May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Silver-thinking of you and keeping everything crossed!

Hmommy-can't wait to hear how things are going?!

Afm my dh comes home tomorrow after being gone for3 weeks! It's been rough being a single mom, I give lots of credit to those that do it full time! My lil guy is going to be 6 months in 11 days! Crazy how times flies! He's rolling over and sitting for short periods on his own, eating solids and recently has started giving me open mouth kisses-so sweet! Babies sure are precious gifts!!

So great that your little guy is on solids! Are you still bfeeding too?

Hmommy-I actually only breastefd for 6 weeks but after the icu situation it was too stressful so I pumped and bottle fed and froze a lot. I stopped pumping around the middle of June and he's still eating the frozen now but will be moving on to formula soon. How is breast feeding coming along? How are you holding up? Getting any sleep?

Hmommy-I actually only breastefd for 6 weeks but after the icu situation it was too stressful so I pumped and bottle fed and froze a lot. I stopped pumping around the middle of June and he's still eating the frozen now but will be moving on to formula soon. How is breast feeding coming along? How are you holding up? Getting any sleep?

Omg Stacer, I'm having a rough time...pumping and bfeeding!!! I'm so sore and feel like its all I do. I'm up several times a night-each twin taking turns and then when they're both finally settled and sleeping, then I go downstairs and wash and use my pump ready for the next feeding. I'm so exhausted. My hubby went back to work and I'm on my own all day run ragged taking care of two babies!!

I love them so much- they are tiny and so precious. Paige has a diaper rash right now though and is pretty fussy. Liam is easy..such a good baby. I'm trying not to get too bogged down in the "chores" and take little moments to just enjoy them.

:oneofeach: Any advice??

I'm so sorry, Silver :hugs:

Hmommy, I can't imagine taking care of 2 at once! All I can say is hang in there, it does get easier. BFing definitely takes some getting used to and so does pumping, I was so sore for a long time. And just getting used to taking care of an infant and still functioning takes some figuring out too. You're doing a great job!

Hmommy-you sound like you've got your hands full but are handling it quite well! Myoy advice is for the diaper rash-use a wash cloth with water to clean the bottom, let it air dry then put on cream and a diaper. We did this everytimr he got a diaper rash and it never last long. Apparently the zinc in the cream keeps the moisture in and causes the rash that's why you have to let it air dry. We also use cream every poopy diaper change, even when he doesn't have a rash.
And honestly I would buy more pump supplies-you need to rest in between and not clean!!! It will save you so much! Get them on amazon so you don't have to go anywhere!! Breast feeding is hard. If you need the break take it-don't let your breasts get too sore!
And I say take lots of videos and pictures! I can't even remember my LO being small, it goes by so fast!! It's hard to take it all in! But enjoy every minute!!!

Silver, how are you feeling today? Any plan of action moving forward? I'm thinking about you, friend. :hugs:

Thanks Stacer and Stay, I ordered another set of pumps/flanges and more bottles this morning. :thumbup: I doubt I'll ever get ahead since each double pump goes straight to the babies.... unless I have them do a few formula feeds. :shrug: I manage to nap with them yesterday.. which was a first so I'm counting all the little achievements! Lol...:wacko:

Good job Hmommy!! You'll look back one day and not know how you made it through this time! Lol!!

Silver-thinking of you and hope you're doing well!

Hey gorgeous ladies,
Struggling a big but trying to concentrate on the positives. Enjoy cuddling your little ones. Hmommy u sound like ur doing great x

Silver-I am sorry hun! It's got to be hard! But don't give up on your dreams of having a child! Did they give you any reasons as to why it didn't work?

No, we have review appt end of sept which at the moment I don't see the point in going to. They think ivf just doesn't work for me. The whole thing is rubbish.., spending time with my Hubbie, drinking some vino and trying to pull myself together x

Silver sending massive hugs...

I know everyone has different thoughts but honestly I couldn't love a child I pushed out more than my adopted son, I love him so so much an I'm finally a mummy. To the outside world as I'm pushing him through town no one knows our story, we're just mother & son. Best part is our journey continues an we bring hme a 3 month baby boy in a few months!

Hmommy sounds tough but you're doing great. Don't feel like you can't use formula not everyone can breastfeed an especially not two!!!!!

Love to allxx

Just sending out a quick hello....I know I disappeared off the face of the planet but this move was crazy. I have been at my apt for a week and there are boxes everywhere as it's hard to manage the two floors. I will post more later just wanted to say hello....btw I will be delivering at Florida hospital Altamonte since it's 13 min from me.

