May mamas! (May 2017 due dates)

Hi! Sorry life got busy lol. Hope everyone is well.

We don't know if we're finding out or not. We kind of don't want to and kind of do. I think it's a girl though. DH really wants a girl so hopefully.

I haven't had a prenatal yet. We're touring a birth center tonight and a home birth midwife Saturday to see who's a good fit. I'm hoping to have a home birth. Just have to work it out financially. But I know the midwife as she's a doula that was trained by the same women as me so I trust her and I think we can make this work.

How is everyone feeling? 6+4 today and I am unable to eat anything hot or have hot drinks.
Surviving off cereal,greek yogurt,and orange juice.
Nasua seems to hit in the night,after I have been up for a wee.
Thankful its not during the day at work but I am struggling to get enough sleep at night!

My nausea seems to be all-day nausea. I feel sick from the moment I get up until the moment I go to bed. I don't wanna get up or cook or do anything. I'm oddly not adverse to food despite the nausea so I'm still eating. And no aversions in particular. Maybe 'no greasy food'...

I'm still going to work. But I wish I didn't have to. It's miserable.

I just try to keep reminding myself I'll probably start feeling better in a couple weeks.

Arturia, everything you said exactly. That's how I'm feeling. Persistent all day nausea, but no aversions really. And not actually vomiting so I still eat. Wish I didn't have to go to work too!

Hi ladies! I'm doing meh, lots of nausea and i'm still hating veggies weirdly enough, but I've started drinking V8 which is tomatoey enough to pass muster. The doc said it's probably the progesterone making it last like this, but who knows! I'm officially further along than any other of the pregnancies. We did a scan yesterday, HB 160, measuring 8w2d (I'm 9 weeks today, so a little behind, but 2 days less behind than at the last scan). Sorry I haven't been around too much, just feeling to icky. I've been following along with everyone, though <3

I've attached a pic from the scan. Baby is facing forward, it's amazing the change from two weeks ago to yesterday. Our next scan is in a month, at 12 weeks, right before halloween. Hopefully the nuchal will be good so I can don some kind of cute maternity shirt and actually tell people. I hope we find out the gender early accidentally! No team yellow here. I'd love to do sneak peak if we can find the extra funds. Has anyone used that before?

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
That's a great scan becca! I'm anxious for my 8+2 scan next Tuesday.

We'll also be finding out the gender when we can, as I'm too impatient to wait for a surprise.

As for nausea, I've been nauseous pretty consistently since 6 weeks. Most days I can barely move off the couch, but I've a had a few days here and there where I've felt pretty good, but then I panic that something's wrong. Keep having to remind myself that symptoms come and go, and that not everyone even gets ms. No vomiting, but definitely have aversions.....so far: coffee, vegetables, beef and pork. I was surviving on pasta for week 5 and 6, and now I can't even look at the package without feeling sick. Same with Pizza lol. Right now I'm surviving off of cereal, cheese and chicken fingers. I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester and hopefully being able to eat healthy again!

amanda, i would freak if the symptoms stopped! for me they have been constant, at least the nausea. some days i'm more tired than others.

don't get me started on coffee. it started tasting weird to me before I even tested. I haven't been drinking it since because it's awful (and I normally LOVE coffee, like a lot. like three shots of espresso a day love). I made a cafe aulait last weekend and the taste wasn't bad (mostly milk as opposed to my usual black) but I was SO jittery and anxious afterwards.

Cereal, cheese and chicken fingers, the three Cs! I am loving cheese as well. Anything with tomato, too. I have been trying to vary it up so I don't hate any one thing due to repetition, but I still can't bring myself to eat most veggies.

The couch is our friend.

I am also off coffee and tea! Cant stomach cheese even though i love the stuff

Oddly coffee is no problem for me. Most flavoured drinks are great. Water tastes gross right now, it's one of the few things I can't really drink. (Sadly this means I am probably getting way too many calories and sugar, but I figure it's better for me to drink half orange juice and half water than to not drink water at all)

Half water and oj seems fine to me, sure you may be getting a bit more sugar, but it's so early now we don't have to worry too much about it. I've been thinking about doing half water and bug juice or cider just to mix it up a bit, but everything tastes too sweet, except, weirdly, sweet tarts.

