscopy! FX that everything goes smoothly.

Silver, I'm glad that you had a good time on vacation :) Orlando is a great place to visit. I actually went to Disney and Universal Studios 2 weeks after I miscarried and it was great to take my mind off things. I hope that your appointment next week sheds some light on your situation. Do you think it would be worth it to visit another clinic and at least have a consult to see if the doctor there suggests a different approach or has a different idea about why IVF doesn't seem to be working well for you?

AFM, little man is doing great. He just turned 6 months old, which is hard to believe. He still struggles with the reflux and spitting up, but it's starting to get a little better. Our pedi asked us to start adding rice cereal to the bottles he gets at daycare (he still breastfeeds when he's home with me and gets pumped milk at daycare) and we're going to actually start him on solids soon. I started back to work the middle of August. It was so hard putting him in daycare at first, but we've started to adjust. He did great, it was me that had a hard time! I still hate that I only get to see him for a few hours at night before he goes to bed, but we make the most of our time on weekends. He's almost sitting up on his own and can scoot around, and his little personality is developing like crazy! He's a happy, smiley, curious baby and he's definitely a charmer who loves the ladies :) Yesterday was a bit of a tough day for me because it would have been the 2nd birthday of the baby I lost. A good friend of mine just miscarried twins and helping her through that has brought back a lot of painful memories for me. I just hope that I've been able to be there for her and help her cope.

Oh, and we're planning on waiting a bit before trying for #2. Right now we're thinking summer of 2016. We have quite a few frozen embryos, so we'll probably just go straight to that.

Stacer how exciting!!!! Can't believe your bout to cycle again....best of luck ;)
Hmommy sounds like ur doing a great job with the twins ;)
Silver wishing you get some direction at your apt.
AFM I'm officially 35 weeks and my feet have been getting so swollen that no shoe, crocs, mens shoe, etc fits me and I'm in pain to boot :( so I'm just waddling away as there is nothing else to report on my end...

Hey gorgeous ladies, my apps last week. They do not suggest any further treatment for us. We asked about egg donation and other tests, apparently no evidence and nothing guaranteed, suggested trying elsewhere if we want egg donation. Finished with what will be will be. Enlightening eh!!! Last week didn't feel good. This week the pressure is off and never have to go back there ever again x

Lucinda-your LO will be here in no time! I'm sure you're over the moon! And luckily you had some nice weather today which was probably amazing when you're as far along as you are and have been pregnant all summer! Keep your feet up when you can!

Silver-I'm very frustrated for you! That's not right that they're just not willing to help. I know my clinic would be happy to keep trying for you! Too bad you can't find another clinic!! Well keep your head up! I'm sure this is hard on you, but I don't think it's the end of the road for you!

Hmommy-getting any sleep? Will you be going back to work anytime soon? Hope the twins are good!

Well I had my hysteroscopy last week, it's normal protocol at my clinic before they start you with ivf. They check out your uterus and do a biopsy. So basically I can call on the first day of my period to make an appt to get my protocol and schedule and then start as early as the next cycle if I wanted! I know it sounds stupid, but I just wish I could be normal and get pregnant the natural way - sigh, but don't we all!! So I'll let you know what happens next!

Sorry ladies that I was MIA but I was struggling with symptoms of preclampsia....needless to say that on Mon 10/6 went in for 37 wk ob apt and was sent to labor and delivery for preclampsia....I delivered on Mon and have been in hospital since due to elevated bp and still being swollen :/

So amaZig reading all your updates! It's great this group is still going!!!

Little man has been home 5 months and is beyond amazing. he's 16montjs and such a cheeky chap! His brother is 3 months old and is coming home with any luck just before Xmas!!!! So excited!

Lucinda congratulations!!!

Hmommy wow it's great to read about the twins!!

Stacer wow going again!!! Nice one :) I fancy 3 now lol!!

StayH our little man had reflux till we put him on cows milk an even then had to change full fat to semi but he's now fine!

Silver I'm living proof that you can still have a family. It was only this time last year we started prep groups and 12montjs later we've had a son living with us 5months and another on the way! I love him so much I can't imagine giving birth to him would make a difference. The only one thing is I of course wish he was biologically mine but he wouldn't look like he does and be the boy he is so he's beyond perfect!!! Ahhh love him!!

X

Aimzee thanks...can't wait to be discharged so I can be reunited with my little girl ;) the past 5 days have been the worst....trying to forget bout the negative experience :/

Lucinda, congrats!!! So sorry to hear it was a bit rough but hopefully the worst is behind you. Can you post a pic?? Details please!! :hugs:

Aimze, love hearing from you and great advice you gave to Silver!

Silver, frankly I'm appalled at your clinic...my Dr who has written books on IVF said egg donation (we looked into it) had a 86% success rate for women in my age group provided the uterine walls were in tact. Its your call on this but I feel bad that you're excepting one very negative opinion :nope: :hugs:
Aimze has great insight though and she's right about things... Keep us posted please.

I'm enjoying my funny babies..they have cheeky little personalities- I just love them and am so grateful

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"