May Marvels 2018

So a new name has popped up on my short list. Still keeping them to myself for some reason, but we have 2 to decide upon.
We keep calling the belly by them to see which sticks.
I don't think hubby truly loves either but he's letting me have the final say and vetoes ones he's really againsy.

Hi all!! I’ve been really bad about checking in. Haven’t had much to say. Baby room is painted pink and I spray painted some gold sparkly flowers on the wall. No name picked out yet!! Hubby and I are having a really hard time with it...nothing feels good enough. Although I keep going back to the name Quinley...really like that one.

As far as how I’m feeling, I think this little girl likes to play tricks on me. I hadn’t thrown up for almost two weeks and then all of a sudden threw up this morning. Can’t believe I’m 23 wks and this is still going on. Oh well, what can be done? I also still have to eat frequently, otherwise the baby definitely lets me know it with a bad nausea-empty stomach feeling. I’ve been loving vinegary salads lately!

All these names sound lovely! Cheluzal-I actually really like Rigley for a boy. One of our girls names is actually Ridley...just a one consonant difference!

Chel I thought you were set on your name!! You're throwing me for a loop lol!!

Mrsstrezy sorry you're still slogging thru sickness. I've noticed my nausea has been a lot worse now at 24-26 weeks than it was from 16-24 so who knows. :/

We've decided on a name! Genevieve 'Evie' Lynn. I've always loved the name Genevieve, and Lynn is my moms middle name.

Aw, I love this name! I went to high school with a super-cool woman named Genevieve and have always thought it's got such a lovely ring to it.

WEIGHT: I've gained 14 pounds at my last check-up weeks ago. We don't own a scale and I only weigh at the dr's so no telling what I am now. I'm a tall, thin girl so probably need the extra weight, but it's very hard to get used to it in one place so quickly. Snarky comments from family isn't helping. Yes, mom---I know you didn't look like me now at 9 months...you've only mentioned it 8 times this pregnancy...

NAME: I like unique names. My first name is and I've always received compliments. We had Truett on our short list but hubby sounds soooo country when he says it, lol. We live in a country town, but dang.
Our girl name was Rigley and hubs had me consider it for the boy just so he could call him his "Big Rig," which is adorable, but I'm not feeling it for a boy. The middle name is for sure Christopher, after my late brother.

omg your family can hush. Where are you going to put the actual baby before he's born, anyway? He has to take up room! That is basically his job for now! I'll be sitting here staring daggers at your mom.

With you on the "have a unique name, like it quite a bit" front. And also A+ for seeing how these names sound when you both say them...my sister & her husband have recently changed their mind for their new little girl's name, and I haaaaate the new one. "It sounds so country" is a nice way of saying what I really want to say for that one 😬

And yay single digit days remaining for me!! 99!! 4 weeks of work left phew!

Ahhhh! Feels so soon now!!

Hi all!! I’ve been really bad about checking in. Haven’t had much to say. Baby room is painted pink and I spray painted some gold sparkly flowers on the wall. No name picked out yet!! Hubby and I are having a really hard time with it...nothing feels good enough. Although I keep going back to the name Quinley...really like that one.

As far as how I’m feeling, I think this little girl likes to play tricks on me. I hadn’t thrown up for almost two weeks and then all of a sudden threw up this morning. Can’t believe I’m 23 wks and this is still going on. Oh well, what can be done? I also still have to eat frequently, otherwise the baby definitely lets me know it with a bad nausea-empty stomach feeling. I’ve been loving vinegary salads lately!

All these names sound lovely! Cheluzal-I actually really like Rigley for a boy. One of our girls names is actually Ridley...just a one consonant difference!

I like Quinley! And the only reason I hesitate on Rigley for a boy is everyone might call him Rig and I am not feeling that! LOL
I'm such a brat about nicknames that I don't want a name that will never be called. Yes, people shorten, but for the most part I want a shorter name that can't be too easily shortened....bah...so hard.

Chel I thought you were set on your name!! You're throwing me for a loop lol!!

I was, I was!! I was set on a name before we got married!
Then hubs emails me some unique suggestions a couple day ago and 1 stood out and now I'm so torn.

I am leaning more to the new one since it's less common. My original one isn't common but it's being heard here and there. I can't control that but I would like it to not be too common still years from now...lol.

omg your family can hush. Where are you going to put the actual baby before he's born, anyway? He has to take up room! That is basically his job for now! I'll be sitting here staring daggers at your mom.

With you on the "have a unique name, like it quite a bit" front. And also A+ for seeing how these names sound when you both say them...my sister & her husband have recently changed their mind for their new little girl's name, and I haaaaate the new one. "It sounds so country" is a nice way of saying what I really want to say for that one

Aw, you're sweet. Thank you for that. :flower:
People at work keep saying I'm cute.
I'm posting a picture of dress I wore today. Secretary says, "You're really stretching out those polka dots." I told her off good! I said I would put her on my bad list and don't need that negativity. She is a nice lady and was joking but I'm defensive about it. She said I was cute and I told her that's the only things she can say, lol.

Attachments

• 23 weeks.jpg
    23 weeks.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 15
You look beautiful chel!

Happy 26 weeks to me and yay for single digits as well!!! Time is starting to run now!

Eee happy 26 weeks Chibi!

I'm posting a picture of dress I wore today. Secretary says, "You're really stretching out those polka dots." I told her off good! I said I would put her on my bad list and don't need that negativity. She is a nice lady and was joking but I'm defensive about it. She said I was cute and I told her that's the only things she can say, lol.

PEOPLE. That dress is super cute & you're super cute in it. End of story.

I am totally in the "in an ideal world, randos wouldn't comment on other people's bodies" camp. But I still like the occasional "you look great" or similar.