That's a fab scan!

I saw my mw yesterday for my initial appointment. Because of my 4 recurrent mc since my son she's sending me for an early scan, I'm to phone when I'm 6 weeks to book in. She also said that I should have had investigations done due to them being recurrent - I'm so pleased someone agreed with me! Been given vitamins and more folic acid and will have my booking in appointment in around 3 weeks.

Nausea wise it comes and goes for me. I seem to have an aversion to tuna given my vomming of my baked potato and tuna last night &#128567;

I had my 8 week scan today, and they found another one!! That being said, one baby has a nice heartbeat of 170, but measured 7w4d even though they say I should be 8+1, and I thought I was 8+2. I'm trying not to stress, as the hb was strong, and I've read all over the place that measurements can be off by up to a week. The other baby only measured 6w2d and was too small to get a heartbeat reading, although there was something there. The tech is pretty sure I'll lose that one, but at least there's one strong little bub.
Anyone have any thoughts on the measuring smaller, or much smaller twin?

It could be the tech didn't really get a good view and measured small. It could be the second bub implanted a little bit later and was also slightly smaller, then was measured incorrectly and the hb not caught well. It could be you'll lose that one as the tech said. (if so, many :hugs: and best of luck for the remaining one)

I hope your next scan brings better news for the smaller one. <3

Cariad - did you schedule your scan?

amanda - whoa, about the little twin! my SIL had a smaller one in there that was reabsorbed as it was just too little to make it, but her LO is due in the next couple of weeks, so the pregnancy turned out well. If you do lose it, the stronger one will get all the more nutrients etc. As for the measurment on the bigger one, it's so early that things can change from scan to scan, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm doing ok, nausea shows up when it wants, sometimes all day and sometimes just randomly throughout the day. Today I'm feeling exhausted and have a nasty headache. I'm not taking any pain medicines besides baby aspirin, just sucking it up and drinking lots of water. I have a sudden craving for hot cocoa. I've been drinking a lot of milk lately, which is very unusual for me! How is everyone else doing? Over all, i felt better this weekend than last :)

Beccabonny: I've got one at 6+4 on Saturday morning then another one at bang on 8 weeks. My EPAU are really good and as soon as I explained my situation they scheduled me for two reassurance scans. I'm really nervous for Saturday and just hope I'm far enough along to at least see a heartbeat.

Amanda: I hope the twin is ok a d maybe just slower growing. Fingers crossed lovely.

I'm exhausted today and could honestly just fall asleep. I don't remember being this tired with Ollie! My OH is finding it all very amusing. We think we're going to tell our work next week if the scan goes ok. I wanted to wait till 12 weeks due to my history but we're getting heavier patients in do it's riskier for me to work with them and I'm running out of excuses not to!

I hope the scan goes well!! It's nerve-wracking waiting, but it sounds like you have a great team on your side! Hope you feel a bit more energetic soon!

I had a small bleed around half 5 last night. Just started shaking like a leaf when I wiped and there was blood. Dark red with no clots and no pain and it completely stopped after I wiped, didn't even go on the pad. Still feel like I have symptoms so hopefully it's just one of those things.

I phoned EPAS and the midwife has put me on bed rest for 2 days. She says coz it's not continued and there's no pain or clots and because I bled at the same time with Ollie that unfortunately I might just bleed in early pregnancy. I'm so scared though. I hope Saturday goes ok :(

I've not updated for a little while, but I had my first appointment with the midwife on Tuesday @ 6 weeks. I've had previous recurrent miscarriages and a bit of spotting this pregnancy, as well as tests that went from being as dark as the control to squinters again and back again. My digital tests went from 2-3 and then when they should have gone to 3+ they dropped to 1-2... But then went up again to 3+ a few days later. So confusing. She's booked me an early scan for Sunday morning so I'll be 6+5 and I'm extremely nervous.

Good luck Kit!!! Maybe your urine was just more diluted on the days it was lighter?

Thanks, it was FMU each time and I drank similar amount before bed and slept same sort of hours so it shouldn't have been but anything is possible I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->