Hi Lucinda! Hope things settle down soon! Altamonte Florida hospital is a good one! Welcome to orlando!

Silver-hope you're hanging in there!

Hmommy and stay-how are those babies?!

Aimze-congrats on getting the sibling too! That's great that they will be together and have you!!

Thanks Stacer...just trying to get rid of the many moving boxes and counting down the days till dh gets here ;)

Hey ladies! Well, the twins are almost 5 weeks now and I'm starting to get the hang of some things. I'm exhausted beyond belief but madly loving these butterballs too! Paige is feisty and makes hilarious faces. :dohh: she's so cute, and tiny compared to her brother who gains pounds daily!! Lol.. Liam is my sweet little man. I think its so true how they say there's a special bond between moms and sons because theres something about him that just melts my heart. The same is true for my hubby and Paige..he never puts her down!!

I am up every two hours feeding one twin then the second, and my days are mayhem, but I keep on keeping on and am so grateful ����

image.jpg

Lucinda, remind me again, when is your due date? Gotta be getting close now!!

Silver, hows it going? Any news?

Stacer and Stay, when will I sleep again?? Lol..

Hmommy wow they are absolutely precious!!!!! Massive congrats on their arrival!
I'm due 10/27 which seems like an eternity away....I'm down to seeing obgyn every 2 wks so I'm off to the obgyn on Mon.

Oct 27th, awesome Lucinda!! Just in time for a very cute Halloween costume!!! :)

Have you received any details such as baby's projected weight yet? Are you going for a 3d scan or anything fun like that?

Hmommy-they are super cute! Glad you're enjoying it! And honestly sometimes I think if I had a girl I wouldn't be as close to her as I am to my boy! So that's funny that you say that! I sure do love my boy!! Time does fly, can you believe Cobin is 6 months already! Ugh! Wish time would slow down! I would say you'll sleep again around 4 months, but who knows. My friends have a 4 month old and he's still waking every 2 hours And that's about the same as my sisters 3 month old. However, you can eventually start trying to give them paci in the middle of the night instead of feeding around 3 months if you think they're ready. But of course if they truly are hungry that doesn't work! Lol!

Did I tell you ladies we already went back to ivf doctor for consult? We want one more baby if possible. We don't have any frozen though so we would be starting from scratch. He did ultrasound and took blood and I'm actually going back in tomorrow for cd 3 bloodwork too. Then we will have another appoinents to discuss results. Of course it all depends on my amh and endometriosis. So we will see. We're trying to start the progress again now bc the longer we wait the smaller our chances of conceiving get. I would want them close in age anyway, so since Cobin is 6 months I think it's a good time. I honestly don't want to do ivf agAin but feel like it's our only option. We will try on our own while we wait, but I have had 2 cycles since breastfeeding any nothing yet so who knows!! It's going to be hard with making appointments and having a little one bc it's not appropriate for me to bring him. But we will figure it out!

Lucinda-Oct 27 will be here before you know it! August is nearly over!!

Wow Stacer, that's awesome! Can't believe you'll be back to a cycle again! Well, I think this time round you can at least come home from all those appointments and cuddle your little one...a much different feeling perhaps from the anxiety of the first time around. :hugs:

I wanted to stop by to see my ivf Dr and the nurses who worked with us along the way to show them the twins but once I thought about it I realized that it would be insensitive to bring them into the clinic..I was in that waiting room before and know what that feels like. So I sent him an email and photos instead and was thrilled to hear back from him the next day! ,then yesterday we got a card in the mail from his staff. :) These people have no idea how profoundly they effect our lives...what an amazing job..makes me want to look into nursing!!

So, along with Silver, I'll be praying for you Stacer as you get ready to give Cobin a little bro or sis! So exciting!! :happydance:

I know what you mean about the effects these people have on our lives! I wasn't thrilled to be back at the ivf clinic, but I was thrilled to see and talk to the doctors and nurses bc I have a very special place in my heart for them for giving me my baby!!! So it was exciting to see everyone and share my pics! We sent our doctor an announcement and he wrote us a letter back which touched my heart even more! If I ever became a doctor, this would be the field I would consider. And I actually considered going back to school to do it!!! And thanks for the prayers! A lot of it depends on the AmH result. My bloodwork from today showed a slightly elevated estrogen but everything else was normal. So I'll probably call tomorrow to determine next steps. They will do another hysteroscopy prior to ivf so I assume the earliest would be October that we would even begin ivf. But yes going home to cuddle my LO will be great! And I'm sure even though I will want it to work I'll probably be a tad less obsessed bc my mind will be occupied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->