Although speaking of bodies, my little gym (which I loooove) does measurements biweekly, but only if you request them (a lot of folks get uncomfortable about it, so everyone gets to do what works best for them if it's opt-in). Did measurements for the first time since early December today, and I am getting a lot of mileage out of my Sweet Gains and am honestly having a super fun time seeing how my body is shifting around. Plus, this little fish basically partied all through class today. I got squats and bench presses AND baby dancing! Yessss.

I felt better yesterday after looking in the mirror and sucking in my bump XD It's actually not gigantic when I don't let it all hang out... phew lolol!!

Thanks everyone! My husband tells me I'm beautiful and he's should be all that matters. He admitted he never really found anything attractive about a pregnant woman--but now I'm his, so he gets it.

He's really coming around to having a kid. We're older (40 and 47) so he's had a long time to accept not being a dad. Then I come and turn his world upside-down, lol.

It's 7pm here and I'm pooped. Work is fine but I just can't sleep well. Fall asleep on couch and after I drag upstairs and brush teeth I get insomnia. Ugh. 1-2 pee trips and waking too early is kicking my butt.

I hear you on the pee trips chel. And after, I can't fall back asleep properly! So annoying!

He's really coming around to having a kid. We're older (40 and 47) so he's had a long time to accept not being a dad. Then I come and turn his world upside-down, lol.

ahhh cute older dads <3

(My husband is 45 and will almost certainly be 46 once this kid gets out. He didn't realize he wanted kids until his late 30s, and kinda figured that ship had sailed, unless he somehow happened to meet a 30-year-old who wanted kids with him? And, uh, we started dating when I was 29. He also went grey in his teens and we are already wondering how long it'll be before someone calls him grandpa.)

Had my GTT this morning ladies.

Absolute nightmare trying to get the bloods. I'm bruised and achy now. But I should know in a couple of days if I passed or not.

Picked up the painting supplies this morning. Biiiiiiig tin of white paint (previous owners painted the room a really dark blue. Whyyyy!?) and some tester pots. So that my and hubs sorted for the day.

Hopefully we can get it painted in the next few days and not kill each other :haha:

I've also started drinking squash with water instead of diet lemonade and tbh I feel great. I know squash isn't the good for you, but the water has to be better than the lemonade. I'm drinking a lot more now, and I feel more hydrated. I'm quite proud of myself.

Good plan broken I often drink diet lemonade instead to and I never used to before I always drank squash so I need to get back to drinking squash! I’m rubbish at drinking water!!

How was the drink they give you for the GTT test? I’m worried it will make me feel sick.
Good luck with the nursery! The baby will eventually go in with joanie so I may just update her room slightly once baby is here but tbo it’s already a nursery so I don’t have to do much. Our pram came today!!! It’s trally nice I’m very happy with it!!

I'm super behind on this, but Viera, I love the name you've chosen. It's such an elegant name, though not used very often now. And you have nickname options if you want them.

Chel, I'm with everyone else... you look like a perfect pregnant lady in that polka dot dress. You can tell everyone, especially your mom, to back off :haha:

Kitten - as for the older dads, my DW is 56 and is very excited about being a FTM with me. I am certain people will think she's grandma, but she and I have talked about it and we're both okay with that, as long as our baby doesn't get upset by it. DW went grey several years ago, so pretty much ever since we started dating, people have assumed she is my mom. But she doesn't want to color her hair just to please other people, so we both manage with the weird looks when we tell people that she's my wife, not my mom. Like many of us older first time parents, DW is sure that she wouldn't have been ready to be a parent 10 or 20 years ago, so the timing is great for her. I'm just so excited to see how happy she is about the whole thing!

Mrsstrezy, I am so sorry to hear you're still feeling green. I have been in the same boat but have noticed it's starting to get better. I hope you feel better soon!

Broken, I hear you on the intense paint colors. Our "office" is Pepto-Bismol pink and I am dreading ever having to paint it because that bright pink will definitely seep through any color. And it's such a tiny room that the color is really overwhelming! Good luck with the painting. Are you using the white as a sort of primer or as the base color? Whenever we get around to painting our pink room, I think I might use Kilz as a primer to save on the extra coats of paint. But since that won't be baby's room, we can cross that bridge later! :winkwink:

Ricschick I used to drink cola constantly and then switched to lemonade. Now water with squash. Baby steps haha.

The drink was okay tbh. It doesn't taste nice, but I didn't feel sick. I was worried too with not having eaten for ages but all good!

Oh Wicky! The blue isn't the worst of it. The *morons* that lived here before us decided the best thing to do was paint a St George flag... on the wall... in DARK RED. It will not cover. It's had 2 coats of white so far and still showing through. We're just using white as a primer. We're going to paint it green I think. But I'm gunna have to find a big poster or something to cover this bloody flag. It's huge as well. Absolutely ruins the room.

Ladies...how are you drinking squash? Or maybe what you call squash is not what I call squash lol.
We painted the baby&#8217;s room last week, it&#8217;s grey. I&#8217;m going to accent it with white and pink. I just finished printing off some cute sayings and framed them. I bought a fluffy rug and new curtains. I just want to get it all set up!
I&#8217;m delaying myself washing all her clothes and stuff as I know it&#8217;s way too early but nesting is starting to take over.
I&#8217;m going to start taking some prenatal yoga to get things ready and have started on my squat routine to strengthen my legs as I&#8217;ve been lazy as sh$t the past month lol.
I had a follow up scan from 20 weeks as the tech couldn&#8217;t get good pics of her spine so now I&#8217;m freakin out that there was an issue because she took a 1000 pics it seemed.
I hope everyone is doing well aside from the exhaustion and sore bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->